Fall of Cybertron day 1 DLC: Multiplayer Havoc pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tarngold, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Xx SUNSTORM xX

Xx SUNSTORM xX Member

Really this should be no more than 400 msp IMO.

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew someone would bring up this. No he's not Ryu it was just an example picked at random to point out that you have a playable character walled off from multiplayer not due to balance but simply to get more money out of the customer.

I dont really know much about SF games but I'm sure that when you do get a boss you cant play as its not just a case of single player only when the others are all fine.

So let me change that. its like playing as a B lister like say that Panda from tekken in single player but you then findout to play as him in multiplayer you had to buy an online key...

infact its just as scummy as the whole MVC3 crap only its worse since you actually play as one of those locked characters in the single player as if you prove to you your paying for a 108k key

thats what the WFC dlc fell to after months at it being 800ms.

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't usually add fuel to fires but I really want that UM skin so we should pressure the studio to discount it like the Force Unleashed II Endor DLC. And also, why does he have a 'con symbol?

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Screw that noise.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    There's a difference between a pre-order bonus that you get free and dropping an extra 10 dollars for what's essentially another content unlock for an extra 5 models the day the game comes out.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No kidding. This is just nonsense. Those models exist in the game, have existed for ages, and they expect use to pay extra for them?

7. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Day 1 DLC sucks, but it will continue as long as people pay for it.

8. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

At least its not skylanders, where you only get one character for $10.

9. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Don't need it. The Sideswipe parts and the dinosaur parts are already included.

10. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what Activision "F" you and your day one DLC. Refuse to buy. Ill go get my money back and wait until the game is on sale for $10.00 instead. Hell I held out this long. A-holes. I hope devs start resisting the power companies from goblling them up. Stand against this madness.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Whatever happened to unlocking things in games for the amount of effort you put in AND NOT the amount of cash you shelled out?

**** video games of this day and age. **** them all with a rusty spiked ****.

12. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lame. $10 for 5 skins? That's some blatant cash grabbing shit there. All arguments about on-disk content aside, that's still dirty pool, old man.

13. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Preach on brother. :D 

Just one of the MANY signs of GREED in this fucked up world.

I wait to buy games for two reasons:

1. To get the GotY edition which has all of the DLC content on the disc unlocked. Titles like GTA IV, Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil 5 Gold, and many more have done this. I REFUSE to pay for ANY DLC!

2. For the price to get somewhere under 30 bucks. Today's games are too short in my opinion, and are NOT worth 60+ dollars. I am patient and have a backlog of games already, so usually whenever I finish one game...another title that was 60 dollars is now 20. :) 

14. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could go for a Deluxe Class FoC Wheeljack...

15. PA_Kid

PA_Kid Well-Known Member

Here is where I struggle - would everyone be so up in arms if they did what they did last time where they spread the 5 characters across 5 different retailer pre-orders and then made everyone spend the $10 months later?

So what's worse?
    1) 5 on disc pre-order "DLC" characters where you can basically only get access to 1 of 5 for 1-2 months, and then pay $9.99 for the rest after most people have stopped playing the game (and a secondary market where codes go for $60 before the DLC is release)

or

2) Take the 5 characters that would have been retailer pre-order incentives, skip giving different stores different unique characters (and stop the $60 secondary market) and just give them to the players right away for the $9.99

I'll be honest, I don't buy into the utter entitlement argument that anything the programers code and put on the disc is entitled to me. I'm not saying that we should accept any garbage that any company wants to shovel us, but I also think it's a bit naieve to lump together all $60 games like Skyrim, Demon's Soul, Street Fighter X, and Cabella's Dangerous Hunts. It's not like every single game has the exact same starting budget yet we are willing to buy some by small developers right along side with those that spend millions making the next CoD.

Ultimately, vote with your wallet. If you find value in it or feel it's worth supporting the publisher or dev (personally I like High Moon even if I hate Activision) - then buy it. If you don't, then dont. But lets not act like spoiled brats and assume every single developer doing this is evil when none of us know if a seperate budget got aproved to create the DLC (even if at the same time as the game) and the only reason it got approved was because it had associated revenue.

16. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    lol @ Perceptor being taller than Ultra Magnus

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Man I need to get some Xbox points.

18. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Amen. Day 1 DLC is disgusting. I love supporting companies who make games I enjoy, but DLC needs to be ADDITIONAL content, not a price hike on the existing game. Boo Activision, and High Moon Studios. This is NOT being a good steward of the Transformers brand.

19. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Game Over and the game hasnt even started!!! Smh
    Hasbro & High moon can kiss my a**! I aint buying no dang DLC... I hate that and besides here in the U.S we get all the sorry a** DLC.

20. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Please. Atari games used to take 15 minutes to solve for $20 a title. Games are one of the cheapest forms of entertainment available, and we get FAR more today for the price than we received in years past.

With that said, DLC sucks, especially the way they chose to do it on this game. :(