Escalation is dissapointing.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by darkone96, Aug 21, 2012.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's good for me, but i usually make sure i have the ammo since no one else bothers to drop it. at the end of a wave it's guaranteed to be dropped beside the weapons upgrader, and in the middle of the wave, wherever. also already have all the trophies for it, beat oblivion a little bit ago with just two people

2. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

So far I've been put off by the lack of selection. I was one of those that did the Air Raid trick on WFC and I miss being able to do that in FoC. Although... I did use Wheeljack for quite a while on... I forget, Ancients? I didnt' even open any of the doors to the starting room because it was like a nice safe little cage from which I could leisurely take down enemies. I got to wave 4 and had to quit because the last enemy was stuck and wouldn't come out. And I wasn't about to open the door.

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did a solo run with Wheeljack on Ancients too the first time I played Escalation, just to see what it was like. I died during round 3 when the insecticon type enemies swarmed me. Staying in that room was probably a good idea!

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Well I had a look around the room before the match started and saw what looked like spawn points on the upper level so I was prepared to die pretty much instantly. When I realized they were only spawning outside of that room is when I decided not to open the doors. Pure luck I guess. I still haven't tried the fourth map, might give that a go tonight.

5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Characters do talk though. I've heard Starscream and Jazz talk about their shooting prowess.

You can get a good team thing going. I was playing as Starscream and I had this thing going where at the end of each wave I would send out an ammo beacon to refill stock so by the time and I stayed in the same place for the first few waves so I got this syatem going where at the end of each wave everyone would rush to me to get more ammo. it worked because I always did it and they knew where to find me. Plus I pulled my weight.

6. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It might get mixed in with the enemies talking so it's harder to recognize. I dont' know....I haven't noticed really either way (I also play later at night when the family is asleep so I don't have the volume up too loud)

7. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

Wait until the 11th, they'll be Dinobots. And i bet an Escalation map to with them.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Escalation is the best mode in the game. At first, I was a little put off by the limited character selection for each map, but now that I've played several games - I really don't mind it that much, and find there's a good balance with each player taking on a different support role for the team.

I've also been very lucky to get into random games where everyone works together in identifying a defensible fighting position, and between waves provide healing and ammo.

9. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

It's not possible to prepare for disappointment as you don't know when or how you'll be disappointed, unless you always expect the worst from everything, which is sad.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not knowing jack about Escalation is like saying "OOOO IM SO DAMN EXCITED FOR THE DOTM GAME I- oh."

11. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    What are the escalation character sets anyway, so far I've only encountered two sets.

12. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know who is on which map, but here are the teams:

Optimus (shield)
    Ratchet (medic)
    Bumblebee (ammo)
    Warpath (turret)

Megatron (shield)
    Shockwave (medic)
    Starscream (ammo)
    Soundwave (turret)

Cliffjumper (shield)
    Perceptor (medic)
    Jazz (ammo)
    Wheeljack (turret)

Quake (shield)
    Onslaught (medic)
    Swindle (ammo)
    Brawl (turret)

13. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I really wish they could've at least done 5 of each so all the Combaticons could be together, while Jetfire could've been with Optimus team and Magnus with the other group.

14. G1Vanguard

G1Vanguard TRUKK NOT MUNKY

....what? Why, of all characters, they add quake? They have most of the Combaticons and they throw Quake in instead of Vortex or Blast Off? Really? We really need two tanks and two destroyers on one map?

15. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Vortex and Blast-Off's alt-forms are flyers, which would allow you to get to areas that are locked off on the ground.

16. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do think it should have been Onslaught with the Riot Shield and Blast Off playing Medic (Vortex has his campaign level), I think it was because their map is more close quarters than the other three. Upper areas could just be blocked off by those shield doors you see over various openings such as windows.

17. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

WFCs Escalation got me addicted to the game. FOCs Escalation is far from that. It just isn't much fun at all. It's waaaaay to slow and the games variety is limited in every way.
    I honestly don't believe FOC will have the longevity that WFC has in either Multiplayer or Escalation.

18. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, the fact that they have reduced the number of player options in every aspect of this game compared to WFC will kill this games player base in the long run.

19. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

It sure will... i've had FOC for about a week or more & i'm bored. Finished campaign twice (no replay value after that), made it to wave 15 in escalation
    with my girl and 2 friends (3 times in one week)... now finished. I play multiplayer & it bore's me to death compared to WFC... i like creating new bots with the customization though & i think that will be the main thing i'll continue to do for acouple of months off & on before i move on to something new. This games lifespan is approximately 3 months at best... sad.

Guess i'll go back to playing WFC & Armada '04... luv those!

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I played a bunch of Escalation with a full party and had an absolute blast.
    I also heard the characters talking a lot. Especially Prime and Megatron

Escalation in WFC was a boring chore, FOC I'm actually enjoying it.

Character selection here is limited, but there is only one map where I find myself not wanting to play as any of them.
    Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream - 3/4
    Quake, Swindle, Brawl and Onslaught - 4/4
    Perceptor, Jazz, Wheeljack and Cliffjumper - 3/4
    Optimus, Bumblebee, Ratchet and Warpath - 0/4 I guess Warpath is okayish