Fall of Cybertron video of Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sideswipe80, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. Not a fan of the new look. It looks like this should have been the first model, and the WFC model an evolution from this. Looks like a few steps backward to me, but I wont go so far as to "epic fail" it..

I understand, it just seems the WFC one should have evolved FROM this one..

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I liked the original WFC design better. This one isn't bad, necessarily, but now he looks like a Pat Lee marshmallow bot. Too large and bulky, in my opinion. As mentioned, the legs look a bit large, but those upper arms are huge. It's an OK design, but I loved the look he had in the WFC game......and I even thought that one was a bit bulky in the chest area.

In the end though, I'll game with either of 'em and enjoy it. It's just a skin, really. And I agree with you above......the WFC version should have "upgraded" from the FoC Prime. FoC Prime just doesn't seem to have the detailing and that bulky look is just a bit much.

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    like the first one more but the new one not bad looking. he looks more tfp.

4. henderson2k11

henderson2k11 Well-Known Member

:'( the video won't load for me

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I LOVE the look in the concept art, but something about the final CGI model makes it look..... off. Like it's TOO blocky, especially the head and legs. I hope they make him a bit more angular to match better with the art.

Now show us Megatron's new look! He was one of the lamest looking designs from the first game (Soundwave was my favorite design).

6. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Still cool.

7. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

Ugh, what did they do to Optimus?! He was already bulky enough in the first design.....

This redesign imo looks terrible. So many broad flat boring surfaces, any proportions or land marks resembling a human or super hero silhouette are gone and the ultra basic design anchors that help readability are completely skewed by all these swollen, boring, flat shapes. I understand it is scifi and it's a game but some form of function should be considered...how does this guy move? There is so much going on, it's..it's just to hard to read or believe that he can move.

Vehicle mode has so little contrast in depth. The cab and truck bed are nearly the same height and the wheels are nearly flush with the exterior chasy. He is basically a floating rectangle.

The first design was great and only needed some slight stream lining. I really hope they have more work to do on this guy. The concept seems to have those said land marks the model is missing with a tapered upper torso, cleary defined waist, head and shoulders.

Either way, A toy of this design can be totally awesome! Voyager this time please? :) 

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I loved the concept art of his redesign that they showed, both of his bot mode and alt mode. But then his actual game render looked...disappointing.

9. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    I like how the design leans more towards his War Within look. I like it a lot. One was Orion Pax, the other is truly an Optimus Prime.

..... please tell me your just trolling right?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Love the concept art, HATE the game render.

Also his back spazzing out is annoying

11. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

I hate the new Optimus. But i should'nt talk cuz when i first saw the WFC Optimus i hated him but now WFC Optimus grew on me and im really sad they changed that design.. But at least guns will not be on 100% of the time and Game is looking great !

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Like some others here, I like the WFC design a little more than the new one (so far, at least). But I do like the idea of giving him a slight redesign for each new game. If the characters have the ability to remodel themselves, they should evolve. It's not his first look, and we know for a fact the character is going to change looks at least one more time before the present day era, so I don't see any reason to be angry about anything. If you like it, it's cool; if you don't like it, it's temporary.

The tall shoulders remind me a little of Ultra Magnus for whatever reason and the new vehicle mode reminds me a little of War Within. And one plus is that I won't have to be disappointed when the toy doesn't have painted wheel rims.

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I'm just not a fan High Moon's design aesthetic. That Prime looks simultaneously over-done and half-baked. At least the vehicle is a little more interesting than in the last game.

I'm somewhat surprised if this series is now supposed to (more or less) be the backstory for TF:p rime that they didn't move more in that direction with the overall aesthetic (not that I'm a huge fan, but more from a branding and identity aspect).

14. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    We had better get a toy of this!

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    LMAO! I was wondering how long until someone caught that. :lol 

Also remember guys...this really is pretty much an Alpha build. From the concept drawing...Prime seems to have a bit more parts on him (shoulder plates and such). This is also was basically used to show what they enhancements they have done graphic-wise, i.e. the mirror chrome, which looks fantastic. I'm sure there they will be tweaking things as they go along.

16. Vinjax01

Vinjax01 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys! Toys!

17. Welshjuvefan

Welshjuvefan New Member

Ebay:
    not sure on that :s

not sure on this, i loved the old design, but it will probably grow on it usually takes a while for me to like different designs,but it is nice to see they have new fun ideas :) 

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I really hope, the seekers got a bit tweaked too. Only in reverse to make them less bulky.

19. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Totally agree with this, they need to look way less dumpy.

20. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Fist with Wheels:)  I'll be ramming a couple of Cons. And look to those scenes of a war ravaged Cybertron. Awesome.