Family Dollar Victory Saber

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shogi, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

Hi all, I don't know if everyone and their uncle knows about this or not yet (I did a search but couldn't find anything) But I was in Family Dollar today and saw they had two packs of KO's for $3 each. One box had both G2 Laser Cycles, another had two Ariealbots and the third one had Robot Masters Star Saber and Victory Leo! I picked that one up and found out that yes, it does combine to make Victory Saber. The only draw back is that because of it being a knock off, the handle for the sword broke when I tried to move it the way it was designed to move :)  Still it'll be a nice compainion piece to my real Victory Saber

EDIT: (Pics)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/Shogi88/Star%20Convoy/KOVictorySaber.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/Shogi88/Star%20Convoy/KOStarSaber.jpg

2. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

:useless 

3. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

I am at work and have no camera here, thought people might like the news.

The toys look like the robot masters versions same colors and such but there are two "X" stickers where the autobot stickers are on Star Saber's arms

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    By the sword breaking you mean when you put it in his hands and try to remove it, it broke? Thats a problem for the real one too but I guess KOs are MORE prone to these problems. You just dont push it in to much. Have him hold the bottom and there'll be no problems.

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    There is one across the street from work here. I'll have to sneak out and look

6. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

No, I had no problems in that department. I meant that where the handle swings from "sword" position to "nosecone" position, the pegs that allow this swinging movement broke. Basically they didn't swivel like they were designed to and broke off. Nothing a small cut safety pin insered in won't fix :) 

7. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Get pics up. I'm interested in seeing this thing.

8. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

I'll see what I can do once I get home but that won't be for another 4 hours

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Family Dollar (that just opened up a month ago -in a good neighborhood surprisingly!) down the street from my house has a bunch of these guys. By a "bunch" I mean, the 3 different 2-Packs you described above^ and in large quantity. I passed on them and instead bought the blue & orange repaint of Energon Strongarm. I had been debating this for quite some time on whether or not I should buy him. I never liked his original yellow color scheme, or the Botcon repaint, or his Target exclusive "Sector-7" repaint. I'm glad I purchased this guy now. He's gotta be my favorite Energon Scout (so far)!

From what I saw the day I went there (Thursday, the 21st), the paint applications on the bootleg Star Saber and Victory Leo weren't bad (surprisingly). Star Saber just needed a better coverage of blue paint around his lower-arms/wrist area (this appeared to be "sprayed on"). For a bootleg, I would not think they could combine into Victory Saber so I passed on them. But now I may reconsider...

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Nothing at the S#!thole one here, but that is to be expected.

11. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    They had them all by the FD by me. Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but it's not the aerialbots, but the cyberjet molds from G2.

12. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

No that hadn't been mentioned, to be honest I saw Victory Saber and only briefly looked at the others :)  Thanx for the update man!

After messing around with this thing, I've found it's fairly sturdy and can do all the transformations (Well except for any Brainmaster stuff :p ) Like Netkid said, the paint apps are pretty good for a KO and match the RM version almost exactly, the cannons sticking up from Star Saber's shoulders are red instead of black like the RM version (This is an improvement to me)

Anyone that does get this, I suggest dropping a dremmel into the hands a bit to widen the holes. If you put the sword handle all the way through the hand, it's a massive pain to get it out again (The pommel is slightly too big) It might be easier to just sand the handle a bit but all the gun handles and such have the same problem, so I figured changing the hand holes was better. The part I mentioned earlier that broke on the handle was easily fixed with part of a paper clip. Since I had to heat up the pin to melt through the handle, it has a nice snug fit and shouldn't fall out.

13. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Wait, these are two packs for $3 a pack? Wow, that could be awesome for fodder uses if they are ok quality, me needs to check my family dollars now hehehe(but that will have to wait til i'm sure i get my hands on the Joe 25th 5 pack)

14. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

Added pics to the first post

15. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Will attempt to get them since I'm too cheap to buy RM verison of it. :) 

16. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might have to buy one of these.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I always felt the RM Victory Saber was kind of a ripoff with his small size and high price... but for $3 this might be worth a curiosity buy.

Do the Cyberjets or Laser Cycles have different color schemes?

18. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i picked up RM victory saber for what i thought was $20. it ended up being incomplete >:-( got a partial refund, this might be pretty good if they're the same size. could probably borrow the parts.

19. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

What were the colors like on the cycles and jets?

20. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    They're different then normal releases. I can get a pic from the boxes if needed. No electronics in the cycles.