Exercise your right to vote!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Predakign2000, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

If there is already a thread about this, forgive me and mods please close this one. I searched but didn't find one.

Today is election day. Please go vote!!! Countless Americans have given their lives so that we may have this right. I'm not pushing either candidate and please don't use this thread as a place to argue about either President Obama or Governor Romney. Today we get to take part in one of the things that makes this country such a great place. Go to the polls and let your voice be heard.

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voted. They had big scantron cards! Haven't seen scantron since high school.

I think there has been a different method of voting every time I've voted. Seems nowadays, it would all be standardized.

3. Predakign2000

One standard system nation wide would be very helpful. Standard ballot format would be great for voter education.

4. MCRex

MCRex Well-Known Member

Yeah I put up one for Pedro but apparently someone didn't like it.

5. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Pk:

Thanks for the reminder! Also, let me add that we shouldn't forget, with all the excitement about the presidential election, that there are other elections on the ballot, that you might not be so familiar with. Here's a good place to go for information, before you head to the polls:

Project Vote Smart - The Voter's Self Defense System

(This site doesn't push any particular candidates, either, so it shouldn't be breaking any rules.)

6. Predakign2000

Thanks AP!

You are so very correct. I live in Alabama and we had 11 amendments to our state constitution on the ballot. Also, everyone if voting for their Congressional Representative and most people have local and state elections to vote on too. There are a lot of issues that will directly effect you on the ballot. Get informed and let your voice be heard.

7. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Voted. I hope all the people affected by Hurricane Sandy are able to actually get to polling places.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

This thread is like the Titanic, it's destined to sink to unfathomable depths. We have a no politics rule for a reason.

9. Predakign2000

I would hope people could be civil and respect each other. I know I have very strong opinions about the election, however, I have even stronger feelings that it is our responsibility to be informed about the issues and make our own choices in regard to the election.

One thing that is wrong with this country today is that people demonize each other when they disagree. We can disagree without being disagreeable towards each other.

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I voted for the first time today since I was 18. I had always been overseas, and absentee ballots are worthless. I know the electoral college system is flawed too, but at least I can proudly say who I chose for the best for our country.

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    read the rules

12. smkspy

Oh I agree with you, just that this is an internet forum, and this can't help but get out of hand. It's guaranteed no matter the intentions of the original post. That's just the internet, and why we've had a strict no politics (and yes, that includes the subject of voting even if it's not about any specific candidate) for over a decade.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

please sombody this thread

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i voted today. won't say who because if i say who, it won't come true.

kinda like wishing on a shooting star.

15. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reminding people to vote really doesn't strike me as political discussion, so I think those whinging about this thread in this thread (or as I like to call them, spammers) should suck it.

Go vote! Exercise your right to influence your home country! A surprising amount of possible change depends on which candidate wins.
    Do you guys know what time the winner will be announced? I've tried finding out on the BBC, but they're, as always, a bit useless.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    First polls should start to close around midnight your time. When you get up in the morning I imagine the results should effectively be in.

Everybody, VOTE. Remember how important your participation is at the federal, state, and municipal levels.

17. smkspy

You're doing it wrong,

[​IMG]

And it isn't whining, it's predicting the future.

18. Predakign2000

Thanks MB

I was only trying to encourage fellow board members to participate and be informed.

19. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I done did voted.

I still am waiting for an election in my lifetime where I actually want a candidate to win, not picking the lesser of two evils :D  Would be a nice change.

If I run for president one day I will start my grassroots campaign on TFW

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks man, it'll make for some interesting reading over breakfast that's for sure! Though I'm usually awake til 3am....maybe I'll just stay off the internet and save myself from spoilers :p 

Ah, my comment wasn't so much indicative of your post as others. I can appreciate the nay-sayness of your post, but it saddens me that the few should spoil it for the many as always. We're doing good so far, honestly I'm of the opinion that those that kick off should just get banned.

Also, I don't get the reference :p  My tv viewing is limited to about three programs; How I met your mother, Big bang theory and Family Guy.

No worries pal :)  I'm by no means an authority of any kind, but it really makes me mad when the actions of a few can ruin it for the rest of us. It's of the utmost importance that anyone of voting age takes the time to do so; it's a big responsibility that has a very serious impact on a lot of lives, especially with international relationships so intertwined.

Me too buddy, me too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.