Ever ripped open a store pallet/case to get what you wanted?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dormamu, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I remember I asked an employee at Target to help me find the Magnus/Skywarp set when it first came out. He brought out a rolling cart with toy boxes and help me look through it until we found one. He was real chill aobut it. Another time at Walmart I was looking for Stealth BB and I kept going twice a week for a month looking through what they were stocking until I got it. Lucky for me the guy was cool with it too.

2. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I think one of the funniest things that has happened to me is I saw some animated I wanted stacked on the top shelf. It was barely out of reach and saw a store use ladder down the aisle, no employee around. Drageed it over, grabbed my animated and dragged it back. Usually though if the transformer section is a mess when I shopping, I'll try to clean it up. The funny part though is I work at a walmart in the oil change area. If they tell me I have to work in toys, the very first thing I do is fix the transformer area. And while I'm there I constantly keep it clean.

3. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I'm ever there when the boxes are out then I will read all of the boxes on the floor to see if there's anything I want in them, but I've never seen something I was looking for in one of those boxes. Should I find something sometime in the future in such a place I would not hesitate to open the box to get what I wanted.

4. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    1 wal-mart puts out 5-8 pallet out every thurs.
    Found shockwave/skywarp that way.
    In the old days, taking tf's from the box was standard.
    My TRU would drop boxes of toy everywhere when a truck arrived.
    We saved them work because we'd empty the bxs for them.

5. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I work in the grocery business, and if those employees care about their place of work, they wouldn't care. After all it is a sale that otherwise would have been lost. Every missed sale takes out of the profit of the store, and if you have profit sharing, hurts you in the long run too.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I haven't no. At Wal-Mart infact it's not allowed for customers or the regular associates to even open the cases, only the overnight restocking staff can do that. At TRU however there was one instance where a case of Star Wars was already opened by the stock guy. And I grabbed a 501st trooper out of it.

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Dude, you're my hero, seriously. I'm shocked you haven't requested a move to toys, or is being in the pits pay more?

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I buy mostly online now, but last time I pallet dove was Masterpiece Starscream. I grabbed a box of three off the pallet, tucked it like a pigskin, and made for the self-checkout. I opened it there, rang them up and carried the whole thing to the car!

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Yes I have. Got classics Ramjet that way and many many others.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I worked at a Wal-Mart many years ago and can tell you working in toys is not nearly as nice as you'd think. It's not like you can sit and play with TFs all day. It's the hardest department to keep clean.

As much as I love Transformers, I'd much rather change oil...

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My local TRU leaves a lot of boxes out sometimes, if it's a transformers box for something I want, i'll wait around for 5 minutes to seeif anyone comes to put it on shelves, if not, then It's key time. Got the Soundwave reissue doing that.

12. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Pits pay more, so no transfer. Its not as easy as you think with the parents letting their kids run free. Actually right now they want to put me there since the new manager is an idiot and doesn't like my hours. I'm gonna try to refuse but if they do I'm gonna reset the transformers myself and possibly make more room for them.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

All the time....I've even had the balls to enter stock rooms of some stores looking for un-opened box's.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yep, but since I no longer work retail, or am up as late, it happens less often.

15. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    i used to rip open and dig through mcfarlane NHL cases all the time for variants when i collected them when they first came out (wave 1 and 2)

havent done that for ages though