Escalation Strategization

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Soundwave4win, Jul 27, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

My strategy for district is to be well spaced out by wave 9, when the titans, brutes, and shotgunners apear. If you're all crowded together, the enemies will overrun you. I was playing with Soundwave4win, and his friend today, I made the mistake of flying over to where they were so I could fight with them, and all the enemies I was fighting and more followed and swarmed us. If you do choose to go with this though, never stray far from a health machine. Doing so even while cloaked is even a risky move.

2. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

@:Autobotskids

We still did very well... Considering that the map has got a humongus choke point that prevents any sufficent help. (overshield door is the only way across other than the 2500)

This small tube of a section is the only way to go towards another open area.

What I was near-screaming at madman and saying to Autobot was that if we tried to do a "Remnant" esque strategy where 2 pairs branch off on seperate sides of the map then the enemies will be forced to go through a chokepoint (overshield tunnel) to get to them.

Best part of that map is all the cover and high places. If anyone else played with me they saw soundwave hopping up to the highest points. shooting jets and while jumping up as far as I could go popping a turret hundreds of feet up in the air preventing things like shotgunners and cloakers from destroying it.

I don't know what to say about the "Generator" (healing ray just a typo or something) but in order to get it your team will have to spend 1700 points on doors and then an extra 1250 for the thing. spending 2950 points to help you from dieing.... in retrospect it would be useful for later waves (waves 15+ where everyone can get about 1000 points)

Auto sentries suck.
    Healing sentries suck.
    Laser grid is meh. (It screws your team mates as well and it doesn't stop the heavy fire power like titans and brutes)
    Subway tunnel sucks
    2500 room sucks BIG TIME

hope I could help :D 

3. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still get lost on District i have no idea where i am going half the time.Wave 13 is the best i have done and the strategy was to camp in the area with the scrapmakers and circle back around if we got overrun.That said wave 11 and 12 were just luck of the Irish.

But Forsaken i now know my way around there.Got to wave 15 a few times mainly camping out in the scrapmaker area, Haven seen the Tanks yet but hope to soon.The problem is still good places to camp have no ammo anywhere near.

4. Soundwave4win

@Airspeed:

Last night I played a public match and suddenly got an idea for a strategy on forsaken.

you actually don't need to worry about choosing specific characters just play who you're good with :D 

If two, two man teams split up (one taking the spawn point and one taking the lower decks) (this can be accomplished by wave 10 easily) someone could actually camp on both spots (ammo and health in seperate neighboring rooms on both)

What I did was play as arcee using an assault rifle and a healing ray. I'd heal up my buddy on the upper decks and then return fire. in return he'd split the points for buying myself some health.

ONE MAJOR FLAW in this plan is if the team suddenly gets "overrun" and they all cram up in the room that wasn't getting any attacks. after doing this move the rest of the map will shift towards that one area. making your team of NOW 4 really OVERRUN.

We lost the match because everyone ran back upstairs thinking we could take them on. 1 died on the way. the other died on the front steps of the joint. my partner got ambushed by the incoming waves of enemies then I fended them off for 4 minutes before eventually dieing (from a retarted brute swing while on the health box WTF)

5. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

^Agreed, Soundwave. My previous team and I used a very similar strategy. Two guys were down on the lower levels fighting, I was attacking at the spawn point, and one guy was off fighting near the scrapmaker area. The strategy was golden, I racked up 3,00 points, my teammates who were a bit more spendy had about 1,000. I was never far from the health machine, sometimes I would just stand and fight on the machine, getting gunned down continuously only to be revived by an energon cube. Nothing could go wrong, the two on the lower floors were racking up points and spending them to unlock more areas in the lower base to fight at.

But, If you use this strategy, you really have to stick to the plan, cooperate, and not do anything stupid like trying to go out and hunt down enemies. That's what that one lone wolf guy we were paired with kept doing, but he kept on dieing. I guess he got mad that he kept dieing, because he quit on us the second or third time he died.

Well, we sort of panicked, and we all went off to go buy scrapmakers so we wouldn't get mowed down before another teammate showed up. Well, we couldn't get back to our posts before the wave started, so we had to camp out in the Repair Ray, Scrapmaker room. The problem with doing this, is that the Ammo Machine is so far away. Me and this other guy made a dash for it, but he was gunned down. His buddy and I tried to save him from titans and shotgunners, but the two both died. Being Bumblebee, all I could do was drive back to the spawn point, heal up, reload, and hope that I didn't die. Well, I did. It's hard to solo a later wave if you're not a cloaker.

6. Soundwave4win

Yesterday I played as scattershot on broken hope.
    hillarious. while in the OS room I shot my omega missile at a titan AGAIN to have a rocketeer block it. WTF!?!?!

7. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Thats pretty much the same reason i dont use anyone with the Omega Missile its so slow and really hard to control and on later waves it doesnt even do much damage.

My favourite Characters to use are
    Autobots/Bumblebee,Arcee,Sideswipe,Jazz
    Decepticon/Slipstream,Skywarp,Brakedown.

I can only really perform well when i use a character that moves fast ,Example i attempted Broken Hope as Jetfire a feww times and was killed so many times he is such a big target.

I really hope there will be a character with Dash and Cloak and has a scout vehicle mode that would be my perfect Character.

8. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

any tips / guides for playing as Optimus?

or any other characters that are trucks, tanks, or jets in general?

cars seem easier cos of their speed. just having trouble being as effective using the other characters.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't try to save up points, keep buying health and ammo to keep you alive.

When multiple enemies are in a small area, use melee attacks like heck! Works best in the Decepticon level with the holo brutes.

Scientists and soldiers are best for escalation (just my observation...but use whatever class works for you).

If your health is low and your the last one standing, go to the health ray and fight off enemies until the next wave. Works perfectly unless some of them don't come to you.

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what i like about optimus or any leader in escalation is their vehicle grenade launchers. takes out a group of enemys and good for finding cloakers. they are even moderately good vs brutes at range because of its explosives go through the shield,

11. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Yes the Rockets are also really good against Titans.

And Ramming is decent against smaller enemies

For optimus if you are getting overrun get near your teammates and let off Warcry.

Soldiers i am not very good with as i find them very slow and the tank cannon is pretty hard to aim.

I like the smaller scientists(not like Jetfire) like Slipstream.

12. Soundwave4win

1. If you keep using all your points what If you bought something that you couldn't afford in the long run? for example. I buy health on wave 1, then I go to get ammo and I only have 25 points. This happens alot if you spend spend spend. the only things I believe you really need to buy are certain doors, GOOD weapons and health/ammo.

2.I don't know what you mean by going to buy the healing ray when your the last man standing. all the healing ray does is heal your teammates (which at that point are dead anyways) it doesn't absorb health from enemies and give it to you. It just tickles them (especially in later waves) If it was me doing the last man stand deal I would do whats pretty much the only thing to do.

Camp on a vendor and shoot everything in the room.
    when room is starting to get overcrowded. Cloak/Ram out of area towards another health vendor. Rinse. Repeat.

13. Soundwave4win

@Airspeed

If you have the DLC try using Demolisher on Remnant. with all the tight corners its actually really easy to shoot down a swarm of enemies and with all those corners the beacon can be safely tucked behind two boxes.

And I agree that Jetfire might be the absolute worst jet to play on this map.

compare him to thundercracker.

T-Crack:
    Jet W/Guns
    Hover
    Rocket Sentry
    Smaller chassis

Jetfire:
    Jet W/Rockets
    Hover
    Rocket Sentry
    Large Chassis.

when choosing for the ability combo always use thundercracker when doing decepticon and try something else entirely as Jetfire.

and I take back what I said about shockwave. Even though I suck as him alot of people are starting to show me that you can play a jet that doesn't require cloak.

I've seen people go around shooting things up then when there is a big crowd they'd fly in let off a shockwave then hover to clear the room out...
    not bad.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a good escalation strategy is a host that doesn't quit because he died, was soloing wave 12 in forsaken i think, the new bot map, and one titan left to kill, go to get ammo, and he quits, waste of time on my part to help them get that far

15. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Just played a match where the same thing happened,On Forsaken i was with 3 guys who didnt do any teamwork if you were down with no enemies around they would just leave you,So i basically had to go lone wolf as every time i tried to help on of them load of enemies would come and they just wouldnt revive me.
    I think it worked to our advantage though we pretty much were all spread out around the map(i ended up unlocking every door myself) so each of us had a few enemies to deal with at a time we got to wave 13 and they all were killed really early in the wave and i just couldnt finish the wave myself so many brutes.

Also has anyone noticed if you cloak and try to go around and hit him from behind he starts tracking you around so you cant get near his back.
    This is what ruined me soloing wave 13 a group of enemies advancing on me and a brute runs in i cloak and just cant hit him as he keeps following me as im cloaked.

16. OMEGA_ONE

OMEGA_ONE Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, very frustrating. Almost as frustrating as trying to melee an enemy that keeps transforming. Not a fan of the fact that everybody seems to be invincible during transformation, even enemies.

17. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Yes that too half the time i get killed it because they randomly keep Transforming,it sort of makes me want something like a 3 hit melee combo just for these occasions

18. Soundwave4win

Yeah I sent highmoon an email about the fact that the need to patch the invicible transforming glitch.

19. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it has made me go down more than once today, it's annoying

20. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Host mirgration should be mandatory for Escalation. Was doing great on the new Autobot map with Scattorshot, using the Omega missile to blow up crowds of enemies, then the host quits =(