2D Artwork: Fan Character Commission

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by gdpwatson, May 1, 2009.

1. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure whether to post this our not since it's a drawing of a fan character that I was commissioned to do.

This here is Hailstorm and is Ramjet's twin sister. An unusual concept I'll admit but when I read her bio I was very intrigued I must say. And it's not like the TF Universe isn't rife with siblings.

For my take on the character I opted to base her on the Classics version of Ramjet and in particular Robby Musso's version since that is easily one of teh coolest takes on the character I have ever seen.

I think that the head is a little off and there is always room for improvement but overall I am quite pleased with my first stab at drawing a seeker, even if it is a female one! lol!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Putting my nerd rage to one side as I have a real dislike for female seeker clones that are just regular seekers with hips and lips, I like this.

comparing this to your arcee pic I can see a lot of improvement in over all quality. If I had to crit anything it would be the hands but I know all too well how how hard they can be so I'm not going to give any one a hard time over them.

3. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Thanks Blitz. I really appreciate that.

I actually listened to what you had to say about the Arcee picture and opted for more realistic proportions for this one.

As for the hands, yeah, I'm still working on that! Maybe in time I'll work it out! lol

Thanks again.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    It would be neat to see this as a toy.

5. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

looks great