Escape to the Movies: Dark of the Moon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The F.N.G., Jul 1, 2011.

1. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MovieBob has a review of Transformers: DOTM over at the Escapist.

Cliff Notes are pretty much as follows:

• DOTM sucked.
    • Was better than ROTF, but still sucked.
    • There are better movies that don't suck.
    • If you chose to go see this, you suck.

EDIT: He's also got up an article that further explains some of his opinions and thoughts.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well im sorry i sucked for wanting to see this over cars 2. i should have known better since that movie was critically rated batter...ill go kill myself now so there is never a chance that any of my money ever gets in the hands of these stupid evil movie makers. iam only furthering there agenda to fill out glorious god given gift that is movie theaters with such silly notions such as giant talking robots protecting the earth...i mean REALLY NOW...how could i have been so naive...i feel like such a horrible person right now that i just cant live with myself anymore

bring on black swan 2! bow down to the critics and all there infinite wisdom!

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Its funny, I've seen his RotF review, which I largely agree with, and after Green Lantern nearly have him a heart attack, I honestly thought his head would explode on this one.

Good chuckle though.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    See, stuff like this is what pisses me off about reviews and it's not only with any of the TF movies, it with any movie.

If you're giving a movie a negative review, don't downtalk anyone who wants to watch it and don't insult anyone who likes it. If you do that, then you've pretty much negated your entire review.

That was the main reason Ebert pissed me off with his RotF review. I don't care if he gave it a negative review, but you don't call any of your readers stupid for having a different opinion from you.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    There is a bad reviewer infestation, shall I terminate?

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
  7. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. If I'm going to go see a movie, it's because to me it looks like I will enjoy it. Saying my opinion is invalid because I chose to see an explosion-filled popcorn flick rather than the indie film that tried to be "deep and meaningful" isn't cool. It's why that even though I do watch "Escape to the Movies" here and there, I do not agree with MovieBob. Not after he spent his entire Expendables review calling everyone "sheep" for seeing it instead of Scott Pilgrim.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Aside from the "You suck for liking this" bit, he raises some good points that fanboys will dismiss.

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All entertainment is subject to opinion. This includes movies & Internet-based reviews of movies.

10. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Enjoyment of anything is what you make of it. But I have to say in the review where he says. The line about the pretty girl and megatron did make me laugh.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, exactly. I don't care what they think, but don't insult me for what I enjoy. I'm 100% sure there is something in their field of enjoyment that I would probably frown on, and they would probably feel very insulted if I said that they were stupid for liking it.

12. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Hey, look at the comments

[​IMG]
    This to this.

[​IMG]
    F*** you all!

13. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First comment in the second screen cap sounds like bullshit. Treating your customers like imbecile's in most cases is grounds for disciplinary action ,suspension, or even dismisal at some places. If you're dumb enough to do it then you deserve to lose your job. Granted I get some dumb fuckin' people at my job, but it's more with stupid questions like 'where is this item' when their staring right at it.