Ever thrown a Transformer in the trash?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by alfred p. sloan, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    You've never had one of those figures have you?
    There are so many different ways this could go.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Just this pile of junk...Happy Birthday to the Trash!!!

20170306_220605.jpg

...Actually, Vulcan is one of the best fire truck transformer I've messed with in many many years.

Can't say that I've thrown out any acutal Transformers. I think I still have all of my old junker G1 toys, even G1 Sludge with the broken leg. I did throw out an old KO car that transformed into lion voltron. It cost me a whole dollar. The good part was the sword it came with was a great size to go with the Walmart MP Starscream when it came out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

Nope.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Minimus from CW Ultra Magnus. Fuck that thing. I pretty much put it where it belonged.

Other than that, not really. I kept the handful of Junkers I have to either part out or to give as freebies when I do trades or sales. I keep my toys in good condition and I always try to make sure they're not in harms way when they're displayed.

5. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Stiff joints + brittle plastic = oh no

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

Back when my wife and I weren't married yet we had a big stupid argument over which something I don't even remember what we fought over (I had a losing argument ~ I usually do) and in a fit of rage I launched my Armada Unicron from my apartment balcony (we lived 8 floors up) to the landscaped rock garden below (off limits to pedestrians and it was a 1 am rant). When I calmed down, I went downstairs to survey the carnage. The head busted off (as per G1 movie canon hahah) and the rings/wings snapped off. It largely survived the fall but was hella scratched up. I didn't want to spend any time looking at it all banged up and broken on the shelf so I recycled it...

A month later, I ordered the Takara version of Unicron from HLJ and much time later I obtained the TRU version and Takara TF2010 limited version of Unicron with updated head and colors so I'm all okay with my Unicrons...

I don't think I'll ever disrespect a TF ever again...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

I've never discarded a complete figure, however I've binned handles of broken robot components before.

I swapped the GPS prone parts on a Beast Wars Grimlock before, replacing those bits with the Fox Kids Dinobot's analogs. Grimmy's original golden coloured parts hit the trash like diseased body parts. I did keep the other parts from the Fox Kids Dinobot, however. Same goes for my original Transmetal Megatron. Salvaged the non-easily-breakable-bits for potential custom fodder, but ditched the rest.

In other cases I'll have broken robot parts that I keep simply because I have nothing better to replace them with on a specific figure. My BW Scorponok's Cyber Bee is a prime example, given how bleedin' expensive those are to find. :c

8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Following proto

Nope, I have a big ol' rubbermaid dedicated to broken/unwanted Transformers to be there for stuff like parts-swapping and if I ever get the urge to share it with customizers. It's been building since I was five or six, and parts from that bin have come in handy more than once.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DesertDog

DesertDog is a Limited Edition redeco.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Nope, I keep all Junkers for spare parts. In fact my mom, who is awesome, rescued a Costco Battle Ops Bumblebee that her landlord threw in the trash because neither he nor his 6 year old son could transform it. She gave him to me and I bought the little guy a Bot-Shots set to compensate. He's my Movie Masterpiece Bumblebee stand in.

If I were going to throw any Transformers related object away, my copy of Transformers Retribution would hit the bin before any figure. That book is too broken to salvage. :( 

10. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

That's a bummer.

11. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

There has been mostly replies of "no way" towards the idea of throwing any Transformer away.

I often agree with those posts, yet I stand by pitching 6 inch Titanium Megatron. No one really deserves such a dreadful toy experience like that.

12. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

I never threw out any out of spite. But around the time Botcon had that awesome G1 retool of Energon Scorponok, I found a regular Energon version at a local con and snapped it up. Unfortunately, it crumbled into pieces when I tried to transform it. It went straight into the trash after that. Which is too bad, since G1 Scorponok is a character I like a lot because of the Marvel comics, and if we get another toy of him soon, it will probably be a scale way larger than what I want.

I do have some Star Wars ones that are in pretty bad condition from when I was pretty young and did not know how to take care of my stuff that I should probably throw out, but I haven't bothered trying to find them.

13. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

Never thrown one out, but you know in the 2007 movie how Megatron was frozen in ice? Well when i was 5 i wanted to do that scene myself, so i took Megatron, placed him in a cup, filled it up with water and put it in the freeze. I did that with multiple figures xD

• Like Like x 1
  14. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Just figures that are beyond repair and wouldn't even be able to give away in a junker lot.

Most recently, tossed an Energon Demolishor (dump truck) because both his clear plastic arms broke at the elbows. The most heartbreaking one trashing my TM Megatron that had sucuumbed to GPS years before.

15. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    hell no

16. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While there have been figures I've wanted to throw away, I definitely wouldn't waste them like that. If my local collectables shop won't take them, then I just put them in the birthday/prize box in my classroom.
    Seriously, just donate the figure to Goodwill or something. Throwing out a "perfectly good" (as in "not broken") figure is just wasteful. Some of the kids at my school just love having a Transformer, even if it's missing its legs and half the other pieces. Kids'll play with anything.

• Like Like x 1
  17. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only tossed a knock off Superion I got from Tuesday morning a few years ago_O nly was 6 bucks but it was garbage.

18. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I've only thrown away 2 bots in my 30+ years of collecting. MP Prowl (KO) after accidently fusing a hip joint, and Armada Scorpinok after his damn gray "double pins" snapped on me for the 3rd time.

19. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I threw transformers Prime arachnid right in the trash. What a total piece of shit

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tossed my AOE Dinobots the other day.

• Like Like x 1