Ever do something stupid that looked like it came straight out of a movie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ranoobu, Feb 12, 2008.

1. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Say 'what' again! I dare ya, I double dare ya mf, say 'what' one more goddamn time!

2. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    What?

3. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Bang! lol

4. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    :Gouki:  :rip 

5. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I was chasing a little cousin of mine when I was about 12. You know the game, hit and run. Well I was gonna get the little f#cker back. He was 8, I think. I chase him through the kitchen into the hallway.

At that time, there was a spare dresser in the hallway. About as high as an 8 year old....

He looked back at me to see how close I was and turned back around just in time to catch the corner of the dresser right to the forehead.

Needless to say, I was on the floor laughing and he was on the floor crying. :D 

6. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I've had occasion more than once to hit my head on a car door, then in rage turn around, punch said car, only to hurt my hand.

7. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    at work we use heated caramel for some of the things we prepare and we had a plastic container with pouches of them so I looked, and the pouches appeared to be clipped with plastic clips so i threw it in the microwave for 20 seconds and hit start. I threw a paper towel into the trash then turned back to see the window on the microwave glowing. I flung open the door and saw the plastic contianer on fire, so i picked up the glass plate in the microwave and threw the plastic container into the sink and hit the water. Turned out that someone had decided to add a wire twist tie to one of the bags...

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    One time when a few of us were loading up my car (Peugeot 306 hatchback) some jerks threw a cooked crab from a moving car.

It hit one of us, deflected into the open boot and exploded against the parcel shelf. We were showered by exploding crab... thankfully most of it in the boot. Even so I would find little bits of it in the main cabin for a week afterward.

We were pissed at the time, but can laugh about the driveby crabbing now.

'I mean honestly. Who throws a crab?'[/AustinPowers]

9. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got two.

When I was 12, I was in the scouts. On a camping trip to a state park we went hikeing through the woods. A buddy and I were in the back of the line when we heard some girls laughing, so we left the group to investigate. We looked down a steep embankment (about 12-15 feet up from the river) to see 3 college girls skinny dipping in the river. We were quietly yucking it up like a couple 12 year olds would when the ground gave way under my feet and I went tumbleing down. I landed right in front of them. They had a shocked look on their faces at being caught by a kid and I'm sure I had the look of oh shit I'm caught on mine. After what seemed like an hour (about 20 seconds) and not wanting to be in any kind of trouble for peeking in on them I did the only thing I could think of... I cried boody murder like I had hurt myself falling down the enbankment.

And son-of-a-bitch, it worked. My buddy took off to get the scout master while the girls, after putting back on thier clothes, helped me up to the trail where the SM took me back to camp. We even got ice cream. :lol :lol 

the other story took place a few years later when I was helping a kid clean his bike parts. He had left the bike out all winter and the grease was just crusted and full of sand. (I was in Australia at the time) So I use a trick I'd seen my dad use to clean the parts of his car, Gasoline. I get a small container and we filled it with gas. We then put the parts in it to soak for a bit.

Well this method was taking a little too long for my friend so while I went into the house his house to get some paper towles to clean the parts off with, he got it into his head that the process would work faster if he heated them up a bit. So he lit the gas with a match. Well you can just about imagine the towering inferno that created. I came out to see him panicing about what to do. I told him to wait and I'd get a lid to cover it up. But before I could, he decided the right thing to do was to drop down next to the container, cup his hands around his mouth and to blow the fire out.

Anyone here want to take a guess as to what happend next? Yup, the towering inferno got bigger and ingulfed his head and hands. He lept back screaming, and seeing this kid was just about as stupid as they come, I went over to the container and knocked it over into the sand and threw more sand onit to put it out. He wound up not seriously hurt, but he singed all of the hair on the front part of his head right down to the scalp (which was red) and lost his eyebrows for awhile. (they didn't grow back the same either which didn't help matters) When his mom got home, he blamed me for his stupidity so she banned me from ever hanging around her son again.

He was pissed at me for months. Not that he had burned his hair off mind you, but that I made a bigger mess out of his bike parts when I kicked them over into the sand to put them out.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I had missed a Chem lab way back in High School, and had stayed after school to make it up. My lab partner (Who was also one of my best friends) was also staying after to finish up an extra credit assignment and after he finished, decided to help me.

Except he got impatient with my taking my time to do the experiments and decided to speed things up as he told me what was going on as he did them for me at a much faster rate. Well, it was all fine and well until we got to the experiment where we heated sulpher to watch it glow. At least that's what was supposed to happen, and what he told me was going to happen. Scooping an overflowing spoonful of Sulpher and thrusting it right into the bunson burner resulted in a tremendous fireball with flaming bits of Sulpher flying in every direction. I quickly shut off the gas line.

As I was about to slam shut the hood shut and turn on the fan, my partner insisted on fighting the fire himself; the chem teacher was in the classroom next door and he didn't want the noise of the hood fan and the hood closing to get his attention, as we were the only two students in the lab. However, mistaking paper towling for a damp towel, he tries to beat out the flames. Instead, the paper towel catches on fire, shooting burning paper bits everywhere. He shrieks and tosses that into the hood as I tell him to, stating that I was going to close the hood and turn on the fan. He again refuses to let me close the hood and picked up the only other thing in the area, his own notebook and begins beating the flames out with them. He succeeds, but his own notebook is somewhat charred, with scorch marks on several pages.

The damage done? One very nice sized hole burned into the hood mat from the paper towling. Several smaller asteroid like holes numbering in the dozens around the bunson burner from the burning bits of Sulphur, and a very distinctive odor in the air, and the knowledge that like any prototypically bad high school movie, we had set the Chemestry Lab on fire.

About two years prior to that, on a Summer Scouting trip, one of the older boys had come up with the fun game of using lighter fluid in a squirt gun and shooting it across the camp fire when no adults were around to create a flame thrower kind of effect. One of the other boys thought it would be even more fun to create a fireball effect by pouring an empty pop/soda can refilled with lighter fluid onto the fire. He was lucky in that he managed to throw the can away before the flames went all the way up to the can and there was almost no one in camp or he would've created a shrapnel throwing bomb in the middle of the campsite.

11. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When i was in high school and stupid, I took a downhill corner in my moms lumina minivan at about 80 mph, and started drifting into the other lane, just as a guy on a motorcycle was coming up said lane. So I jerked the wheel as to not kill the guy and ended up putting the van on two wheels for about three seconds (felt like forever). Thought for sure i'd flip it, but managed to keep it on the road and slow down after all four wheels returned to the surface.

And why did i do this increadibly dumb act? Yep, to impress a girl.

The other one was during a jump in the 82nd, i had to "run" off a guy's chute in midair. I felt like Lyoid in Dumb and Dumber. Nother time the Air Force dropped us too soon and I ended up hung up in a 70 foot tree. That sucked.

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bwaha, great stories in this thread - loved the random Pulp Fiction re-enactment

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not me, but since there were a few fire stories, I used to work at an Italian restaurant with a brick pizza oven.

I was a little way down the line one morning, doing prep work, while Roland (the assistant manager who was ALWAYS high, including during this story) was starting the pizza oven. He'd tossed some cardboard in there and sprayed some cooking oil on it as a starter.

I just happened to look down there as he took a deep breath in. I was all like, "Rooolannnnd, NOOOOO!" But he blew as hard as he could into the oven, a giant ball of flame whooshed out and engulfed his head. Burned off all his hair, including his eyebrows and goatee.

So we were trying to make sure he was okay, when the firefighters showed up. Turned out he'd set the roof on fire also, by blowing flame up the chimney.

He turned out okay and we ended up giving free pizzas to all the firemen.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i can totally see this in slo mo.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its like if chefs were ghetto.

ok i got one, i got one.

this one time in high school dude brought a girlie mag (i think it was mayfair) to school and it making the rounds in class. it got to me and then dude was like oh shit guys a spotcheck so we were like omg omg what do we do, so in panic i dropped the mag out the window.

...right to the building apron where across the block the kids in the classes could fucking see it in plain sight.