Fallen Movie Poster New Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by starscreamjason, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because we all know Transformers don't exist.

2. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    So has anyone noticed that the fallens face looks like a Decepticon Symbol

3. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This movie sucks all ready. Not flaming.

4. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

So much for hoping Megs to return as Galvatron... Unless they treat the Fallen as somewhat of a Unicron, giving him the ability to revive fallen Cybertronian soldiers - both Autobot and Decepticon - to serve him and him alone.

5. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    like others have said, looks like the decepticon insignia and a pharaoh head...

6. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

In Egyptian mythology, there is a story about a God of destruction and violence who liked to drink bucketfuls of blood every night, and so one day, the good guys mixed beer into his blood (for drinking) and it put him to sleep.

Maybe the Egyptians mixed beer into The Fallen's energon/oil?
    lol probably not, but food for thought.

7. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Not a bad concept at all.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can see that working really well in the movie. Using Egyptian mythology for stuff like this is getting a bit overused, imo, but oh well. The movie should still at least be enjoyable to watch.

9. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

When the Egyptians mummified their rulers, they would remove the heart and vital organs and put them into canopic jars. I can imagine that the Egyptians might have found a way to remove the Fallen's spark and locked it away. I'd love to see a canopic jar with a spark in it, the Autobots would accidentally break it open and then The Fallen's spark would fly back to his body and he'd be alive again. That would be a cool sequence, and it would show how "sparks" work for the first time on film.

The Egyptians actually believed that people had sparks, so to speak, that would return to their bodies periodically after death.
    The Egyptian soul came in two basic parts. There was the Ka (life force) and the Ba (personality).
    Perhaps the writers will use this idea to explain why all the AllSpark mutations in Transformers were evil. The AllSpark gave them life (Ka) but not a soul (Ba).

10. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

And that could go back to the leaked but rejected script that had the Matrix which gave the Cybertronians sentience.

11. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

My thoughts exactly.

Sadly, I agree. That's why I really wish, above all else, that they do NOT connect The Fallen to Anubis. I have seen people do this, due to the shape of the face. Anubis is over-exposed as it is, and despite the common misconception, he has nothing to do with evil.

I think that IF they connect The Fallen to a real god, the best fit for The Fallen would be the Set, who was the god of the desert, chaos, and evil. Historically, Set was once worshiped as the chief god of Egypt, but then there was a sort of civil war where Set was demonized (denounced and imprisoned) and made into the villain of Egyptian mythology.

IMO he looks quite a bit like The Fallen in the poster.
    This is Set:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  12. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

So I'm just gonna summarize this theory:

There seems to be strong relation to Egyptian mythology based on the poster we've seen. It's the Fallen's face surrounding with horizontal lines, like a pharaoh's tomb.

We know of a particular Cybertronian buried underground, possibly within a pyramid. Based on the above point it's highly likely to be the Fallen.

The guy who revealed the poster also stated that the Egyptians worshiped or perhaps even enslaved the Fallen, or both? They worshiped him to the point he was virtually a slave to their bidding, like a king forced to serve the people. Perhaps the Fallen eventually ran out of energy, and succumbed to stasis lock.

We've also seen a picture of a room and a cylinder in the middle, containing a blue glowing artifact. Could it be a spark? The Fallen's spark? The Egyptians would mummify their rulers which means they would remove the heart and other vital organs and put them into jars. Could they have found a way to remove the Fallen's spark in seal it in some container?

The Egyptians actually believed that the soul or in this case, the spark, would return to the body periodically after death. The Egyptian believed that the soul came in two basic parts. There was the Ka (life force) and the Ba (personality). The writers could use this idea to explain why all the AllSpark mutations in Transformers were feral, as the AllSpark gave them life (Ka) but not a soul (Ba).

And that leads us back to the old leaked treatment where Optimus has the Matrix in him, and the Matrix grants sentience or soul.

So either the Decepticons, lead by Starscream, deliberately want to unleash him to destroy the Autobots and mankind, as he certainly has something against both of them, using the Constructicons to dig him up and resurrect him with his spark. The Allspark fragment probably has some part to play in this. Initial attempts to stop the Decepticons by the Autobots are met with colossal obstacle named Devastator, and eventually they need to face the greater threat of the Fallen.

The Decepticons move to safety, and the Autobots and their human allies unite to face the menace. The Fallen is defeated in the end, but the protagonists suffer great losses and the movie ends with a gloomy note of the Decepticons ready to pounce.

13. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

In the same way that Transformers had a moral, "No sacrifice, no victory," I think that the moral of Revenge of The Fallen will be "work together against a common threat"

With all the combiners that we are dealing with, particularly the Constructicons, and possibly Arcee and "the twins," robots on each side will have to "work together" despite their personal differences to defeat the other faction (the "common threat").

But in their zeal to kill each other, the Tranformers will (probably accidentally) awaken The Fallen from his tomb. Then all of the Transformers, both Autobot and Decepticon, will have to work together against an even bigger common threat.

I mean, what's worse than a giant killer robot mummy from outer space that is constantly on fire?

Folks have been throwing around an idea that the Autobots will have to resurrect Megatron for the battle, or something like that. Plus, Optimus and Jetfire will probably combine. With Optimus being the leader of the heroic Autobots and Jetfire being (arguably) one of the scariest looking of the Decepticons, their combination in order to fight The Fallen will represent the "work together" ethic.

I think the film will have a happy-ish ending, without cliff-hangers, because the filmmakers said that they wanted Transformers 2 to stand as its own movie.

14. Alienbot

News Credits:
    The above three posts were great guys! I love Anubis but he does look like Set, who was not specifically any animal, so the two often get confused. I just forgot who was god of evil and who was god of the underworld.

15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Nice theories, but this is a Michael Bay movie, I doubt there will be any deep story line and explantion of anything

remember the allspark in the first movie?

16. Alienbot

News Credits:
    You mean Bay had to explain what Autobots, Decepticons and the AllSpark do rather than elaborate where they come from? This is what this film is for.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
  18. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

Dude,seriously can it with that,have you seen Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen? Nope. You make it sound like Bay wrote the script for the movie. Just because he directed it,it doesn't mean he wrote the script for it. That's why Orci,Kurtzman,and Ehren are involved in making the movie by writing the script all the way to the end.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i hope he's Ra-sorta makes some sense, ya know? firey god, firey robot. makes sense. plus, its a :bay  movie-fire is required.

20. bonafide1498

bonafide1498 Cavatron shall reign!

Ebay:
    since Jetfire has been on Earth for a while maybe he is like a guardian making sure that the fallen isn't awakened.