Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in TLK

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    ....That's the final goodbye shot he's talking about. He's saying Crosshairs was nowhere to be seen the final battle.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I know I figured out what he meant after I posted my reply haha.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

prime is either delayed or incapacitated for a majority of the final battles:

tf1: arrives late to mission city after battling bonecrusher (this delay probably kills jazz)
    tf2: he's not revived until the very end
    tf3: while he arrives on time, shockwave nullifies his trailer for a most of the fight. shockwave also knocks prime off of the battlfield & into the cranes for a majority of the battle of chicago
    tf4: the piece of the knightship carrying prime, drift, & crosshairs is shot down by a trax & crashes away from battle, delaying their arrival
    tf5: technically speaking prime is here for this battle but he is nemesis prime briefly during the beginning..he also disappears without explanation until the charge into the chamber begins

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. BarricadeLives

tlk is the first film where cybertron makes an appearance without first appearing in a flashback

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When Submarine is submerged, the same scene from ROTF is played

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I think it's also possible, given that KSI made bots that strongly resembled Shockwave and Bumblebee, that Junkheap's robot modes were merely based on Cybertronians similar to the ones fighting during TLK's intro.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BarricadeLives

sideways is the only transformer shown to be killed while in vehicle mode

• Like Like x 5
  8. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

It appears in the sky in DotM tho

9. BarricadeLives

correct but in dotm we first see it in the opening of dotm during the cybertronian civil war which is considered a 'flashback' (same case for tf1 although its in a different manner)..in tlk when we see cybertron, it's all happening in 'real-time'...very obscure trivia, i know

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  10. BarricadeLives

the president of the united states is shown or referenced in every film

11. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Summary of movieverse Transformers biology as of TLK:

The spark as said by Optimus is the place where all memories and feelings of a Transformer lie. I wonder if the revival of Jetfire and Sentinel Prime by inserting things in the spark is why they were so confused with their surroundings because their memories were getting jogged.

Transformers can be killed by blowing their heads off or taking out the spark. Although I wonder....If their heads are taken out and their spark still remains. Then surely the memories and feelings of a Transformer are still there. Just not their sentience.

Transformers need Energon (which apparently is green), without it they oxidise and rust! TLK reveals another detail about how to stop Transformers from bleeding based on Cade and Izzy's conversation.

-Something to do with a Chrysler engine part of them in which you need the cauterize the artery from it and recentralize energon flow back through the 'do-hickey' thing.

Complicated surgery. :/

Anything else I missed?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

The submarine that falls off the underwater ship is in fact TRF's sub, not USS Alliance. This is because USS Alliance has an unmistakable front with big windows, and the sub that falls off the underwater ship as it reaches surface, does not have that front.

Also, I noticed that then Cogman walked the dog (the homeless dog mentioned in an article earlier), he had to spin 360 degrees as the dog's leach was twisted around him. I guess the dog had off screen run around Cogman. :p 

• Like Like x 5
  13. BarricadeLives

i guess with the whole galvatron angle being scrapped & i guess that means that was indeed megatron in aoe...megatron is the only decepticon that appears in every film...

..megatron is also the only transformer to have a different alt-mode in each of the 5 films...tlk is the first time since tf1 that megatron exclusively has a flying alt-mode. (soundwave also has a different alt-mode in his 2 bayverse appearances)

just for fun, bumblebee & barricade are the only transformers that debuted in the original film never to have been killed off....

..which means barricade joins megatron as the only 2 decepticons to have lived through the events of at least 3 films. barricade-1, 3, 5...megatron-2, 4, 5 & tlk is the first film where both of them survive...

megatron joins starscream as the only 2 decepticons to survive consecutive films (megatron 4, 5) starscream (1, 2) ...*barricade survives the events of 2 & 4 but does not appear in those films due to his habit of disappearing & reappearing randomly*

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  14. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Last Knight is the only Film Page with Continuity Notes on TFWiki.net. LOL
    Someone should update the Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon, and Age of Extinction pages. There is some Continuity in Each of the sequels. :D 
    Example:
    Megatron's body is in the laurentian abyss after being dumped there at the end of the First Movie.
    Starscream and to an lesser extent Scorponok return being the two out of three of the Decepticons that survive the events of the First Film. (Barricade is absent, returning in the following sequel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I like to think scorponok was just digging around in the sand for those two years.

• Like Like x 4
  16. BarricadeLives

rotf & dotm both feature surviving decepticons from the original film that randomly appear in the ending battles & kill an autobot (rotf-scorponock/jetfire is mortally wounded) (dotm-barricade/que)

17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The My Little Pony Movie from last year totally rips off TLK's final battle. The two sides fight over a powerful staff that is activated at the center of a throne room.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BarricadeLives

perhaps not surprisingly, bumblebee is the only transformer shown transforming into alt-mode in each of the 5 films

this is the first time since film 1 barricade is shown in alt-mode

full list of named transformers shown going into alt-mode:

Barricade-1, 5
    Blackout-1
    Bumblebee-1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    Crosshairs-5
    Drift-4, 5
    Frenzy-1
    Grimlock-4
    Hot Rod-5
    Ironhide-1
    Jazz-1
    Laserbeak-3
    Lockdown-4
    Megatron-1, 2, 4, 5
    Mohawk-5
    Mudflap-2
    Nitro Zeus-5
    Optimus Prime*-2, 4
    Ratchet-1
    Scorn-4
    Sentinel Prime-3
    Sideways-2
    Skids-2
    Slug-4
    Soundwave-3
    Starscream-1, 3
    Strafe-4

*-technically Optimus Prime is briefly shown going into alt-mode in film 1 but it's relatively minimal compared to other transformations & it's also when he first gets his truck mode so i left that out..you can technically count this one..i wouldn't mind...considering this...that would mean only bumblebee, drift, & megatron go into their alt modes in the first two films of their debut (with only drift & megatron going into different modes altogether)

Transformers shown going into alt-mode in multiple films:
    Barricade
    Bumblebee
    Drift
    Megatron
    Optimus Prime
    Starscream

pretty good symmetry between bots & cons!

Transformers whose first on-screen transformation is into alt-mode:
    Crosshairs
    Drift
    Grimlock
    Laserbeak
    Megatron
    Scorn
    Slug
    Strafe

(this also shows that no autobot from the ot's first transformation was going into alt mode as drift was the first autobot shown to do this..you can argue skids does as well but if you look closely to the left in shanghai when mudflap crashes, skids transforms out of the ice cream truck mode but it's mostly obscured..i included this as it is a full transformation unlike op & ironhide in film 1 when they get their vehicle modes)

combiners, which is technically an alt-mode...kept them separate just in case
    Devestator-2
    Dragonstorm-5
    Infernocus-5

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  19. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it safe to say that Stealth Force made a return in this movie with Bumblebee half-transforming to shoot Barricade?

• Like Like x 5
  20. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Stealth force would have been awesome to bring back in that scene. I just think it was a half transform to robot mode as his head popped out.

• Like Like x 1