Evangelion Store Optimus Prime (Eva-01 redeco)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Check out my country.

Not everyone here is American. Not only are they $65 cheaper in the first place I'd probably save about $20 shipping too.

2. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I saw your location and am very much aware that not everyone here is American. My point was that many people here might be happier with a vendor in their own country. It's at least worth checking out if Robot Kingdom's shipping rates are terrible based on your location. Sorry, but I did not take time to get rates for your location before making my previous comment.

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks, Is it anything like Macross with a weird "songy" theme too or just straight anime action?

4. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

There is nothing songy about it, really. The new movies do have a lot of high energy action sequences. But deep down, the series is really about the human characters, and their extremely messed up pasts/mental disorders.

5. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Indeed. Nothing about the show is straightforward. I love it. :D  Been holding off on the rebuild until its done. I'm weird like that.

6. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. KidVoltron

KidVoltron Terranicon

It's one day after my preorder through TFS and I still don't have buyer's remorse. That's a good sign!! Haha

8. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto...although I do buy from AE/HLJ but they're services haven't been bad and easy to deal with.

9. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I don't quite understand the appeal of this... Other than it was mentioned the desire to own one of every MP-10 mold... Or just personal preference..

I love TF's and I love Evangelion, but just because you can mix something doesn't always mean you should...

I mean I love brownies and orange juice, but doesn't mean I'm going to mix them up...

10. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The backstory for it seems to work pretty well so in this case they in fact should have and did mix the properties

11. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You just answered your own question right there. This is for fans of both franchises or heck, maybe even to get new fans into either franchise.

12. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, you missed the part where he said that just because you can mix something, it doesn't mean you should. So he expressed why those statements don't answer each other as you indicate.

When the result is a figure that makes G2 styles look tame, I think we've crossed that threshold and set it on fire.

If you like it, hey great, but I really don't think the secondary market on this is going to be as good as some might think. Using MP-08X as an example for it to do so as was mentioned previously in the thread is also a horrible comparison.

I mean, when so many are surprised that people would want to pay the insanely high regular price for this, I don't see many wanting to pay what some of you seem to expect to get on aftermarket. If I'm wrong, hey great for you guys...it won't make sense to me, but eh...people and society as a whole today don't tend to make much sense most of the time.

13. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not trying to stomp on anyone's good time here. I just, personally, don't see the appeal...

14. KidVoltron

KidVoltron Terranicon

Nemesis...Eva?

Holy sheep balls, I just realized I did a pop art print of Nemesis Prime last year for an art show that almost matches this color scheme exactly!! I'm a Transformers psychic!! Haha

[​IMG]

15. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    nice to see someone else who is very familiar with the neon genesis series and has very similar opinions on what it is, i like ur style :) 
    not that you would agree but my opinion is the first 26 episodes and 2 movies are the core, the last movie or 2nd movie is called "end of evangelion" because the creator intended it to be that, but after years of moaning and groaning and even death threats from the fans he was finally convinced to make a new ending (movie 3 or evangelion 2.22 ) and then yet again another new ending movie 4 or evangelion 3.33 )
    just found out that the revoltech style evangelion unit 01 in OP colors was a custom and im majorily bummed

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  16. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really do not like this color scheme but still i may consider getting it because it is a Transformers.

17. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Nice work. I'm sure there'll be the eventual BAPE Green Camo version to.

18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    not got a clue about evangelion but the color scheme of this crossover is glorious! myself i can really see the appeal for this

19. WreckerZero

WreckerZero Starring Jason Statham as Impactor

Haha funny you say that, they also announced a base mp-10 aswell haha.

I got mine preordered with kapow toys, considering how because of customs the uk price should be more but they brought down the price so it's more in line with the rest of the world haha.

Really looking forward to this, what I like the most is how his feet now look like sneakers.

20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The price on Robot Kingdom is pretty decent,considering whether to get it or not!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.