Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 28, 2011.

1. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

Someone heimlich screams. (I hope i'm spelling it right.)

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

The Sound effect to which you are referring is called the "Wilhelm Scream"

I Realize they were "Exiled" alongside the Autobots... doesn't mean they couldn't have snuck away and stowed away in Epps' Car (they are, what? 1/14th the size of the other Autobots). My point was, the two robots climbed out of the back seat of Epps' Car having suddenly appeared there out of nowhere. Furthermore, Epps' Car was parked about fifteen feet to the left of where Bumblebee finishes transforming on the Train Tracks, At least fifty feet away from where the Wreckers were ripping apart the Decepticon Welcoming Committee and less than ten feet away from where Optimus Prime stated "We will kill them all!" All but bumblebee and Leadfoot had transformed at that point and They were far enough away from the car We would've seen Shemp and Curly-Joe-bot Scurrying into the back of Epps' Car for no reason.

I heard the Target-exclusive wrecker perfectly well (read my post), again, it doesn't mean Wheelie and Brains were with the rest of them

No shit. My point was that during an Eighteen hour trip (this is ,again, riding on the reasoning that because Tweedledeebot and Tweedledumbot were stowed away in the car with Epps and Sam, hence them climbing out of the back seat in Chicago) You'd expect our Skids and Mudlflap Replacments to not have stayed silent since they're talkative little bastards

3. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I didn't see the reference in the first post so I decided to put it. When Laserbeak is in copier mode, the tune coming from him is an 8-bit(at least I think) version of the original theme. IDK if it's 8-bit, but it's still the theme.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    You know, I never noticed that Dylan is in the foreground when Brains and Wheelie start raining the ships on the Autobots and Decepticons. Dylan is oddly static when everything else is either leaping into battle or fleeing for cover. Too much going on, I guess.

And I suppose one could now interpret that the Autobots only show up once Shockwave has been parachuted and crippled, just so the others could get him out of the way for the larger, firepower to show up. It was a strategy to get the big one down first.

5. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    You obviously need to watch the movie again, or, at least, that specific scene when the Autobots are exiled, because I'm pretty sure both Wheelie and Brains were seen contained in cages, and being transported to the Xanthium.

Not to mention, their lines:

"Sammy, listen to me. Don't let 'em exile us." - Wheelie
    "Don't let 'em take us, Sam." - Brains
    "It's a Decepticon trap." - Wheelie

It's quite obvious and clear they were exiled along with all of the other Autobots. No offense, but how someone could miss something so clear and simple is baffling to me, to say the least.

[​IMG]

6. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

They are technically climbing out of the Epps car but that's just because they were messing with it (maybe they smelled Sams sent on it) the passenger door swings open after having been shown to be closed in an earlier scene

Also, I actually have read every post in this thread and maybe nobody cares or knows, but I'm intrigued by whoever Dylan is talking to on the phone in the very beginning of the Chicago fight when he confirms Megatron driving up. Do we think thats just some lacky or his superior? or I am just missing someone obvious?

7. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Soundwave?

8. moylan55

Could be. Sentinel Prime? that's what drives me nuts it could be someone very important or someone not important at all. I just have to know for some reason.

9. Decepticons

News Credits:
    If it was Sentinel, Dylan could have just walked over and told him. Or Sentinel could have seen Megs driving up for himself, since he was right there on the side of the building the entire time.

10. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Use what many people these days have sadly stopped using: Your Imagination!

11. moylan55

Like i'm not. I pretend this stuff is real when I watch it. Anyways its more of wanting to know because it may be someone important to the plot moving forward or not. I'll stop now.

on another subject everyone keeps making up weird names for the four legged con(s) eviscerating people, but isn't that a Decepticon War Machine like you take down in WFC?

I guess I didn't realize they were all that close in proximity at that time. so who's your guess then?

12. Decepticons

News Credits:
    Probably one of his fellow conspirators.

13. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's clear that the little guys were shown to be caged and exiled with the others but there is an "error" with this scene anyway. Simmons himself says that 9 Autobots are being exiled doesn't he?

OP, Bee, Ratchet, Swipe, Dino, Que and 3 Wreckers. So did Simmons forget about Brains and Wheelie?

14. moylan55

Wow man way to really go out on a leap

15. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Maybe. Maybe not. Both of them were former Decepticons so it's possible he meant that as a chide against them when compared to the larger Autobots.

16. tonyformer

News Credits:
    No reason to be sarcastic about it. He's probably right. Dylan was for sure not the only one "at that time" working for/with the Cons. We see many people who obviously know about the Cons and probably deal with them at Dylan's mansion. So it is probably safe to say that Dylan was in fact talking to someone else, maybe even someone else on the Board of Executives for Accureta Systems. I'm sure many people on that Board were working with the Cons.

17. moylan55

I always wondered that too. I'm thinking he's not really counting them because they don't pose a real threat and really weren't the ones the government was exiling, but were just like tag alongs or something. Or it could be what Spartan said

18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I just think it was overlooked and not written into the script is all. Brains I could see, but Wheelie would have been an Autobot for a few years already by that point. He would have been included in Simmons numbers for sure. Like I said, I think it was just overlooked and an error on the writer or even Bay.

19. moylan55

Of course he's right thats why I was sarcastic. It almost has to be a fellow conspirator who else really could it be? I was looking for something more than that for a guess. A superior, a lacky, someone more ominous, etc. whatever I was attempting to create some dialog, but i guess people aren't interested.

20. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Lets try this again. Because I just replied and I re-read what I wrote in the last reply and it came off to me as I was being an ass. Not intended, so my second attempt :) 

If you want to keep conversation going, there is no need to be sarcastic. Just ask and most people here are plenty happy to better explain in more detail what they think.