Ever split up your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ratchets Hatch, May 23, 2014.

1. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just finished college and I'm moving to another city to start my first full-time job. I'm taking a good chunk of my collection to my new apartment, which is about an hour away. But I'm also leaving some TFs at my parents' place.

Has anyone else done something like this? How did you decide what to take and what to leave behind?

2. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of the stuff that smelled like smoke stayed at my parents' house to oxidize and corrode tragically in their basement. All of the stuff that I had managed to preserve from their nicotine, I brought with me.

3. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I took my newest toys with me, which at the time was classics, bw10th and a few of my favorite cybertron figs. took me almost 6 years to get it all back under 1 roof

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup. For many years, my G1 collection remained behind while the rest of my collection came with me into married life. Unavailable means to pursue completion as well as storage reasons all factored into this decision for many years.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Never

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

All my Masterpieces, G1s and mostly anything that has diecast are in storage.

I was contemplating on doing this for years and I know I'm happier this way.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, when I went off to University I wasn't into TF's, my last from my childhood was Action Master Grimlock...whatever year that was. So they all stayed together at home while I went away and tried to get into girls pants, didn't bring any with me. During the 3 years of Uni my money was going toward materials and stationary for my course, so no new toys or anything back then.

Then Uni finished and I got my first job in 2000... coincidentally being introduced to IGN where I spotted the review for Super Fire Convoy... uh oh. Where it all reignited, but I was back home again so it's like my original collection started growing again.

8. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Yup. Last year when I moved over to the UK I had to choose what few things to bring with me.

Because at the point it was uncertain how long I'd stay, I just brought my favourites that weren't a paid to move; TRU Rodimus [stayed in my backpack the whole way], MP Red Alert, Alternity Bumblebee and a macross VF19 were all sent via mail.

Now that my move has more or less become permanent for the foreseeable future, next time I'm back I'll ship the rest of my MP figures. Space might be an issue with displaying but hey, I'll just buy a bookcase :lol 

9. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

For about 3 years, my early TF customs, most movie figures, and most of my CHUG collection stayed in storage about 2.5 hours away from me. (forced to use storage near old apartment when quickly moved) My MP's, G1, and G2 figures stayed with me.

Fortunately, I've finally moved into a new place with everything now in the same location.

10. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Nope, when I went off to college all my TF's stayed at home. Any fig I did happen to pick up whatever few there were always ended up back with the collection whenever I went home for a holiday. The only exception probably would be a Lego Battle Droid I for some reason took with me.

11. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Your cadaverous palor betrays an aura of forboding

Mine has been split up for years.
    My main collection room is at my parents' house, but when my wife and I got a house there was no room to bring them along. So most stayed at my parents' place and I keep newer lines at my house.

They only live 5 minutes away, but now with 2 kids it's almost impossible to get over there and clean up the collection room. I've being trying for months, and just now getting finished.

12. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when I moved from 1 apartment to a house and then to another apartment a year later.. my collection was split up.. I couldn't move all the boxes in one go, so I had to make more than one trip.. lol

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I have some stuff at work, most of my collection is at home.