Ever realize how many new molds the Prime line has?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Nov 12, 2012.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm out of the loop, but 30 doesn't seem huge to me. TM2's back in the day had like 17, then A/E/C really jumped the releases per line (including repaints) and the movies had scads of new releases. I'd actually say comparing it to classics is a bad way of doing it since "CHUG" has been relatively neglected...a few new molds every few years that don't all truly have the same style but have the loose thread of "updated old stuff"

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree... also keep in mind that if you include FE figures, you are accounting for figures generally set to release from around October-November of last year until now; that's a year or more. With the movie lines, we would get a jam-packed summer with at least 5 waves, followed by a sub-line that fall/winter. So while the numbers may not be too much less, having them stretched over such a long period of time makes things worse.

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Comparing movie lines is not really fair. They are not going to do during the movie years. I would love to see how many new molds we see in a movie year though.

Maybe it's just me, but 32 new MOLDS, not repaints, or semi remold, but new MOLDS is pretty hefty number for now a days.

4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Yeah, but it's not nowadays, it's in a span of one and a half years.

The first movie had about 22-24 deluxes [might be wrong on unique moulds or not], 5-7 voyagers and 3 leaders, with each mould repainted at least once over the span of nearly two years.

5. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    If you don't count the over sea's Imports, the list that I have shows 28 New Molds, with 8 being repaints. So that's 28.5% right now with a Mold being reused as a repaint for a current figure, or a new figure being made from the Mold.

This is probably why we are getting the "Beast Hunters" toys, since most of them will be reusing the Mold (just adding spikes). Makes sense that Hasbro would pull this stunt, since they are trying to recoup their money on all those Molds.

I'm guessing it right now. This "Beast Hunters" line will sell poorly. It will make the sales numbers from the previous "Prime" line seem fantastic in comparison. Hasbro won't care though, since they only have to wait another year or so until they can push their crap Movie toys.