Fan first friday may 21st

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, May 17, 2021.

1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Everything they showed looks amazing but I can't help but be frustrated and annoyed about what they didn't show. Let us see Grindor and Jolt dammit:mad: 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Well to me the joke is fans who gush over leaks so much that when hasbro does a reveal they throw a fit over it

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Battle mask or no?

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Agreed, but you and I have had conversations in other threads about how most of these marketing guys are completely clueless. Too busy looking at numbers and metrics and not enough "real world" application of them if you ask me.

Yeah, the problem is that they decided to use the plastic budget to make non-transforming versions of two of the most hated characters within the G1 fandom. So, yeah, no swords for you, but here are two characters a lot of you guys loath and they don't even transform! Isn't that cool?!

• Like Like x 10
  5. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    More Beast Wars?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TransformingRobot

TransformingRobot Banned

A lot of you are so self entitled. This was a free event for fans, no kids, fans. Did I mention FREE?

Leaks happen, Hasbro can't help it. Like movies showing up online on or before premiere night....leaks happen.

Hasbro showed four big figures, two which are troop builders.

Of everything only slag was fully spoiled and Wreckgar's bot mode only was spoiled.

Did I want more? I want it all so yes! Do I think Hasbro cheaped out in any way? FREE EVENT!!!!!!

Self entitlement, the shit that killed our beautiful society. Here's a participation badge for the lot of you.

• Like Like x 4
  7. UnethicalVoxel

UnethicalVoxel Funny Bicycle Man

News Credits:
    Other Junkions are leaked, they'll probably release those more widely.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

For the folks who complain that they should reveal before the leakers show new stuff- how soon do you reveal? A year from release? 18 months from release? And how is Hasbro going to predict what gets leaked and what doesn't? Gnaw didn't get leaked onto YouTube but should Hasbro revealed him six months ago "just in case" he got leaked even though he wouldn't be available until later this year?

When Hasbro reveals stuff its for the purpose of creating anticipation and building momentum for the release fo a figure. There is no point in revealing figures that are year or more away-- that kills interest and backfires. I'd say six months is pushing it. Four months at max.

Hasbro will never win against leaks. They only have luck on their side. You guys make it sound like its easy to control the hundreds and hundreds of employees that have access to future product-- either at Hasbro, their retail partners or the toy factories. Get real.

Sounds like people are complaining about spoiling themselves with leaked info and leaked images. If you are really unhappy about that just stick to Hasbro Pulse and official YouTube channels.

I think people have unrealistic expectations. As fans "we want it all NOW" and I get that but at the same time, you also understand that Hasbro is working in a system that needs new product sprinkled throughout the year. Fans actually want this too. We don't actually want to know everything in one month and then have 12 months of no-news. I also think most of us want these purchases sprinkled throughout the year because its easier to budget this way.

• Like Like x 8
  9. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    is Wreck-Gar\'s alt mode compatible with 6 inch figure?

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, they weren't, actually. To you, maybe, but that's a you issue. They've only shown SS figures once in these streams and that was 69 Devastator in the boxset. Considering the times they haven't been shown, this should be no surprise to anyone that Jolt and Sideswipe didn't make an appearance. Should they? Yes. Should the live streams be more comprehensive and cover everything when possible? Yes. But...that's Hasbro's fault, not your fellow poster's.

He doesn't like Bayverse, big whoop. Doesn't mean he's hating on you or your fellow Bayverse fans simply because he said he didn't like the movie stuff. Making that leap is unhealthy and probably grounds for the staff intervening. You don't have the right, don't deserve the right, to say he's doing something he isn't.

No one hates you because they don't like Bayverse. It's been quite the opposite, I've seen, in recent years... These posts of yours are proof of it.

11. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

So wen preorders ?

12. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    So on the leaks. Keep in mind that much of the leaks come from the packaging design stage. So leaks are technically hitting from just finished or about to finish figures. This creates a problem in preempting leaks since corporate probably wants to reveal finished figures packaging included.

That doesn't excuse only revealing part of a wave however. It looks like the focus was the '86 movie and I get from a marketing perspective keeping it tight and spreading reveals across outlets. However I also get the frustration of not having the live action movies getting their share. The communication needs to improve in my opinion but I imagine there are issues behind the scenes that we would disagree with the importance not.

The reveals by stores have been generally lackluster. WalMart is just terrible and Target never does anything significant marketing themselves. The smaller collector focused e-tailers have done better and I wish they received more reveals. Of course, any reveals done outside Hasbro can easily be scooped by leakers.

I wonder if Hasbro would consider doing a pipeline reveal setup like for Star Wars. How has that been received in that community? I imagine the problem for us would be upset at changes that happen.

• Like Like x 2
  13. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    To be accurate to SG Starscream, yes, it needed to be the Tetrajet.

And while I can sympathize with the desire for non-G1 stuff, I would be perfectly happy never to see the Bayverse referenced in any form, ever again.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Seriously shouldn\'t shattered glass get their own animated series?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    yeah using the Siege mold for Starscream was a good choice, personally I wished the also used the Siege molds for Optimus and Ratchet as well and not their Earthrise molds.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Sounds about right
    Sounds about right
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    That's cool

• Like Like x 4
  17. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    *slow clap*

• Like Like x 1
  18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like them all, I just wish Slag/Slug came with the Quintesson to step on instead of Daniel

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These reveals are more disappointing than the stream was :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Gnaw's little boots make me laugh. In a good way. I like him a lot.

I like that Wreck-Gar explicitly has 5mm pegs for handlebars, that's fun.

And while I'm not a big fan of the Siege Seeker mold, it looks pretty sharp in SG Starscream colors (and was the right choice of molds, since it's the closest modern mold they have to a Cybertron tetrajet). And the dual swords will go well with the articulation in that mold.

Overall good stuff for me. I'm sure there are nitpicks to be had, but hey, at the end of the day... new toys.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Hi Im Spidey

Hi Im Spidey Banned

just cause its free doesnt mean youre not allowed to call it out

• Like Like x 10
  22. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

2583C210-FC49-4239-974B-C4ADB08EE264.png 055AE6B9-EC1F-421B-9941-E88BE2F12C81.png D6E56EC8-9695-49D5-951C-51E581C852F3.png BEDADFF1-C751-47FD-9C45-A7BB2160B3D8.png A758D32E-CC37-431E-9E99-7F464ABECAF4.png

How’s that Queen song go...?
    “I want it all...
    I want it all!
    I want it all!!!!
    And I want it NOW”

*Thanks for uploading these pics, guys. Sorry I stole them. :D  *

• Like Like x 4
  23. TransformingRobot

TransformingRobot Banned

1pm