Fan first friday may 21st

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, May 17, 2021.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20210521-112854~2.png Screenshot_20210521-111926~2.png Screenshot_20210521-111739~2.png Screenshot_20210521-112234~2.png Screenshot_20210521-112027~2.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And we thank you for it. I know there are some who complain, but they're part of the problem. Your position in the fandom wouldn't exist if it wasn't for apologists and fans who want Senpai Hasbro to notice their "Please sir, may I have more?" attitude.

This was awful. I miss Rachel. I'm glad she had her baby and I hope they're both doing well, but my gosh I miss her. She's so much more alive than either of these two. Good grief, the script reading was abysmal. "Let's throw in how salty I am that they're doing MORE than my job for me. Screw you, leakers!" thrown in for added "flavor". It tasted like salty angry whiner to me.

Exactly. All of these teases and leaks and they address none of the good ones. Not even Artfire showed up and he's G1. It was like they were up at bat, had a home run set to go, and then decided to put the bat down and walk off the field.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Revealing the actual product before the leaks is the only solution. If marketing guy is pissed he can use that anger and channel it into something positive by getting ahead of the physical product leaks and reveal them before anyone else can.

I would do this in stages:
    • Easter egg hints in the backgrounds of videos, like instruction sheets showing renders, to get people speculating and talking
    • Images/video of the 1st unpainted final production test shots
    • Preview video for final production copy
    • Epilogue video afterwards showing what changed from the initial renders and prototypes to final production. This way it gives us information people will care more about and give designers a way to explain why things changed. Rather than wondering why something on a prototype or leaked copy was better and not knowing why.

• Like Like x 15
  4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Good stuff all around. I love the Gnaw we already have but I'll always take more Sharkticons in a variety of sizes. Wreck Gar looks perfect. Slug looks perfect. Hasui is just the best. Love his toy designs so much.

I was hoping to see Blaster, but not surprised they didn't show him. Thanks to Hasbro and whole team for continuing to share these with us.

5. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Huh. Pleased as I am with Slug, Gnaw and Wreck-Gar, it seems a bit unfair to Bayverse SS fans that they didn't get any reveals too - especially since we know what's coming. Also, no Artfire reveal?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my understanding, yes. Nothing has been changed or added to the movie itself or the extras.

7. UnethicalVoxel

UnethicalVoxel The Red Right Hand

News Credits:
    "hmm yes, I do not enjoy a widely-liked piece of media.... time to insult people for liking it and wishing it was represented more! That way, my life will have purpose!"
    Seriously, stop with this bullshit. It's fine to not like the bay movies, but gloating about it is just mean and helps no one.

• Like Like x 16
  8. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

i feel bad for people expecting bayverse, with them being a part of the same wave it's weird that the nonss86 stuff isn't being revealed since i would imagine they'd have a similar preorder window

• Like Like x 3
  9. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the figures they showed look awesome and I'm going to buy them all. But.... a fan fest for 4 figures? When we KNOW they have tons of stuff ready they could be showing us? Come on.

• Like Like x 5
  10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Seriously.

I mean, I'm well aware of the reasons, but when Hasbro can plaster the word "Transforming" over other toys, just not Transformers, I just can't accept "we don't want to genericize the Trademark" as a reason.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Not nearly enough til we have Sunstorm and Bitstream!

• Like Like x 9
  12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really all of these, I'll pick up Sharkticon for sure and Starscream, well and Slug. The Sharkticon looks Amazing, I was never a fan, but I am now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    you dont need to have sometihing in hand to make a reveal. just post a fucking jpeg.

• Like Like x 17
  14. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I just wonder if the issue is that they dont have final designs of those figures yet.

16. TransformingRobot

TransformingRobot Banned

It was the marketing dude. He was completely tone deaf to everything.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Sad part is, except for Starscream I've already preordered them through Amazon so nothing cool. In fact, if it wasn't for denebian's Pharma idea, I probably would have back slid on SG SS. It fits well as a doctor, but not really as a Decepticon seeker.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So, in for Wreck-Gar and SG Starscream... he's going to be the first SG figure I buy so I'm going to have to repurpose him as someone else. Not sure who though. No interest in troop building Sharkticons and I've got Planet X versions of the Dinobots (though I will get Sludge when he's released because that will make him rightfully huge the way a Sauropod Transformer should be).

19. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro and whoever gets offended by the word Slag can slag off.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

So:

Slag is a must-buy. Done.

Gnaw looks tiny. He's bigger than his Legends counterpart of course, but I feel like he's going to be a shrimp in his box. Looks good, but I may not be getting more than one--and that depends how much I find him for. I also don't like his head showing in his mouth.

Wreck Gar looks good--excellent robot mode. I'm a touch disappointed with his bike mode--it doesn't feel as...solid?...as I think it could be. Also, while I get putting his head with the faux windshield under the real windshield makes sense, it looks off. But I'll be getting this guy, and likely any Junkion repaints that come along.

Shattered Glass has never been my thing, so Starscream is an easy pass. Plus, they used the crappy Siege version, so even as some kind of "extra Seeker" because I ignore SG, I have no interest.

Also, no other reveals? No Bay movie stuff? If they want to cut back on the leaks they were forced to mention, maybe reveal some of this stuff first. Guess we'll be going elsewhere for "sneak peaks" at Bay stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    I get why they have to do it but it just sounds so unnatural. "Let me CONVERT this Grimlock it's been a while since I've CONVERTED him I really love CONVERTING my Transformers and not that other word that starts with a T"

• Like Like x 1