Fall 2016 TV season. What new shows have you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Sep 23, 2016.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    what new shows have you tried this season and what do you think so far?

Speechless - new comedy about family with cerebal palsy kid who can't talk. It was not that great. I will pass. How it got rave reviews from critics i don't know.

Lethal Weapon - actually decent. Not must see yet, but a movie to tv show that does a good job. Will keep watching.

Designated Survivor - lowest rung cabinet member becomes president after terrorist attack wipes out president and congress. Really good so far. Will watch series.

MacGyver - not good at all. Most of the way through and i'm done. Will pass. Had hopes.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Designated Survivor... so far, the only one so far that I've watched all the way thru. Tried a couple of the others you mentioned, with the same results.

3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    The only new show I've watched so far is...

This is Us. I am DEFINITELY going to watch more of this show. Its hard to describe, you have to watch it from the beginning to understand it and by trying I'm afraid I could ruin the plot twist at the end of the first episode. I'd highly recommend this show to everyone. The end of the pilot blew my mind and had me in tears too.

4. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh, I watched MacGyver. Big Mistake. I'm pretty much done with network TV. Despite being over their demographic, I'm only tuning into the CW shows. Everything else is horrible.

I will be checking out that new time travel show, Timeless. And I'll watch that new HG Well vs Jack the Ripper remake whenever it airs. But those are the only two shows I'm even giving a chance to.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    @Starscream 91 ... I saw an interview today with one of the actors discussing this series, he (Sterling K. Brown) gave a few spoilers so people could understand what the show was about, after that I thought I might check it On Demand this weekend.

Trying to watch The Exorcist now... I like Lucifer better :D 

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speechless
    This is Us
    Designated Survivor

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I meant to check out Designated Survivor, but my Satellite was out for the last two days. I was interested in Powerless, but it got pushed to January. Other than The CW, I avoid network TV nowadays. They have all the good DC shows, Supernatural, and The 100. Containment wasn't that good, but I appreciated the fact that they tried something like that. They don't really have any new shows this year though that I plan on watching. The only other network shows I watch are The Blacklist and Agents of SHIELD.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Only caught MacGyver so far. There were a few ideas I was okay with but that first episode was so weak. Not sure if the show could come back from such a rough start and right now it feels like nothing would be lost if the show only makes it a few episodes.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Watched Lethal Weapon today on Hulu. Have to say I enjoyed it a lot as a fan of the films. Definitely feels like they got Riggs and Murtah's characters and relationships right. I'll continue watching.

Exorcist just got put up on Hulu so I'm going to watch that later. Will also be checking out SyFy's VanHelsing since they put the episode up on Fios VOD once it starts.

Can't think of anything else new that I plan to look at right now. Everything else I'm watching are shows that have been renewed.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Good Place - the sitcom where Kristen Bell plays an asshole who accidentally got sent to heaven - is freaking brilliant. I cannot recommend that enough.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    None. I've got so many new seasons to watch I don't have time for new shows. Plus, I'm always weary on new shows because I don't want to get invested to just have it canceled. I expect Lethal Weapon to get canceled by episode 10. I don't even care for The Exorcist as a movie, so there is no way in hell I'm going to bother with a TV show. Horror movies don't work as full length TV shows as Scream and Scream Queens have proven.

Wait, no, I did actually catch most of that new Keifer Sutherland show and it seemed kind of interesting, but again, I'll wait to see if it survies its first season.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just finished watching the first episode of Exorcist. Interesting stuff with a very very slow dragging premier, but a very surprising twist at the end. I'll give it a couple more episodes before I decide on it yet.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I only saw Speechless so far. It's a pretty alright show so far.

I have Designated Survivor and MacGyver taped, maybe i'll watch them tonight.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Son of Zorn - probably would have helped if they showed the first episode instead of starting with the second one.

Edit: guess it started last week instead.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've had Son of Zorn on for 5 minutes now and I already hate it. It's not even remotely funny and the kid sounds like a cheap knock off of Micheal Sera.

16. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Lethal Weapon and Exorcist is both pretty enjoyable. I also love American Gothic..

17. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

MacGyver - watched the first episode, and it was pretty terrible. I'm not sure this concept really works in this modern age. Probably won't be watching too much more of this.

Lethal Weapon - Much better than I expected. Actually thought the guy playing Riggs did a great job, and really sold some of the more emotional moments.

The Good Place - Saw the pilot and thought it was pretty entertaining, but the follow-up episodes have not been as good.

Son of Zorn - Actually enjoying this quite a bit, so far.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I agree, a great start for a show that I think hit hard with people in the 30's.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I caught the last 45 minutes of MacGyver last night, and I had to stop everything I was doing to marvel at how insanely terrible it was. I just sat there in awe of it - I could not believe how shockingly awful it was. The actors, that actING, the dialogue, the FX, the weird text labeling of shit.... I'm still dumbfounded, haha. If this stays on the air for even another 2-3 weeks, I'll be floored.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I've watched King of Queens can Wait.
    I've watched Jack Bauer goes limp vs. the evil General.
    And I've watched Team Hackguyver.

Anyone wanna know what I think of these stellar new shows?

However, the one that shows any signs of life is 'This is us.' Can they maintain the momentum of the initial gimmick?