Evangelion Store Optimus Prime (Eva-01 redeco)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In for two. This is one of those rare times where value appreciation is guaranteed, much like MP-08X. Buy two, give it a couple of years, and sell one for double. Have a free Eva Prime. It's a no-brainer.

2. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm actually very surprised I preordered this but for so,e weird reason, I love how he looks in this colorscheme. Worst case scenario, should make for an easy sell if I ever get bored of it.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but MP-08X is getting released again so there goes that. as long as this doesnt then you should be fine.

4. bradforj

News Credits:
    True, but a lot of people scored major bank on it before the reissue was announced. The key is to get out of these things while the price is high, then jump back in on the reissue. I've done it with Grimlock, Starscream and Sideswipe. The main thing is to not let go of a piece that you can't live without because reissues are not guaranteed.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  5. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this might be different than MP-8X since (I don't believe) that Takara/Hasbro own the rights to Evangelion like they do the Marvel King Grimlock likeness. MP-8X was a store exclusive, but not a joint exclusive as far as rights go. Also, they are able to repaint Prime multiple ways unlike Grimlock, so there isn't as much incentive to revisit this version for more money. I'm going to go out on a reasonable limb and say that this is more than likely a 'one and done' version. I do think that the '1000' applies to only Japan and that there are more for retailers outside japan. Still, I'm thinking its probably a limited run of 2000-2500. To me it doesn't matter, I want one because I think it looks neat, its interesting, and I think I'm just going to get all of the MP-10 molds for the hell of it.

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    There was absolutely no chance it'd ever be the same price as MP10 originally was. This is a limited edition exclusive.

As for if it'd be re-released, I personally doubt it. This seems more similar to Sleep Mode Convoy then King Grimlock.

7. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Pretty sure you nailed it. If they're putting up preorders that means they have a distributor. They're not taking stock away from takaratomymall.jp, so there's definitely more than 1,000 made. I'm perfectly fine with that.
    If I had the cash to blow I'd be all over it. As it stands I'm gonna be hard pressed to find the money for just one unfortunately. I've been giving serious consideration to the Boss Fight Studios kickstarter, and there's no way I'd be able to swing both that and Eva Prime so close together. This is a really neat (yet hideous :lol ) deco that I would like to have, but at the end of the day it's not a must. Which is a relief. [​IMG]

Edit: just realized that this won't be coming until November. Yay for missing important details! Now the wheels are spinning... [​IMG]

8. edbomber

edbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This figure looks kinda ugly and the price is nuts for a repaint. If it was cheaper I would get it just because of the price. If it was as much as Year of the Horse 2014 Optimus it would be better. How many more times will Takara release this mold? Like c'mon. I guess its easy cash for them though.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So no one is buying these after all the "I gotta have it" statements?

Every time I've checked since ordering one yesterday, the stock at BBTS has stayed at 24 pieces left.

11. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    BBTS changed the preorder system it stays at 24 now until there's less than 24 units left the old preorder check system doesn't work anymore

12. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just paid for this in full at RK. I guess I'll have to finally watch Evangelion now haha. I am hoping that if I don't like the final product I'll at least he able to get my money back from reselling it. Only if I don't like it on my shelf of course. And if I don't like the anime.

13. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was going to ask for a recommendation on what to watch when it comes to Evangelion just so I know what the hell I bought into? :lol 

14. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Up at Kapow £190.

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahhhhh, I see.

16. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Wow the price on Robot Kingdom is so good! But having to pay upfront means I can't just put a little into a different bank account a week so the hit isn't so harsh!

But I'd be saving about $80! Agggh, decision!

17. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Well it was always going to be more expensive, as the MSRP is more. MSRP for MP-10 was 22,000 Yen and this is 25,000 Yen (IIRC). Plus being more limited and all.

Not the same thing at all, since TakaraTomy doesn't own the rights to Evangelion.

Agreed 100%. Glad to see someone else gets it.

Randy

18. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I'd recommend watching the movie, 'Evangelion 1 You Are Not Alone'. It's the first of a movie quadrilogy (4-part movie series) that retells/reboots the story, but with a significantly higher production value than the old anime.

The original 26-episode tv series came out in the 90s. Followed by two movies, one called 'Death and Rebirth', which was mainly a recap of the tv show events. Then the 2nd movie, 'The End of Evangelion', which concludes the tv show's story.

So if you want a taste of what it's all about, check out You Are Not Alone. Or you could decide to watch the first few episodes of the tv show, which is called 'Neon Genesis Evangelion'. The reboot is flashier and prettier, while the tv show has more character development, due to the increased run time.

19. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, I think it would be better if whoever is interested in EVA to check out both versions.

While Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 is pretty much just a shortened version of the first 7 episodes in the TV anime, it's beginning with 2.22 that everything diverts when it comes to the part in the story where one of the major protagonists is introduced. 3.33 is where literally everything is changed.

My suggestion is to first view the original anime + End of Evangelion and then go back and watch Evangelion 2.22, which chronologically takes place after episode 7 if going by the anime. Then go to 3.33. FINAL/4.44 is currently unknown when it will be shown.

If after all of this and you still don't like Evangelion, that's perfectly alright.

20. bradforj

News Credits:
    Check out their shipping charges. That puts it close to $300. I'm all for saving a buck where I can, but I'll gladly give TFSource an extra $15-$20 for the peace of mind of dealing with an American vendor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.