Fan-Built Combiner Name/Gender revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Apr 23, 2015.

1. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

hello... this poll is a fan services.. your biggest fear is the whole premise of this poll..

2. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Yeah it's ridiculous. Male gender bots have been in it since '84, female gender bots since '85.

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Compared to all of the male bots currently modeled after the "tough-guy" power fantasy?

Combiner Wars Prime literally has molded abs:
    [​IMG]

So you're afraid of "fan service" yet also are "fearful" of re-using molds and would prefer new "female molds" similar to Windblade or Arcee. That's a stance that's impossible to appease, not to mention it's even *worse* fan service to make sure all female bots have thin body-types and breasts.

Women, like men, can have all kinds of body-types. There's nothing saying Rook can't be re purposed as Strika. Likewise no reason why they couldn't convert Alpha Bravo to Airachnid or Breakaway into Arcee.

Agreed, I will never understand anybody protesting female bots. Because no matter how hard I try I can't come up with a Venn Diagram that would be able to merge their demo and a period in the franchise where there were not female characters.

Arcee, Black Arachnia, Airrazor, Elita-One, Airachnid, Strongarm, now Windblade....

4. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Because in 1984, when this Transformers show first premiered, it was filled with a bunch of robot dudes.

Transformers have been gendered since the beginning - they've just been mostly male. The idea that introducing female characters suddenly gives them gender when they were gendered since the beginning is so damn ridiculous.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    With a poll that was nowhere near indicative of actual results. "Hey, you can vote 50x in a row!" I know I personally only voted once because I don't have the oodles of free time it took to break the voting. If they wanted a result that was CLOSE to accurate it would be an IP regulated vote where you could only vote once. However, I have no doubt that anyone that wanted multiple votes could simply find other comps to vote for. I was once in a contest where my band was in a voting poll for a possible recording contract. One of the bands was getting a ridiculous number of votes so they put an IP regulated voting system instead. That same band gained exactly six votes a day until the voting closed. But at least it wasn't 470 votes in the time it took me to pour a glass of milk, which was the event that sparked the adjustment of the voting.

I also didn't have the type of device required to vote on this poll. So can you say this was "what the fans wanted"? Not at all.

6. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

It gets even sillier when they start trying to argue that male voices, male coded appearances and describing themselves as male using gendered pronouns is just shorthand for them being genderless.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No kidding.

Again, it's this warped idea that females are somehow an anomaly, that "male" is the universal standard and women are what makes them gendered is the same backwards logic Simon Furman used in Spotlight Arcee. It's nonsensical. It belittles both sides, too, that men are not actually men unless there's a women next to them. How does that make sense?

8. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    That's an easy question to answer.

Because WE (humans) created Transformers and we have genders. So Transformers having genders makes it more easy to relate to them.

9. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    You ever get the feeling you're on ignore?

10. H.E.X.-BRAVE

H.E.X.-BRAVE Well-Known Member

i just realized even before G1 fembots, you could have fembot combiners back in the day, with Gobots!! (well they are technically organic cyborg aliens instead of being pure mechanical lifeforms, screw it)
    ignoring each respective femme's opposing factions of Guardians & Renegades (because in Machine Robo, all bots' with vehicle altmodes are the good guys, the bad guys turn into monster bio mech ship-things a.k.a. Devil Invaders, so Crasher & Small foot are technically on the same side in Japan) if you mix all the fembots(borgs?) if you had the MR 600 series body that is compatible with using the combiner Powers Suits' respective limbs, from the Courageous or Grungy suits, there you have your G1 era fembot(borg?) combiner!!

11. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Yeah, and Gobots handled females better than TFs EVER has.

12. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Yep.

13. H.E.X.-BRAVE

H.E.X.-BRAVE Well-Known Member

makes you wonder what if Gobots managed to survive up to this day? if only Bandai & Tonka weren't ignoring each other & moved separate paths back in the day, now Hasbro's the one in charge of Gobots, but not the Machine Robo toys who are still Bandai property, with their recent releases being in the Gokin line, which based on the Revenge of Cronos anime design & mythos by the way instead of the Hanna Barbera cartoon.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah... quite often actually...

I still have no idea what Venixion meant by "She's got some cool Native American thing going on"

15. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Fixed it for you.

16. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ? Search for Alpha Trion aired in 1985. That's: Elita-1, Chromia, Moonracer, Firestar, Greenlight, and Lancer. Why would it be singular?

17. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Yep...with Gobots, females were just there from the start...they were a given, not a rarity or anomaly.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I think the point was less about how many there were and more about how few were given frequent focus beyond Arcee.

It's why I typically refer to her and Blackarachnia but leave out Airrazor and Airachnid. (Though I suppose you could argue Airachnid was practically an iteration of Blackarchnia)

Windblade looks to be gaining that same type of popularity, and hopefully Strongarm can get there too.

19. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Of course you can. It was a poll, the results also largely reflected what people was being supported here in the forums, where the two most popular suggestions were... Victorion, and Female.

As for possible vote-rigging, the people who seemed most mad about possible results were those against a female bot. If anyone was going to spend the effort to tilt things- which I kinda doubt happened in any quantity, you'd think it'd be the most vocal objectors, don't you think?

As it was a poll, certainly a lot of fans wanted this result.

It's certainly fairly silly to suggest that the 'real' desires of the fans are in contradiction to both the official poll and the informal "what people say they'll be voting for" of these forums. Toss the app poll on and go to the forum as a guide and the results would be.... exactly the same.

Just because it wasn't what you necessarily wanted, doesn't mean it didn't reflect fan preferences.

True, but one can argue whether it was really necessary to give Windblade literal fans, a sword made of a fan blade, and a name that refers to a fan part.

Truly, our fandom really loves fans ^^

(Though complaining about stuff like her being 'female' or 'a jet' is a fair bit sillier. I mean, did people think a fan-input design would go for less popular vehicle modes...?)

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sounds like a sweet deal. :lol 

I agree with all of this.