Fallout 4 announced - PC, XBONE, PS4 - shut up and take my bottlecaps

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bendimus Prime, Jun 2, 2015.

1. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So I just bought the PC version of Fallout 4 yesterday morning. Does Steam usually take FOREVER to download this game!? Seriously, it's been downloading the game since 1:30am this morning and as of right now...around 4:15 pm, it's just about to hit 60% downloaded.

Never downloaded a game from Steam before this.

2. combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr Lusus Naturae

Yup.I

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Heh, finally got the manufacturing dupe going, gonna star a new character and go to town.

4. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I'm not really interested in the mods on the PS4, but I would really love to hear the reasoning behind all of this.

6. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Could be Sony finally caved because of Bethesda's public-shaming. It's not 100% the same as XBox and PC, though, since you can't use external assets (which covers a lot of mods).

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But why were they even put in the situation to have to cave? Why would Sony openly give MS a one up over them? Maybe it's just Sony being Sony and trying to be to controlling, but that just doesn't make a lot of sense.

8. smkspy

Sony just has the hacker fear, even if they don't understand that not how mods work. Nevertheless, at least I will be able to ballistic weave any in game clothes and customize armor and weapons with what stats or prefix that I want. Better than nothing, I guess.

Can't wait to have a decked out marine wetsuit and recon armor.

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    So, I started a new playthrough last weekend. This one with the idea that I would be a melee weapon character. More specifically, outright Grognak. I've been wandering around in the Grognak costume, and Grognaks axe. I've actually been doin pretty good. Haven't used guns asside in the beginning when it forces you to shoot a radroach in Vault 111. I did also attain Atoms Justice, that sucker is a beast!

10. combaticonsfrvr

I've been working on several playthroughs, and I have a love/hate relationship with all the hidden stats in the background. I like how Bethesda doesn't straight up tell you certain effects taking a certain mod or perk may have, so that there's more to discover, but there's some things they really need to show you. Like the AP cost of using a weapon, for example. I assume a lot of those who have posted in this thread have already noticed at some point, but depending on what mods you put on a weapon, its AP cost per shot in VATS can change dramatically. For example, putting a scope on a weapon increases the AP cost significantly, while putting a Reflex sight on decreases the cost. Heck, putting a light receive on a 10mm brings the AP cost per shot from 21 to 14 if you change nothing else. But the only reason i know that is because someone spent a good chunk of their life testing out each combination of mods on that pistol. While similar rules (scopes, automatic firing, and larger magazines increase cost, reflex sights, fast firing semi-auto receivers, quick eject magazines, and certain stocks and grips reduce cost) apply to most weapons, they aren't universal, which can leave you spending a lot of crafting materials and time getting a weapon as perfect as it can be.

11. smkspy

True, but a rifleman build basically ends up with 4-5 shots in vats. Add in perks like grim reapers spirit and you pretty much have unlimited vats. Vats cost really isn't something to fret over imo.

Enjoy mods that being said...limited as they are.

love rocking my minutemen general's outfit with all armor pieces, each with BW, radiation shielding, and legendary effect of my choice is awesome. Hell, i can now roam the glowing sea without needing power armor, and Finally getting rid of the army fatigues was a breath of fresh air.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Holy crap...I looted some sort of legendary knife that when upgraded does 205 damage, fast speed, with the legend stat at 10% to do 100 electric damage.

13. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  14. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After days of play, it's time to progress my story. I can't decide who I want to side with. Torn between the intitute and railroad. I've pretty much written off the brotherhood as Maxson is an utter deebag

15. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    None of them are better then the other,
    not really.

16. combaticonsfrvr

Side with the Minutemen.

Then Railroad.

Then Institute.

That's the order from least to most d-baggy out of the options you have left.

17. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I plan to continue with the brotherhood to liberty reprimed but after that I think not. And I didn't know the minutemen were considered a faction that I could side with as main story goes.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I have the PC version of the game. My computer has trouble running the game at 1080p, even at the lowest settings; Is there a way to play run this game at 1440p on pc? i seem to be able to play games better that way, with my experience from Dragon's Dogma.

I don't see this as an option in the options. or is there a different letterbox format i could try that is in the options?

thank you.

19. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Old post i know, but it would seem that the factions are not as good as New Vegas.

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Never played NV. My problem with the factions though is really a part of the game. Their all alike, and thats the pount. "War, war never changes" is the whoke theme of the game, and as much as love games with moraly grey areas, when all of your choices are no better then the other then it's all really the same. Everyone of them is a bad guy in some way, whether it be their methods or just their scope of the world. Sure the Minutemen aren't bad, but they aren't going to get shit done like the Brotherhood or Institute. There is no win, and thats the point, and thats why I don't like it.

I mena the game is amazing and it delivers it's message in a great way, but until it's $20 with all the DLC I'm fine with not owning it again. Unless this rumored "Ultimate Edition" is lower priced, I'll be waiting for a while though.