Fan Built Combiner Poll - Last Round of Voting

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by G1Optimal, Feb 26, 2015.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Why assume personality has anything to do with it? Would a random grunt count as a "leader" because he/she has the personality that fits? I think that position fits more here than mere personality.

I don't know, but I am more convinced of my position now because I find more reasons to accept it.

How do you know it does? How are you so sure that it's the personality that's more important than the position?

Y'know. Other than the category actually being called "personality".

2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    see? you get it......

3. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm not talking with you about this....you always get into disagreements with people and refuse to listen to other points. you refuse to accept what anyone
    has to say no matter how correct they are. you're stubborn about it to the point people literally need to hammer the point home with you or just give up out of frustration.

personality has everything to do with characterization....that's the point. you don't like the grimlock example? fine don't like it all you want just don't be ignorant to what an independent personality is just because you don't want to wrap your head around grimlock having one or not. you CAN be in charge of people and have an independent personality. you CAN also be part of a faction or group and have an independent personality. grimlock, idw impactor, sixknight, prime wheeljack, even wolverine are all examples of that trait.

plenty of people have figured out what an independent personality is and others are assuming it means factionless which is wrong. again, this isn't that hard to figure out.

4. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Because I'm so insecure? What do you want me to say, you're right? Fine.

I feel really stupid right now. T_T

Edit: What other time did I refuse to listen to someone's point? I don't want to be dishonest like that...

Edit 2: That really hurt my feelings.

Edit 3: Sorry. I have no idea what to say here. I'm really sorry.

5. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's not my intention....you're just annoying to argue or debate with. it's funny seeing you do it with other people it's just a nightmare to do it with you....you should be in politics.

i kinda hope you at least get what i mean about independent personality. i guess it can be confusing. i mean you can lead people but not have a leadership personality since a good leader can inspire people and some people in leadership positions can't do that they just order people around. it's really not the same thing.

no hard feelings or anything.

6. orangeitis

News Credits:
    No I shouldn't. I don't want to do that. I wish people would point out the stupid things I do so I can stop doing them. I don't want to do that. I don't like it when I do that. But I never realize it when I do it.

I don't want to be annoying to converse with at all. I want to discuss things while presenting my views when needed. I've been meaning to ask more questions instead of making claims or strawmanning false positions, whether I can back them up or not. Guess it still isn't going too well. =(
    Honestly, it didn't even click for me that it was the personality portion of the poll until I posted it up there... that was an edit-in. I felt very uncomfortable after that, and I wasn't sure what to do at that point. Sorry.

And that's enough of me derailing the thread. Back on topic I guess.

7. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Intent =/= what is said and the context in which it is said. It should be obvious that any characters introduced should to be interesting, but people only start demanding it when it's fembots.
    I'm also not taking offense at anything, I'm pointing out the contradiction of saying it isn't about gender and then making it about gender.

Agreed.

8. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    The people voting for a female combiner are probably going to love Paul Feig's new Ghostbusters.

9. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well the topic was about fembots...

as it's been pointed out there aren't a lot of fembots at the moment, or at all in comparison period, so i think it's a good thing we want any potential new ones to stand out and not be like windblade 2.0 or anything. also, there hasn't been much in the way of new characters female or male so no matter who it is they should be interesting regardless. no one's picking on females i just think we all want this new character to be something...

there's been a lot of talk recently about how stale and really unnecessary riptide's turned out and drift becomes dull when roberts isn't writing him. there's even been people critical over the DJD being one note characters so there's fan demand that anyone is interesting at this point.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How does a Loner combiner, a person comprised of 5 people, even work?

11. DC2k5

DC2k5 Well-Known Member

Independent Autobot? If it is a group of female bots maybe it will be a Caminus combiner. Independent the same way Wingblade is.

12. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

The limbs are drones would be an easy way to do that :D 

Atleast it wasn't a "Leader" combiner.

13. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Aw hexagonal nuts! Honestly I was hoping for loyalty. I feel like there are more than enough loose canons in the ranks of the autobots, I would've liked for some die hard stand up bots like Ironhide and Soundwave who are down for the cause to be added to the mix.

14. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I'm not sure how that's relevant, or what point you're trying to make. But yes, I do wish to see it - just not in the theaters since I don't really watch movies at the theater anymore.

The same way the dinobots do? They aren't combiners, but they're the epitome of an independent 5-person unit. Or you could say the Predacons. They strike me as being independent minded.

And Hard Rainbow ... that's really unnecessary.

15. cosmos_seeker

cosmos_seeker Explorer

Strong and independent female bot who won't be put down by the PRIMARCHY

16. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

17. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Honestly, and this goes against most of my friends, I hope it is female. It's kind of a sausage fest for the combiners so far...

18. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Nautica would be a new character for the toyline tho. Actually I'd love them to make a Nautica, as a Sub combiner limb, then once we have Nosecone from Technobots, we'd only need a small fire engine limb, then we can have repaints for a proper Galaxy Force / Cybertron Prime! Woop!

Am secretly hoping for Scourge/Nemesis repaint of Combiner Prime too. Just cos black, red and teal is schmexy!

19. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    Independent? They'll never get elected on that ticket :p 

But yeah kinda sounds like a nail to me

20. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

awwww... they didnt tell us the result that most people care about... personally i hope it's going to be female but my wallet hope its going to be male..