Fan first friday may 21st

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, May 17, 2021.

1. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    WOW! Good catch!

• Like Like x 1
  2. JockerStudio

JockerStudio Mr.JK

I can’t believe they let me down again. They held an FFF in April and told us at the end that there would be an SS-focused event in May. It took me more than a month to look forward to it. In fact, They even spent half of the time exposing SS-86

I usually like everything about Transformers, but this disappoints me too much. What's the joke?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

News Credits:
    All this time waiting for a tf fff and that’s what we get? Yeah they only have themselves to blame for the leaks, if anything they’re doing a better job at keeping us hyped then Hasbro at this point

• Like Like x 3
  4. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

I\'m keen on gnaw and wreck-gar!

5. UnethicalVoxel

UnethicalVoxel The Red Right Hand

News Credits:
    Oh come on, we both know the implications of saying "This was GREAT because I hate bay!" in a thread of people upset that a bay character they were told was gonna be revealed wasn't. I don't give a damn if someone hates something I like, but the implications were clear.

• Like Like x 4
  6. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

they did a great job with the blu ray box art, it seems kinda difficult for people to recreate retro art that looks genuine but they pulled it off

• Like Like x 1
  7. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Gnaw! My baby boy, my precious child! You look magnificent! I will own at least 5 of you :D 

Wreck-Gar also looks fantastic!

• Like Like x 4
  8. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if the 35th Anniversary Edition will be available in the UK? 

9. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Nothing that hasnt already been leaked or speculated already. But still nice to get a visual. Sad they didnt go all in with studio series and show off Grindor, Jolt, and the seeker repaint. Also, what was the point of not showing off Artfire ?

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...his mother is the excess film leftover by smelting metal? That's... So does that make him metal? *throws up devil horns*

• Like Like x 3
  11. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    At the end of the day here, this is one single event of many reveals/releases this year.

These are the best Transformers we've ever gotten (imo), and im fine with knowing what's coming without seeing it yet, and I always get happier seeing the final figures in hand and seeing their packaging.

Again, maybe its because I dont like live action SS figures, but even knowing we haven't seen some stuff im interested in.... Im fine waiting because I know what will eventually be out, and based on the track record, I expect it to be really good.

To people being mad theyre upset about leakers: this isnt just Hasbro. Video games are the same way. Game devs get really upset if a game they've spent years developing leaks before theyre ready to reveal it. Especially if youre the designer... Just imagine working on and designing something and perfecting it to the point you're so excited to see it revealed properly, and it gets revealed by a blurry mistransformed factory stolen item, or a blurry cropped jpeg. They have every right to be upset, but at the end of the day, people here thinking they are punishing the fanbase for leaks is the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time.

It's fine to be upset Jolt/Grindor/Kingdom 4-pack, etc didnt get revealed today, but dont get mad at the people who design these things. there is so much that goes into these figures, they obviously are gonna be disheartened if stuff leaks because factory workers steal samples and get them to primevprime or Kremzeek before the official reveals can even be planned/done.

Being mad for the sake of being mad gets absolutely nowhere. For you, for them, for anyone.

• Like Like x 8
  12. wreckgar39

wreckgar39 I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way.

News Credits:
    Fuck it, have some "reveals" to make this FFF worthwhile, maybe. They still screw over traditionalist SS.

Studio Series at some point, with the exception of maybe Cybertron Optimus, is getting the entire BB opening cast. Everybody else like Que, Hatchet, The Fallen etc have been pushed back probably till 2023. Dummy thicc Shockwave? Check. Sleep Paralysis Demon Arcee? Check. Ravage separate from Soundwave? You betcha, as a core class.

Yes, core class is finally coming to SS, probably around 2022 or 2023. No, there are no plans for Twins, Mohawk, Frenzy, Dispensor, etc that I am aware of. Pain. Agony. What's the point? Tiny versions of whoever the hell is new movie cast. Yep.

You might get only one first trilogy Bay figure in 2022 and that's DOTM Bee.

Swoop is still, somehow MIA, and might show up in Legacy at this point.

Deluxe TFP Arcee in Legacy, possibly in wave 1 with Stunticon Breakdown.

• Like Like x 70
  13. Beauman

Beauman Banned

So glad Hasbro used the Siege mold for SG Starscream. Extra happy because it's the first time I'll have bought that mold.
    Wreck-Gar looks great too. But one per case is a really bad and strange decision for a character people will want to army build.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Scubamatics25

Scubamatics25 Well-Known Member

Honestly I thought they would show more I’m a bit disappointed that they didn’t but hey at least I’ll pick up all three Gnaw, Wreckgar and Slag I’m hoping they’ll do all 5 dinobots but the way they made it sound looks like we might get three of them hopefully it’s Swoop but we’ll see

15. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wreck-Gar looks fantastic (then again, the guy always gets cool toys).

While I don’t think it’s terrible by any standard, I do agree that it’s another 'just a tad too off' facesculpt. It’s a pity since the rest of the toy looks spot-on. But I'll reserve judgement till I have it in hand (cause I love my Earthrise Megatron).

• Like Like x 3
  16. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They all look reasonably good. I'll get a few Gnaws (funny how they acknowledge never having a sngle-packed figure named "Sharkticon") and maybe pre-order Slag since Walmarts and Targets around here are very random in regards to which locations actually get leaders. One Walmart around here got several Grimlocks while other locations never seemed to have it.

+-MWG-+

17. Barricade34

Barricade34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro can legit pull a McFarlane toys route and as soon as figures leak they reveal a nice poster of them or confirm pre order dates like they did with the recent DC Multiverse figures, but Hasbro keeps wanting to wait and wait and keep teasing information then when time comes to show, they only show partial of what fans waited for. I’d say this and can’t believe I’ll say it, the leakers are friends to us, they provide where our curiosity or interest peaks and make a figures wait worthwhile whereas Hasbro says “boom here after 6 months you only get 3 figures oh and by the way to the live action fans that made studio series keep running longer, wait more as we pump out G1” granted it is the anniversary by the time the new wave will drop but seriously man, they couldn’t at least maybe…show one live action figure? They really pushed aside everything else in favor of G1 this year, sure BW gets love too finally but not to the extent we expected. Hasbro treats their fans like this then get pissed when leakers do their job for them and in a sense of irony, marketing positions suck in this case, leakers do it better and keep the hype up.

• Like Like x 8
  18. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro rn: “You know what? Fuck you. *UnBayverses your Studio Series*

Nah dude, it’s not your fault, you saw info, you passed it along even though you didn’t have to. It’s appreciated.

And they wonder why things leak. I get that things are on a schedule, but a FFF with only four figures? This is even worse than the last SS FFF, at least we got the Devy pack.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I don’t know. My HotLink was tight AF.

• Like Like x 2
  20. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I may have to get this simply because it's FINALLY a clean version of the Siege mold, free of Cosmic Rust.

• Like Like x 1