Fall of Cybertron's Customization could be better

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Star Streaker, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

To hear that I'd be able to create my own Transformer instead of being some recolor.. you don't know the awesome feeling. I already secured my G1 PC Preorder by a friend, so I'd be the one who's running around as Nemesis Prime/Scourge

This is my opinion on playing the PS3 Demo at a friend's house, for all I know, it could be Demo only.

Anyway, there were two main things that kinda took the awesome feeling and toned it down the bit.

1) You can't chose your own colors, but you can however chose collorswaps. Kinda sucks as all the Autobot color swaps are a bit.. meh. However if you're a G2 fan, you might like them. I really wanted to choose my own primary and secondary, like in WfC

2) Your parts only change your Robot look. To be honest, I'm very surprised here. What I thought they would do is use the Chest as a base for the vehicle form, and each arm/leg/shoulder part you chose, would change the base a bit to match up with the robot form. I can see why they didn't though, as someone could have a car based Transformer with no wheels at all, but still, I was kinda let down by the fact. Only the wheels/wings/canon and chest that effect the vehicle mode. Arms, legs, and shoulders do not change anything other then Robot looks.

If they get around to doing those two points, one of the best Transformers games to date, could be even better.

I didn't say it was bad, in fact I loved it. I just wished it was better. Because even though two Transformers may look different, they'd end up with the same exact Alt mode, save the colors.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    There are more colours to choose from in the main game, but yes, I think you should be able to select separate primary and secondary colours.

You're vehicle is slightly changed by your robot mode in regards to which wheels, wings or barrel you choose.

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I expected arms and legs to change vehicular characteristics as well, but I'm not too disappointed. If anything, I'm amazed they can make the transformations so damn smooth with all these parts turning into one specific vehicle.

4. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To have the arms/legs make a difference to the vehicle mode is asking too much.
    I think they did amazingly considering what is possible with the engine and technology.

5. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

Yeah, but then again look at those 10 Wheeled bots. Where do the rest of the wheels go?

It's not asking that much if you know exactly where the arms/legs/shoulders are in the vehicle form. Granted they did superb, but this is the Unreal Engine we're talking about. It was made to be pushed to its limits and then some.

6. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bet they would of been up to that challenge but think of the amount of time and manpower that would take.

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Also, consider the fact you can make cars or trucks with 6-wheeled robot modes and 4-wheeled alt modes. Where would the extra wheels go?

8. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

I finished complaining about half a month ago. I know what we're getting. I'm good.