Escalation Strategization

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Soundwave4win, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

After playing countless games and the DLC finally hitting shores I believe it is time for this board to have an Escalation Strategy section. For everyone that does play it and for those that don't. This will be the place to post hints and tips as well as you're own strategies that you have found useful.
    POST YOUR STRATEGIES HERE! :D 

_________________________________________________________________________________
    After hearing about all the new abilities I've created a potential power killer team for Broken Hope

Arcee
    AirRaid
    ScattorShot
    Optimus Prime

Optimus and Scattor work together as a team on the lower levels of the OS room. while Arcee and AirRaid do their thing (Cloakers when out gunned cloak away and fire off shots from a distance)

When both Optimus and Scattor are ready (after hearing rumors I believe that omega missile is a energon point ability and not a recharge. if it's recharge this team is even more deadly) they can use a Warcry/Omega Missile combo firing the blast into the heart of the enemy faction. when people are injured the cloakers or Scattorshot can save them (Scattorshot has barrier apparantly) Brutes are AirRaid's specialty (simply whirlwind then cloak) the goal is to get everyone a scrapmaker then camp in the OS room. DO NOT OPEN THE 200 AMMO/HEALTH STAIRS the only doors you need opened are the 400 ammo bridge and the doors for OS and Scrap. open the 400 Citadel bridge when wave 15 rolls around for an extra window when the Tank smashes the bridge.

if people die they're importance is based on their abilities

Optimus/Scattorshot (TIE) 3rd most important
    Both offer definite help towards the team (barrier/warcry) but they could be an easy meal for shotgunners if they go lonewolf

Arcee 2nd most important
    Arcee is a cloaker. Cloakers can live longer than any other strategizing class if they play their cards right. The only problem is Arcee isn't extremely MOBILE if cornered she can cloak but if there are people in the way her cloak could be a useless diversion.

AirRaid most imporant
    As long as your AirRaid isn't a hotdogging lonewolf he should be a concern
    What Arcee lacks in AirRaid makes up. being a jet AirRaid can fly out of ANY SITUATION meaning if someone killed everything around them and they just need a quick revive. AirRaid can easily be the first one there.

Although this shows their imporance to the group. it doesn't mean the whole team is going to die if any of them go down. this list just shows how concerned you should be in waves 25+ without certain members.

POST YOUR STRATEGIES HERE! :D 

2. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice,some good info here.

Only thing i prefer to have as many doors open as possible(all if possible) as it gives you loads of room to retreat if you need to.And if you get pinned up against the 300 ammo door of pinned in the scrapmaker room another escape route.

3. Cosmic Forge

Cosmic Forge Waiting for next TF game

For Decepticons in Remnant--

I would go with:

Megatron -- Scrapmaker, Magma Launcher (Drain FTW)
    Slipstream -- Scrapmaker, Repair Ray (Cloak FTW)
    Demolishor -- Scrapmaker, Magma Launcher (Ammo Beacon FTW)
    Soundwave -- Scrapmaker, Magma Launcher (Shield/Sentry FTW)

Onslaught -- (dunno what his abilities are)

Basic strategy is to open the path to the scrapmaker room and stop. Arm everyone as noted above, and take advantage of the "tunnelling" effect of the stairs by spamming the Magma Launcher. The ammo beacon amplifies this effect. It also helps out Slipstream for maintaining the repair demands.

Everyone should also invest in the Thermo Mines which are also in the scrapmaker room. Drop them around the back/sides to snare any drop-down bots. Soundwave aids this defensive tactic by deploying the Sentry near the back as well, or maybe behind a pillar out of direct fire. Slipstream can also help by recharging the Sentry's life.

Megatron reserves Drain until a bunch of normal size bots crowd the stairs, or as a Plan B measure to clear the room. Usually he will make enough kills to fully recharge Drain again.

Slipstream gets the repair gun since she can fly down to the next room for the health terminal at any time with cloaking, and not risk damage. Onslaught can replace Soundwave if he has unique/useful abilities.

Highest wave so far in Remnants is 12 for me. Want to hit 15 just to see if I can.

4. Cosmic Forge

FYI, not a good idea to always open all doors.

On the Autobot map, if you open the door beyond the "Ammo Bridge", then all ground-based bots can attack you from 3 directions instead of 2(spawn in the shield room, climbing stairs by the thermo mines, climbing stairs beyond ammo bridge).

On Decepticon map, opening the door to the shield room (final door either side) leaves you with no defensive options, as they can come from all directions (front, behind, above).

Its all about controlling the enemy's options.

5. Soundwave4win

@cosmic forge strategy.

I like it but the problem I see is that everyone is holed up in the scrapmaker room

i'm going to assume it is room C4 (scrap/health combo) if someone goes down then they either are on the health dispenser or they aren't.

with only one way in/out the only one that can truly Escape total devastation is slipstream. but that's only if the line faltered and people came up the stairs.

Still a good strategy I like all the characters used.

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Well, in Broken Hope, I like to play as Bumblebee because of how devastating Shockwave and a Dash, then melee combo can be. I also like the car mode machine gun. I know he's not the best, but I like 'im.

Well, I like to start out by unlocking the door leading to the upper floor with the Thermo mines, Overshields, and Thermo Rocket Launchers. From there, unlock the door with the "Ammo Bridge". From there, you can have to guys that gaurd the entrence to the upper level, one guy that gaurds the Purple Zone that enemies spawn from, and one guy gunning down Jets and other groundbased enemies from the bridge. From there, you have all of the basic necessities, Overshields, Ammo, and very handy Thermo Mines.

Character wise? Well, I like to be Bumblebee, but if I could select who my teammates were, I'd select Arcee for Stealth, and the room-clearing Shockwave perk. I'd choose Air Raid, beacuse of his Jet-mode, and how he has so much ammo as a Jet, with his Cloaking and Whirlwind abillities. Lastly, I'd choose either Ratchet, for Barrier and Spawn Sentry, or Optimus Prime so he could power us up with Warcry.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Ratchet is pretty handy for the Autobots. His vehicle rockets tear through Titans, and the Barrier/Sentry combo works great for area defense.

Warpath is another good one, on the other hand Scattorshot seems like a straight upgrade. Shockwave is pretty situational, but Omega Missile can put a real dent in the enemy forces whenever its needed.

8. Airspeed

News Credits:
    But if you open every door you have many escape routes,you don HAVE TO stay in the overshield room.If you dont open that 300 door you can get trapped in the ammo bridge room.

I really like the door in the 2500 room as it is a great escape route.

ON later waves if you have every door open my strategy is to stay in one room until it looks like you might get over run then move to another room then the enemys follow you up to the next room where you can take a few out and run then repeat.You keep the enemys following you.

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cant realy run to other areas if tanks are out

10. Airspeed

News Credits:
    I believe is called Vehicle Mode and Dodging

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And jumping in vehicle mode helps.

12. Cosmic Forge

My point is that more escape routes = more ways for the enemy to enter the room. The run and gun strat is fine for cloakers, but neither side has 4 chars that can cloak. I guess I prefer a definsible position, ala Gears of War 2.

As for my strat for Remnants, 1 person proved to be more than enough as medic. When u have 3 guys firing magma launchers into a cluster of enemies, they don't stand a chance. I'm speaking from experience here, from what has worked great for me. Combine all the splash damage with Drain, and rooms clear out fast. Even faster with ammo beacon.

@soundwave, the room I refer to is scrapmaker, thermo mines, ammo. No health terminal, Its in the next room down. We rarely have problems with health ESP with a backup healer.

I recently started investing in emp grenades too. This is THE best way to deal with shotgunners that rush you, as well as Titans, brutes. Toss one folllowed magma spam and you'll have a pile of energon in seconds. The EMPs instantly remove overshields!

13. Cosmic Forge

Also about the door beyond the ammo bridge. No need to use it to escape when u can just jump off the bridge and duck inside the first floor.

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exactly

15. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Not if you use an Escape route before Alot of enemies enter the room.

16. Soundwave4win

That's what my friend showed me. Now you're saying you have a capable medic. that sounds like a great addition. considering ammo is right there. the medic doesn't even have to do much. (I hope the medic was slipstream/demolishor?)

17. Soundwave4win

In my past experience It's best to limit the enemies options. by saying you want more escape routes you're saying "they're going to get in eventually we need to know when to book outta here" but where would you go? they're waves and waves like the ocean waves. they're hundreds of guys spawned per wave and they would eat any lonewolf alive. the mentality when playing on the old maps (remnant/broken hope) is to say "we're doing this plan. we're limiting the enemies options. as long as we don't falter we'll survive)

*points at signature* only reason why we lost was because someone went lonewolf. I tried saving them. then the other two got overrun. how did they die? they had a strategy that failed in the end and that is what this whole forum is about :D 

18. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Any tips on what weapons to use with Bumblebee or Arcee on Broken Hope ?

19. Soundwave4win

@Airspeed:
    My preferred combo is EMP shotty and the Scrapmaker. Shotty for close encounters and Scrap for long range. although if you tend to stay away from the action and like a good distance. you could always drop the Shotty for the Null Ray.

20. Cosmic Forge

Yes, any character that can cloak needs their sub weapon to be a shotty, EMP if u can get it. This let's u basicly sneak behind Brutes and 1-shot them for free. Or 1-shot shotgunners with a point blank blast to the head, regardless of OS.

Side note-- getting headshots with the magma launcher is hilarious. I do it all the time by mistake.