ever feal weird...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dino52, Oct 3, 2011.

1. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna lie. I'm an introverted fellow and I don't physically know anyone else who collects toys. So I try to be really private when I get in a big buying spree. Quite frankly none of my relatives collect anything and only one of my friends collects movies and comics.

My main problem is I how much I spend. I find people are okay with me collecting toys even if they don't understand why but they'd think I'm crazy if they knew how much some of my figures cost and how much I've bought at a time.

2. Probono

Probono Hakuna Matata

I recently started up collecting again and I have to say, its getting alot more expensive real fast and I only have half the stuff I want. And to answer your question, I definetly feel fine when I purchase a toy online (no one there ofc!) but in stores, there is a sense of shame, probably too strong a word, when I browse the toy aisles. I always wait until that section is cleared before I proceed through my crazy rumpaging, lol, kinda sad really, but what you gonna do?

3. AMG

AMG Old School

I've never felt ashamed of my hobby.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Eh, I'm alright being a dork. People don't really give me crap, mostly because I don't make too big a deal out of it. Yeah, if someone asks me about my hobbies, there's a certain air of awkwardness when I mention that I'm a toy collector, but I'm an awkward person anyways, so it all balances. I'm far from a confident person, but I don't take personal offense to people questioning the small collection of plastic toys which I've supposedly stapled my life to.
    Besides, chicks totally dig it.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I've stopped buying toys for a time because I was broke.

I've stopped buying Marvel and DC figures because I just didn't care for the source material anymore. (Also the above reason plays into that.)

I've stopped buying Gundams because I just didn't have the time to build and paint them. (Again, the year I lived on $20/week plays a part.)

I've stopped buying toys because there was nothing I wanted, at the time.

I've never stopped buying toys because someone said I was too old, or because I could not accept myself. Never.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I never feal wierd. I occasionally feel wierd, but never about my hobbies.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I might not have a great story like Snake Eyes, but I guess this sums it up too. Like, I've had times where certain hobbies have taken a back seat, but never because I felt weird about em or anything. Other things just took precedence, is all.

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Ain't that the case. I've got a Slicer custom sitting on the back burner next to a Dark Elf army, hell, make that seven armies I have to paint, and I can't marshall up the energy solely because of my motivation being destroyed over the lack of finding that one bot. Sad, but I don't feel wierd about it. Just realize that getting RTS Legends Prime will take a weight off my shoulders.

9. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

actually in seventh grade I invited my "cool" friends from my bball team over. I was kinda scared they would see my tfs. Then one of them pulled out leader class optimus prime, and tried to transform it and failed. They all said how cool they were, and alot of them actually collected them! Then we went down and watched tf2. So, you never know who likes tfs!

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Used to care, don't anymore.

As long my bills are paid, food's on my table, clothing's on my back and I'm a functional member of society, who gives a shit?

They can all piss off. At least I can turn these around for a profit if need be. What do most of these whiny people spend their money on? Alcohol and/or drugs and those are both incredibly wasteful.

At most, we might be socially awkward, but it's not a dangerous escape or detriment. Drunks and druggies blow their brains out or wear their bodies to hell and back. And put others at risk. If we have to give these toys up, we can. Addicts go through withdrawal, might even die.

Or they blow their money by nickel and dime-ing it to death.

Not to mention, this is a hobby we can share with our children. Most of the people complaining are unhappy and bitter in their own lives.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I've never felt really geeky about the toy collecting. I did stop at the start of Energon, but only because I thought the show was utter crap (and I was the target market at the time!) and I didn't get back into TF's until the movie came around. And even then I didn't really get back into collecting (not like I had a ton of TF's to begin with) until I found out a friend I had also used to be into Transformers via discovery of an old Armada Tidal Wave in a basement closet (which I walked into thinking it led to a bathroom). I've been semi-hardcore collecting ever since and not giving a crap about who thinks its stupid.

Dude, you totally should change that wording under your username from "Protectobot" to "Closer Commander", because that is an awesome nickname! Especially since it's relevant to your avatar.

12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    No, not really. But at first I was reluctant to start collecting toys in first place because it felt a bit nerdy.