Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by iamste, May 29, 2018.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

lol I didn't even know about that one!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    But it's not an asset flip, guys! Despite the fact that people have dug in the game files and proven like half the files are tagged with Fallout 4 (and Skyrim) it's mostly new! Because it looks that way to me!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind that actually. Abandoned wasteland where I am the only survivor (Or very few survivors) to wander around, actually does sound kind of fun.

The problem is that Bethesda has ruined that by also making it an MMO. Which means it is no longer an abandoned empty wasteland to explore, but a wasteland filled with people. Which would be the exact same thing it was with the NPC's, so you might as well just have the NPC's in there.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well, and the other players...

I get that it's cool to jump aboard the online hate train, but between my experience with the actual game itself, and being a grownup who realizes it's just a video game, I can't find anything to get worked up about over FO76.

6. Autobot Burnout

Except 76 was billed as having just as good a single player as multiplayer. So, theoretically, you are legitimately the only remaining living, sane human in all of West Virginia if you dont run into anybody else.

7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, so now we're 'haydurs'? :peoples: 

Childish 'haydurs' at that! :lol 

Thank you, 10ยข has been deposited into your bank account. :wink: 

• Like Like x 2
  8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    A $60-80 video game depending on where you live.

Being cheated and lied to sucks no matter how old you are, and playing apologist for a company that's mistreating its player base this much is bordering on delusion. They are arrogant towards their customers, and continue to punish those who have stuck by them. The few people left who still play this game are being banned for finding things or doing things in the game Bethesda fucked up in making.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Split, we get it, you hate the game, you probably haven't played it, you hate anyone who likes the game and will argue with them, day in and day out, about how they are wrong for liking it. It is amazing how people can hate this game so much, can go on and on about how much the game sucks, yet don't play it. You don't like it, don't buy it! It is like: Fallout 76 is the Nickelback of video games. It is cool to hate the game? It is cool to troll all the people who like it? So much time spent stating how much you hate the game.

It was nowhere near the trainwreck that was No Man's Sky. Not like Destiny where you have to spend $30-40 to get to new stuff...what is the problem!?

I personally have enjoyed the hell out of this game. I just hit level 105 last night and finished getting all the trophies. I still intend to play a lot more of it!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dolza_Khyron

Well, to be fair, if you've played one Bethesda sandbox RPG, you've played them all. They are all the same game.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rodimus Prime

Maybe he enjoys laughing at crappy train wrecks where you can almost one-shot the raid boss due to a glitch involving bobble-heads?

• Like Like x 2
  12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I don't hate anyone who plays the game.

I'd have to disagree. While those, as well as anything "Battle" from EA, have also been personal favourite fuckups for me, Bethesda has gone above and beyond. You've got active disrespect towards players, doxing, illegal practices, deceptive marketing, selling previously free items in game for real money, and a whole host of things that just don't make sense. No Man's Sky was just a shit game that was built up and burned on release, and Destiny 2 was almost vindicating when all that crap about the game throttling level progression came out and people finally realized what I've been saying since Destiny 1 was true, but Fallout 76 just keeps on going.

You better believe I do. I love when companies just cock shit up so bad, and Bethesda's been providing nearly daily entertainment by just being so inept as company, it's surpassed the game itself. Everything related to this is just a dumpster fire and I couldn't take my eyes away if I wanted to. It's hilarious.

I've gotten more enjoyment out of pointing and laughing at this game than I'd ever get actually playing it, and I didn't pay a dime to do it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Damn, 105? I'm still at 38. Haven't been able to play as much as I'd like lately.

I'm at a spot where I'm not sure what to focus on next. I could bust ass to get to 40 so I can use the Power Armor I've got in my stash. Could finish up some side quests I've been ignoring. Could explore and gather crafting supplies. Or I could spend hours relocating my CAMP.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    On top of all this, in the code for the game they found they are planning Loot boxes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    is this the same "information" that came out several weeks ago, that was nothing more than a guess about what the code was for?

16. Rodimus Prime

If you had watched the video I posted, they found the "lunch boxes" in the developer room, and it has a random effect, from killing weak nearby monsters to a xp boost to you and nearby players. They are basically gachas

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dolza_Khyron

Wait, are you telling me they turned console commands, aka cheats, into DLC?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimus Prime

Yep.

19. Autobot Burnout

I can only guess at this point that 76 was an attempt to make a Fallout MMO as fast and cheap as possible to the point it's nothing more than a hastily ported Fallout 4 where the most effort was put into the map and little else in comparison. That's why no Npc characters - costs a hell of a lot less to just record voice work then map out animations for hundreds of assets that couldn't simply be copy-pasted from previous games on the same engine.

I mean, they legit had a Y2K bug! How do you program a counter with potentially infinite run time and not check something as basic as a rollover date?

Then again they are using a graphics engine so busted and old that the playerbase already know it far more intamately than Bethesda themselves. It's like trying to keep out thieves who are so intamately familiar with your house and have keys to all the locks.

But that's just a probable cause of only the technical issues. The behavior of Bethesda on every level has been entirely anti-consumer and just screams they are trying to milk the playerbase instead of making a quality product - lootboxes just weren't included because the Battlefront 2 disaster happened first and even Bethesda knew better than to include them at launch.

Fixing 76 alone, somehow, wont really fix the problems evident here - the real problem is Bethesda somehow having become more EA than EA themselves!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dolza_Khyron

I was going to say, that's the Killall command... LOL Except shittier.

Get to use it once, I bet. 999 atoms?