Escalation Strategization

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Soundwave4win, Jul 27, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I think he means two people at the spawn point, and two people at the base that's originally covered by water/liquid energon.

2. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

you're a great teammate man, one of the best I play with.

Today when you joined I was the one sucking badly (the host had a bad connection with me so I kept lagging all over the map). if the lagg was half as bad I would've been doing GRRRRRRRREEAAAT! :D 

Alot of the people I add for WFC are people I met in escalation that I can somewhat respect (non-quitters, good players, mic users that aren't idiots) and people on the forums. out of the mix of both I can get connections with about 1/2 of them O__o

@Airspeed: Upper level is spawn point, lower level is the lower parts of the map (the originally submerged section of the map) the specific spot i'm talking about is the health/ammo combo at the base of the map.

@Brr-icy: it's usually a good feeling when you can pull your team through a wave. but when the team exploits your abilities by going lone wolf to rack up points and then when they die incredibly stupid rambo deaths they say you can handle it even though you probably spent alot of points on the last wave.

3. AutobotSkids

Thanks Soundwave. Yeah, the lag for that game was horrible. Sometimes I'd shoot at an enemy, stop, and three seconds later, they'd die.

4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Im upp for some tfw escalation . I just played some random matches with diffrent ppl. no ones have mics so Im alone on that. it usually ends on 8-10

yes I have seen the rambo deaths...so so sad.

5. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People with no mics dont really annoy me only when they have them and all you can hear is loud noises.
    Myself my mic is broken, but i always try to do teamwork,you know revive ,help out if people need points.
    THe only really onnoying thing about public maches is mos people dont spend their points even on overshields or weapons for themselfs,but especially Doors and you are left to open them alone and as soon as you open the door the people who dont spend points are through the door.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, i'm usually the one racking up the points anyways, just not going rambo style, but that does annoy me to no end, even worse is when you pull almost all the way through a wave and the host quits because he wanted to loose, pain in the ass,

I was playing with a guy yesterday that didn't heal when you were down, and hid up on the bridge in broken hope. I was in the overshield room soloing the wave pretty much (16) so when i finally went down from 2 titans and a brute on the vendor, i couldn't even buy an overshield before getting destroyed, waited until he died and quit the game, he invited me back, told him i don't play with people that don't work as a team or heal.

soundwave4win, you can add me if you want, same name as here, i need some good players to play with, i have a few, but the more that could possibly be online at a time, the better, i have no mic, but i get the point with a quick melee or whatever, and always open doors (usually as soon as i have the points to do so) can't guarantee we won't have to get a different person to host so we can connect though,

7. AutobotSkids

Holy crap that bugs me. I usually pool some points to the door that leads upstairs at Broken hope while all three of my teammates are buying ammo nearby. Well,if they see me spending my points to open the door, they all run over to me. But once I stop and step aside so they can help pool some points, they all leave. So I usually wind up blowing my own points.

Once I blow all my points though, I don't hesitate to take the free health box and ammo that are upstairs. Sometimes if my teammates are real jerks they'll wait for me to open the door, they'll race upstairs, take all the free stuff they can get their hands on, and leave. That's why I don't hesitate to take all of the free stuff if I have to pay for the whole room.

If I'm playing with people who actually help me pay for the different areas, I will let them take free stuff too, and only take what I absolutely need.

8. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Anyone wanna play on the new Autobot and Decepticon maps tomorrow? I'm free from 12 PM to 5. Don't have a mic but I'll listen to anything you say and share my points. PSN name is Mr_Superman44

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    don't have a mic either, but i do have the new maps, my screenname is the same as my psnid. i think i've played a few mp games with you

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah ill add ya

11. AutobotSkids

Ok, sounds fun. My PSN ID is Scabbers35, I'll send you a message saying that I'm AutobotSkids.

I don't have a mic either, but I'll do my best not to get in anyone's way. :) 

12. MrSoundwaveGuy

News Credits:
    Alright so me, brr-icy, shadowsfm, and AutobotSkids. I'll host and send you guys invites around noon. I'll keep the game going if I happen to leave for the room for some reason

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, sounds good, i'll make sure it's on for then

14. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

I believe we should try doing this more often (hosting escalation games with everyone) I'll get on but I imagine the game is full by the time I get there.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we just played 5 rounds or more lol, figuring out the new maps is fun

16. MrSoundwaveGuy

News Credits:
    Forsaken is pretty big, I was trying to explore it but then I'd get surrounded by shotgunners XD. I think I'm gonna try playing on that map by myself just to get to know it better.

District is also pretty big, but since it's just a reworked Multiplayer map I at least knew it somewhat. There's a LOT of doors in this map, although many of them are useless and just give enemies another place to come out of

17. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we got forsaken opened up, and i'm kind of getting to know it, but the overshield would be nice to know exactly where it is, might be able to get farther than wave 13 with it, i know it's in the drained section...somewhere

18. AutobotSkids

Here's a strategy I came up for Broken Hope. Character wise, you need Arcee, Jazz, Air Raid and Silverbolt.

Unlock the following: Overshield room and the ammo room next to it (Don't unlock the ammo room stairs). Then unlock the Scrapmaker Room and both of the bridges that lead to the 2500 room.

Position Arcee on the Ammo bridge to fire at enemies in the open, she'll never be far from the Overshield machine, and she'll be right next to the ammo machine. If cornered, Shockwave and cloak will save her.

Jazz will be on the bridge that leads from the overshield room to the 2500 point room. Jazz will gun down enemies in the open aswell, he has barrier for cover, and moleculation bomb for shot gunners.

Air Raid will be in the scrapmaker room. He'll be firing at enemies in the open. (Noticing a pattern?) if he ever needs to get to the overshield machine, his cloaked jet mode will be your friend. Whirlwind will take out hordes of enemies aswell.

Silverbolt will hide up on the busted speedway bridge near the scrapmaker room. Barrier will keep him safe if needed, and he can attack from the sky with his jet rockets and his primary weapons. If the team needed a medic, Silverbolt would be the best choice because of his Jet form and Barrier ability.

Everyone would be spaced out so enemies wouldn't swarm them, but close enough to where if a teammate was downed, the others would be able to save them. You'd have easy access to overshields, grenades, scrapmakers, and ammo.

19. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its in the most awkward place,you have to drain all 3 floodgates then you unlock a lower level somewhere down there is a vendor for 200 to drop a massive platform into the energon lake near the massive enemy spawn point hop across there and there is a 1000 point door in there is the Overshields and heal grenades.

20. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    each flood gate is 300. 2 of them are behind a door which cost 400 each. the building in the center lower level has a door for 400. the cerkit breaker to pass the lake towards the over shield is 200. the over shield door is 700. that's 26 thousand bucks? district is easer