European version Grand Maximus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by yyh2046, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

I very much doubt a tiny toystore in Sandnessjøen, Norway would get a Fortress Maximus unless it was a wide release. You gotta remember toystores order these things, so that may be why there was never very many of this, at that time, mind bogglingly expensive toy. I remember expensive Star Wars spaceships on 50% off stacked high in the discount bin, so it seems possible whoever did the ordering there had more balls than brains.

Eeeh, never heard of anything like an "European Version", though. If they wanna change things, they usually do it with paint. Like the cockpit on Classics Jetfire/Henkei Skyfire.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    A tiny seaside gift shop here in Great Yarmouth got a few Fort Max in. I got one of them. But it wasn't a wide release, probably just a few shops doing something great without even realising it. Probably all came from the same tiny source.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK, This thread has gone way off track into a pricing discussion.

Check for the Hasbro/Takara stampings. They should be in the same place as they are on your legitimate Spike figure. If the Grand Max one does NOT have them, it is a fake, pure and simple. The new, high-quality repro heads had the stampings omitted precisely because the maker wanted people to be able to tell them from the real thing.

4. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    It has already been mentioned in this thread that Spike and Zarak do no have the Takara stamp. only the 6 lone Japanese HMs have it.

5. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Exactly. The chest details and rivets are the best way to identify the KO. If you can get a good look at the head mode, the eye paint is another dead giveaway.

6. Duximus Prime

Duximus Prime Chronomancer

Ebay:
    I know this is slightly off topic, but is this the set the KO comes from that the OP is referring to?

If so, can anyone comment on the quality of it?

7. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Yep, that's the set where the KO Grand Max Spike came from. The quality is top notch as well. I'd argue that the detailing on the KOs is actually better than the originals.

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits: