Ever had one of those years medical wise?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MST3KFan, Oct 9, 2011.

1. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Man...

Ever had one of those years where things just feel like they're against you constantly?

Since February of this year it feels like one thing after another with me and illness and stuff. I've been to doctor offices at least 3 times this year and have a blood test (for cholestrol and stuff) tomorrow. I've been in the emergency room once (and hopefully not again for a very, very, VERY long time). Had to go back to the dentist after a check up for a cavity... Just one thing after another. Anyone else had something like this occur before to them? I'm even getting over one thing I have had issues with for the past few weeks and now it seems something else is bugging me. Blargh!

I honestly hope things will get better before the year ends and 2012 is a great year here. I'm sure my insurance hopes so too... >_>

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    In 2009, my doctor overdosed me on antibiotics, causing me to develop IBS and having severe intestinal problems. Then, the following January, I got a very serious concussion, that I just got over in May of 2011. I know how you feel, man. Just keep trudging through it and it'll improve.

3. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    I've been having one of those years since 2005. Suffering from a back disc that nolonger functions and after surgery is only half there. Finally lost my job in january of this year because of it and have been struggling ever since without insurance all while waiting on the clunky ssd/ssi system to make a decision bof disability. My perfect credit is now shit, I can nolonger customize, buy tfs or generally do the things I love because i'm broke. Applied for disability before losing my job to try and avoid losing my job and credit and they said I made too much money.... apparently you have to be completely destitute and forethought means nothing.

4. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I think since 05 i've been sick. But it's mainly been colds and respiratory infections

5. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The clinic I go to seems to hate my family and I since they delayed my mom's appointment, I waited three months for an appointment which got shorted to 20 minutes, and my mom's doctor didn't show up and she wasn't even notified. By the way, it's Kaiser Permanente. It's just a load of crap!

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Medically this has been the worst year of my life. I've always been healthy so this was a total shock to me and my system. Changing my way of life was just torture and as soon as it started getting better something externally is making me sick, something I can't get rid of because my parents won't dish out the cash to help me, and even if I sold all of my TFs wouldn't be able to pay for the treatment. So it's just kind of waiting and seeing what happens while the stress of waiting kills me. Hopefully people will start hiring someday and I can afford to save myself.

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Yep. Spent the entirety of 2006 anemic and visiting the VA hospital monthly because of having a nurse practitioner as my primary provider (the VA hospital didn't hire an actual doctor for the female vets) who couldn't admit she didn't know what the hell was going on, and overrode the ultrasound technician's assessment. When I was FINALLY sent across the state to a REAL women's doctor first thing the REAL doctor asks 'Why didn't we see you 7 months ago?' (when the ultrasound was done). Grrrr. Problem was taken care of in a weekend, but the recovery period took most of 2007.

Still paying health-wise somewhat, but now that I'm on the other side if the state having to fight an incompetent nurse practitioner to get care won't be a problem anymore.

--Moony

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Ugh. It seems as though the past year and this year have been nothing but trouble for my legs. First I had to go through surgery to fix my ankle, now I have to go through surgery again to get my feet corrected. :( 

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you thought of taking after Lex Luthor, or really any other supervillian to get what you need?

That's probably what I'd do, at least when it comes to humouring myself.

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has been like this for the past three years for me. I've had six surgeries in three years. Constant trips to the ER because of complications and an early cancer diagnosis this year. Earlier this year (August 19) I had surgery then had to be hospitalized for an entire week because of complications. Now I have all the radiation and medication crap and of course EVERYTHING is a fight with the insurance company.

So...ya...tell me about it

11. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

I'd have to go with every year since 2005. That was the year I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. It hasn't gone into remission since.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I was born with severe hearing loss and chronic migraines. My first 10 years of life were all "one of those years medical wise."

Luckily my hearing has improved dramatically since I was a kid and my migraines have gone down in frequency significantly.

13. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I had a bone marrow transplant when I was 12 on 2001 to combat bone marrow failure due to Fanconi's Anemia. I had a blood transfusion almost monthly since I was 6. After the BM Transplant (which went super successful and I'm the first normalized and full survivor of a BM Transplant for my condition), I dealt with side effects and crap up until 2006. Had massive lung surgery on 2004 which made me miss school, I was constantly missing school throughout high school, and life was pretty much before and after my transplant.

Luckily, I'm a genius, and I have an overwhelming support system. Every time I fall down, I get picked up easily and with quick speed.

Good times. Until I met my now ex, and that was more painful than any procedure I ever had combined.

THAT is something I constantly whine and bitch about. Everything else, life, death...is nothing compared to a broken heart. (it literally broke, created a leak in one of my ventricles).

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    For the past couple of years now, I've been having umm.......bowel problems. Anyways, it gradually started getting worse this year to the point where I've been feeling like a total slug for over a week now. Went to the doc a few days ago, he tested me for bronchitis and ran a well-overdue EKG and said I was fine. Said it's all mental issues since I have severe anxiety problems and I'm a complete hypochondriac. I've been asking my parents to schedule another appointment and my mom keeps telling me it's "all in my head". I really do think I have an ulcer or something worse. So every time my mom tells me it's all in my head, I feel like just telling her that it's not my fault then if I die in my sleep from internal blood-loss due to a bleeding ulcer.

Oh and to make matters worse *If you're easily grossed-out, quit reading* I've had two occasions of black/tarry stool. After reading on the internet, that is not good.

15. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

I can definitely relate to the bowel problems. Not fun. I also cannot count the number of black, tarry stools I have had and I'm still alive. Don't believe everything you hear on the internet about medical issues. There are a load of uneducated people out there freaking people out.

16. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Nope, never been sick my entire life. Despite my heart-defect! :) 

17. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Well, May '10 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and had to go thru chemotherapy n various trips to hospital to sort that out.. Was also neutrapenic while that was going on too!! Oh joy....

18. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

That really sucks.

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Well....pretty hard not to worry when you have mental issues like I do. :crazy: 

Sorry to hear about that. My dad went through the same thing several years ago. But you know what really helped him out during his treatment? Pot. The DOCTOR even told him that pot is scientifically/medically proven to help people out during cancer treatment. But this is the last time I'm gonna open my mouth about pot because although I advocate it getting legalized, I'm not sure about TFW's stance on the plant.

20. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    This year I've dealt with depression that bordered on suicidal, an undiagnosed kidney stone that almost caused me to lose my kidney, and now my doc's worried that the retina in my right eye may be detaching.