Exactly how does distribution work on the Netflix toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LoneDragon, Jul 13, 2020.

1. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

I understand some Walmarts got a full endcap display. Mine did not even though it did get the 35th display.

Transformers do not normally go fast and the only thing left was a Chromia and a 35th Optimus or two.

First time there was just a single Decepticon Mirage. Second time there were 2, 2 and 1 of Chromia, Hound and Sideswipe...don't remember which there was one of. Today all that was gone and there was a single Hotlink. About a week in between visits

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stores typically got one case of each size. Then Magnus sets came everywhere. Then most stores got the cardboard displays. Magnus went on clearance. Then once the cardboard started selling out stores got more voyagers. Just this week a new shipment of deluxes came in.

So the same as any other line: ebb and flow. All the size classes don't come in together (exception:big cardboard displays)

And if you're seeing remnants of cases (just a chromia, or 2 hounds and 2 sidesipes but no mirage) it means you missed the others. They didn't just get in the Hounds.

Also Hotlink is a voyager so of course he'll come in separate from the deluxes. Though if there really was just one Hotlink most likely it was a return as hotlink should move faster than Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LoneDragon

They must not be putting the whole case out at once then. It seems highly unlikely (given how often I check) that the first entire case went except one Mirage, then another case came in and only Mirage and Not-Reflector disappear before I checked...or 2 cases if there's only one of each per case.
    How many of each Voyager per case?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Inciteful

Inciteful Hides in the Shadows

News Credits:
    From what I’ve seen there are 8 deluxes per case (2x Sideswipe, 2x Hound, 2x Mirage, 1x Chromia, and 1x Scrapface) and 2 Voyagers per case (1x Megatron and 1x Hotlink).

• Like Like x 1
  5. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is entirely possible. Human beings do the stocking. They may just randomly pull 1-2 at a time and put them out.

Its also possible someone hid/stashed a mirage and not-reflector and they were later found and put in the right place

6. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I'm tall enough to reach the storage shelves up high. Some figures may hang out there. Found a Scrapface there once before that was out of plain sight...amongst a sea of Chromia and Hound figures.

7. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I actually am the department manager for toys at Walmart. And it’s pretty simple. All depends on toy sales, cases are all pulled by which sells fast, our Netflix cases are pulled from the sales on the normal Er Deluxes, so since we sold out all we Deluxes we gain a case of new ones or we have the option to order the pallet for the cap display of Netflix series figures. since we sold all of ours we decided to order the pallet, and the pallet sold in a month. But we will not order another Bc it’s a limit of one per store. if a Walmart has shelf-warmers of a certain figure then it’s most likely that they will hold of on the pallet or new crates of figures until the last ones are sold or until a month has passed. Once the month is passed they are then put in rollback, after another month of no sale, clearance. automatically the new toys are ordered after the old toys are gone but you must put in factors like truck times, Hasbro mandates, etc. also all stores are different with toy policies but similar. Most should follow ours. Netflix cases are usually in bulk on the big pallet and I have rarely had any in singles. Only 2 shipments because we gained shelf-warmers, but are selling slowly. We have yet to gain any new ER leader class figures because the stupid shockwaves are still not sold but they are going to clearance next week so hopefully we can get some where I am. It’s the same for all other figure types, and toys in general. We sold a ton of g1 soundwave reissues for 20$ because no one bought them. We misjudged the amount we ordered and we should have bought less. Anyways hope this helps.

Very correct

The sale of rate of the toys and how good they sell for whether on clearance, rollback, etc, all varies if a store gains a cap, or the display of figures., shelf-warmers are a big factor for new figures coming

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That was such a cool intro.
    I didn't even know there was a G1 Shockwave reissue.

9. blastoff2334

News Credits:
    No I mean the earth rise/ siege one, and thanks lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. LoneDragon

I don't think they clearance...there were 5 Chromias pegwarming for almost a year.

11. blastoff2334

News Credits:
    Also I mean soundwave reissues

Everyone is diffrent, I do things like I said. The department manager controls what is on clearance and what’s not

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1