Escalation is dissapointing.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by darkone96, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it seems that there might be a glitch of some sort, because I hear next to no talking from the characters and other people on my friends list also experiences the lack of voices. However other people I play with say they talk all the time.

WTF High Moon fix your damn game, I had 3 hard locks in one night on Xbox.

2. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got a chance to play 3 of the maps on a team of random players the other night. We completed two of the levels and died on the last wave on one of them (no achievement :(  but hey I get to have fun playing it again!). Overall I had a lot of fun. I played as the medic for two levels and then I had the sentry for the third. I really enjoy being the medic. I know I have a job to do (an important one at that!) and it feels good when I can rush in and save a teammate in the middle of a fight. I’m ok with there being a 15 wave max. After that I think that it gets to be too long. I don’t like the marathon sessions on one map that could happen in WFC. I know some players like the challenge of getting as far as they can, but I prefer how FoC is set up.

I also miss the battle chatter from the characters a little but at least the enemies talk and that almost makes up for it (I don’t recall for sure……they didn’t talk in WFC, did they?)

3. G1Vanguard

G1Vanguard TRUKK NOT MUNKY

The only thing I don't like about it is the limited characters. In my opinion, they should have let you choose any Autobot/Decepticon, but you're still limited to the four abilities and you can only have one character with each ability, so you don't have four guys with the healing beam.

4. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree. I think they had Perceptor set up as the medic on one map. He's a Titan class so he's pretty slow. I'd prefer to be able to choose the fastest character for the medic because I want to be able to get to injured teammates as fast as I can. If they did it like you described that problem could be fixed.

5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody can revive a downed player, but only the Medic can heal them.

6. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I know. I like to do my job so that none of the team ever goes down. Notice I said "injured" and not "downed" :) 

7. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if they're injured rather than downed, then logically they should be able to meet you halfway. :thumb 

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True. But sometimes if they are in the middle of a fight or trying to avoid being shot and running around like crazy they don't have the sense to seek out the medic. Either way, speed as a medic is good, IMO.

9. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Honestly, this "promoting teamwork" is bullshit. 90% of games people don't have mics, and people who play as healers don't heal, supporters don't use their damned ammo beacon...Oh, and then theres the supporters with ammo beacons that never place it down, BUT BUY AMMO. So then everyone is spending money on ammo. Once ressuply of ammo per type of gun per teamate= 800 total.(2 per person, normala nd heavy ammo) Think of how many time you would need to buy ammo when that ammo guy doesnt use his power. Thousands of waster shards, all because one teamate is a little dumbass.

10. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had some pretty good teamwork on the rounds I played and only two guys had a mic (I was one of those two, but I think my mic is not functioning very well all the time so I don't know if that would even count! It has the little indicator that I'm speaking but only some of the time so I think it cuts in and out....time to get a new one, I guess) I'd agree on the ammo drops thing though, especially during the round. I'd like to get a few good rounds of Escalation going with people on my friends list (most are from here) that I haven't been able to play with yet.

11. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'm on your list so if you see me on and wanna try Escalation, send me an invite. I have both a mic and a k'nect so that's two ways you should be able to hear me:thumbs2: 

12. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me! I have a Kinect too so maybe I should turn on the chat through that if my headset mic isn't working too well.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I was wondering how the Dinobots would work would five but now I know.

(And knowing is half the battle! TRANSFORMERS(tm))

I'm with those would would have liked to have a role and then pick from a selection of characters. My gripe is that now we have new problems. 1) People hate the characters with the shield. 2) People don't know how to use the class

Two maps in a row I was stuck with Onslaught (a medic? Seriously?) and in another some twit picked Perceptor but I had to put down my controller to fetch my headset just to tell the fool that he has to heal people. Another fool picked Bumblebee but never dropped any ammo, forcing me to spend my money pointlessly.

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I've got to agree here.

The most used character was Air Raid because he could fly and cloak followed by the other jets because moronic player wold fly to the top of Broken Hope and then get downed.

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I'm thankful that I ran into randoms that actually used their power ups (healing, ammo beacon, etc), and managed to get the Robotopossum Trophy for Ignition. :D 

Although there was a young player (1 of 2 using a mic) that kept on going down.

BTW. When playing Escalation...stay with your group, one person goes down, chain reaction starts because then everyone else gets overwhelmed trying to save you.

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I've played FoC Escalation, and I had lots of fun with it. It was hectic, it was exciting to face off against the horde and I helped my team out and we did well.

While I would love more character options/roles, I'm very happy with what I got

17. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have only been medic and turret guy so far but I want to try them all. How do you use the Flak shield guy? Is the enemy fire automatically drawn to that guy or do you just use it to get in front of your teammates? I thought the description said something about drawing fire.

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I've been the shield guy; generally, you stay in front of your teammates. Because you're the foremost target, the enemies go for you. Get your shield up to stall them so your team-mates can pick them off :) 

19. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    People need to learn how to play. It's annoying when no one drops ammo and no one heals. And on top of that, they think they can just go off to any location they please instead of staying in a group. -__-

First game of escalation I played was great. Made it to 15, everyone stayed together (or at least pairs of 2 at times) and used their abilities. Haven't had a game like that since.

20. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

THE GAME JUST CAME OUT! Wait and be paitent more will come. I'm completely happy with Foc escalation. And what they wanted to do was make it more team based and now it is.
    Having a healer a ammo guy a defensive turret and the brute really feels like they have forfilled they're hopes and mine.