Family sues Monster over girl's death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starscream600, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Family sues energy drink maker over girl's death - Baltimore Sun

WTF? It was her choice to drink it, how the hell is it "Unreasonably Dangerous"?

2. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

oh brother

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    when i read the title, i thought it was gonna be a little girl's death and they were suing an actual monster they thought was real. either way though, this is stupid

4. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    Pff I've had 3 Übermonster's in a day on numerous occasions and I'm fine.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

And Doctors have warned for years not to let Teens pound these energy drinks. For just this sort of reason.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Parent ought to be blaming themselves. They let her drink that crap.

But no, blame the drink itself. Absolve yourself of any responsibility.

I hope they go broke on lawyer's fees.

7. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

For curiosity's sake how old are you? When I was coming up caffeinated drinks were targeted only for adults with the exception of soda it wasn't and still isn't as strong as coffee from my understanding. I didn't start regularly drinking coffee until I was nearly in my 30's and working 12 hours a day with my day starting 2 hours before work. Starbucks, Monster, Noz, are all within too easy of a reach for young kids and I really think those energy drinks should be outlawed by those under 18 and latte's should be only be purchased by the parent for the child. I am anything but for frivolous laws but parents and young people have zero common sense at times and companies are only going to keep peddling this crap to kids b/c of zero accountability. Caffeine is a dangerous drug because it messes with your heart and vascular system plus without your daily intake you get to have a headache; I found that out first hand with those metabolife capsules back in the day. I don't even want to think what it does to a still developing body.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  8. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    SERIOUSLY?!

They even state, CLEARLY ON THE CAN FOR THAT MATTER, not to drink more than two in a 24 hour period!

It's fat people suing McDonald's all over again! :banghead: 

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, why not just put age purchasing limits on this thing.

A lot of people here are making comments, but how many actually have kids? If let's say your kid is hanging out in school and drinking these on a dare with friends.

I mean, the problem more is that your expecting the parents to talk to kids about every single one of these items. You have any clue how many of these there are out there.

Then let's get into the whole thing that these are marketed to teenagers, who shouldn't have these at all. So as a parent you can say, don't do it, but Teenagers think, it's a store energy drink, whats the big deal.

Usually, I am in the same boat as you guys, but considering drs. say this stuff is dangerous for kids and so on, they should be prohibited from being sold to kids or marketed to kids.

So sorry to say, there is a lawsuit here. Not everything is so cut and dry.

10. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Funny.

Jolt has been available for years and had just as much sugar and caffeine as this crap.

Never saw teens and kids dying from it.

Frivolous lawsuits are just that.

If your teen ate McDonalds 30 days in a row and died would u sue McDonalds?

She more than likely had pre existing conditions that caused it, much the same kids/teens have heart attacks playing basketball or the like and dying

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    She apparently did have pre-existing conditions, which were a contributing factor.

But suing the drink company? Why not sue 7-Eleven or the grocery store where the drinks were purchased? Why not the delivery driver?

This is a tragedy, but it ain't the fault of Monster Energy Drinks.

12. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i used to drink redbull a few years back but quit after a few months because i couldn't stand the taste.

i wonder how the girl got the drink?

13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    it's not like it's illegal for teens. i used to get Monsters once or twice a weekend before a game or practice but stopped cause i got addicted to gatorade

14. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

You know, it's not the drink company's fault that the poor girl died from drinking Monster. Sure, they produced the swill, but they didn't force her to drink it. It's not like Monsterlathotep, dark god of Monster energy drinks, came to her room late one night, shoved a funnel into her mouth, and poured in two cans worth of Monster.

Hopefully, this is just a greif-induced knee-jerk reaction that will end once the parents collect themselves. Otherwise, this little quest to avenge a dead child is going to get tossed out of the court quickly, and we'll probably have to deal with annoying protests.

15. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    this is why i don't drink energy drinks. the shit's terrible for you and to be honest i think it tastes awful.

16. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Walk to 7-11, hand clerk money.
    Most of them taste awful, though I have found one recently that is DELICIOUS! Monster Rehab Tea+Lemonade. It tastes almost as good as an Arnold Palmer Half&Half. Which is dangerous, cause it would be SO easy to drink can after can of this one (I never have more than 1 in a day)

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    In Iraq, we could get Wild Tiger and Boom Boom. Tasted like crap, but was about twice as potent as Monster. I knew guys that bought that stuff by the case....God help them.

18. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    That's my first thought. The child was a minor and the parents had the final say in what she consumed. They didn't pay attention so it's the company's fault now.

19. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a health freak either since I smoke but this is the reason why I don't touch this stuff. I don't drink much soda either.

20. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Sorry, but if she had a medical condition that should have prevented her from drinking it, it's her and her parents' fault. It'd be like a kid being allergic to peanuts and eating a PB&J, then suing Jif. Stupid.