Fan-Built Combiner Name/Gender revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Roadblock1977

Roadblock1977 Well-Known Member

Victorion sounds cool, plus maybe Nautica will be a component of some sort. :)  That and femmed out forms are OK with me. :) 

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    You know, this kind of makes me think the Fan Built Combiner is going to be sold in a box set.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh... They're all repaints or remolds. We found that out during the voting phase.

Also, we voted on a color scheme, so that likely means they'll be unified in colors like the Constructicons and Technobots, so probably rules out existing characters.

4. NemesisAngel

NemesisAngel Well-Known Member

Money well saved :D :D :D 

5. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    doesn't surprise me, I hope it sells well because I guess that all the people who voted for female are going to buy her, right?

6. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    There, you see, I'm cool with your opinion. It's just such a pity that you have to have a long explanation, to cover your butt, or people will jump to conclusions, and call you names. I bet people will still be jumping and name calling, cause, well, it's the TFW2005 forums.

But I thank-you for your being happy that we're happy that this is quite an exciting week!

7. HARD RAINBOW

HARD RAINBOW Well-Known Member

Wish it was a female Decepticon team. You people make boring choices.

8. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    We need more deceptigirls.

There what, like, three-four?

Glad they didn't go with "slammoth" that names so cheesy.

9. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Yeah the one disappointing thing for me is that they are Autobot. Not a huge issue but it would have been cool to get more Decepticon fembots. Hell maybe they can retool/repaint Victorion into a Decepticon comber down the track.

10. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 Banned

I figured a female Autobot would be shoved down our throats. I hope all the voters buy her/them, and she sells millions.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    can't wait to see how they turn out!

12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I can see it as next years "Christmas" figure in a box.
    It's been so long since we've gotten a box set I'd buy just about anything like it now.

13. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Neat, I like the name and gender. Looking forward to see what they do with these. The steam punk idea sounds neat especially if they do a black, brown, and brass color scheme.

14. H.E.X.-BRAVE

H.E.X.-BRAVE Well-Known Member

i find it funny that some posts still saying Victorion is a feminine sounding name while ignoring historical facts & origins of it, also the fact the name was used before in Takara's other transforming robot line, The Brave series who is a male character,
    heck just go to youtube or something & type in "Brave Saga Victorion"

15. TerraDestroyer

TerraDestroyer "Sometimes crazy works."

News Credits:
    Your thoughts are measured and your sentiment is amicable, and that's appreciated. You're not down with Fembots - you see them as a fad - and have chosen to not buy them. That is perfectly reasonable and absolutely YOUR prerogative.
    But what needs to be addressed, not just in your response, of course, but in many of the anti-fembot posts, is the assertion that the Transformers are "genderless." The fact is that the majority of the Transformers are men. That is "MEN" with a capital Y chromosome. They have masculine names, use male pronouns, and are voiced by men.
    I recall trying to explain that once to my wife, who considers herself a massive Beast Wars fangirl. Upon saying that Transformers were supposed to not have real "genders," while playing Fall of Cybertron, she looked at the screen, looked back at me, and said "Are you nuts? They're men! All of them! It doesn't matter if they don't have genitalia - if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."

Basically, this wall that people try to hide behind, the notion that the inherent "genderlessness" of Transformers somehow makes them immune to adapting as a franchise to better serve its MASSIVE lady fanbase is tonedeaf at best, and coldly dismissive at worst.

If you don't want to buy them, don't buy them. Nothing wrong with that. But to those who are more aggressive in their stances (NOT MetalStorm, you're ok), don't try to pretend like something's being taken away from you when you have literally hundreds upon hundreds of male characters that have been released, are being released, and will continue to be released.

16. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

^All of this.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    citizenkaneclap.jpg

Yup, agreed. For those not interested in fembots (for whatever reason), these figures will not change anything about your hobby.

But it does change a whole lot for people who are interested in fembots. Whether that's female fans looking for more representation, female fans looking for a bigger hook to get into the franchise, fans of any gender who just happen to like them, etc.

Don't want to turn this into yet another political debate, but saying 'we don't need fembots, because Transformers are genderless'...well, I understand that sentiment, and I don't necessarily disagree...but it's really easy to say when 99% of your characters are quite obviously male-gendered and your fellow (female) fans are left scavenging for the couple of fembot crumbs that Hasbro scatters throughout the franchise. This discussion would've been very different had the Transformers actually been portrayed as genderless from the start, but the intention was always to have them be male, and female ones have appeared since the very first cartoon.

I'd like to make it clear that I will/would've bought the fan-built combiner even if it turned out to be male. My main concern is if it looks good. But as somebody who has voted for female, I'm incredibly happy with the end result.

Every time a Transformers product is released that has any form of interactivity and choice on faction, Autobots win by far. This was the case with the 2007 movie website, WFC/FOC and now the Transformers app.
    I was always under the impression that the Cons were loved as much as the Bots back in the day, but that's no longer the case in modern times. Not sure if this is normal or some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy: after all, Hasbro's releasing more and more Primes and Bumblebees in favor of the bad guys..and I'd like to argue that some of the modern series don't do the Decepticons any favors in their portrayals.

If Hasbro decides to do another Fan Built Bot in the future, I'd say it would make sense they lock the faction to Decepticon from the start, or we will get another Autobot.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  18. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

the Salvaged Mad Max deco would be pretty cool as well.
    Maybe a bit too Junkion-ish, but they can figure out how to do it.

19. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yay! This is certainly interesting news. I definitely wouldn't mind a all female combiner. Now the interesting question is which female characters and what molds will they use. Are they all new or will they be remolds.

And the females, who would they be. for now female autobots that we know of and already shown in the comic ?Arcee, Nautica, Chromia, Windblade. That's just 4 who else am i missing?

20. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'll be new characters.