Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Also when Sam is talkin to mearing when he is wearing the watch , jst before he puts his hand over the guys head , the plane behind them has N 4500X on it

2. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

You mean the "Road Armor" piece? That's also back on him when he returns to the nest base in the next scene.

3. sleter

sleter Well-Known Member

new Autobot tech : instant recovery :D 

4. Meggamus

Yep

5. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Just noticed more recycled footage, this time from ROTF.
    When the tomahawks fly into Chicago and just before they begin to destroy the Decepticon ships a guy in the control room says, "Target acquired". It's exactly the same scene from ROTF when the railgun locks onto Devastator.

6. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Anyone notice that, as sentinel leaves with the pillars, ironhides remains are gone?

7. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Maybe he completely rusted into dust and blew away?

Maybe Ratchet spent the time during Sentinel's rampage cleaning him up?

Maybe Unicron teleported him away in the confusion to ressurct him as the villain for TF4?

But really, considering how error prone Ironhide was in DOTM, it's likely just another error.

8. Meggamus

And there's a scene where a guy, either in the control room or an f22 says "Time on target: 20 Seconds" when you over looking the city jst befor the wingsuit men jump out
    I believe they used this on both of the other movies (it was definatly used in the first one , and bout 50% sure it was used in the second)

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Not that this was really a "hard to spot"-thing - more along the lines of an sudden realization on my part - , but just like Ironhide using the term "punk" in all three movies, Optimus says a line in all three films related to his oft-quoted "freedom is the right..."-speech.

Movie #1: "...but I've seen goodness in them. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You all know there's only one way to end this war..."

Movie #2: "Freedom is your right. If you make that request, we will honour it."

Movie #3: "You were the one who taught me freedom was everyone's right!"

To me, using variations on that quote or even tweaking "Autobots, transform and roll out!" to "Let's roll!" just helps lessen the blatant fan-wank. It's a nice nod, without completely laying on the cheese.

Again, I'm sure others noticed this, but it was something that suddenly dawned on me. :) 

10. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    in this scene from the film you can see sentinel prime I have drawn a circle around him here [​IMG]
    but in this trailer still he is nowhere to be seen
    [​IMG]

11. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

^^ Your second pic is a little on the small side...

12. Fifam94

Fifam94 Well-Known Member

In the first film, the scene where the F-22s lay down the smack on Blackout, there's a shot of the pilot pressing the trigger to fire his missiles. That shot actually shows the interior of an A-10 cockpit, not that of a Raptor.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    obiously for keep a secret his betrayal :p 

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Holy fuck.

When Sam kills Dylan and the Autobots and NEST rush to "GET THAT PILLAH DOWWWWWN!!!", you can see the Wreckers in the very very background as Ratchet and Bumblebee destroy the Control Pillar in slow-motion.

I also never noticed Leadfoot just barely makes it into the shot when the Wreckers are fighting basically every other Decepticon while the Autobots fight Sentinel ("We hafta covah for Optimus!!!").

Also, when the Autobots are fighting Sentinel, we see Ratchet trying to hit Sentinel, but he misses and flips away. Then Sentinel tries to stab Bumblebee, who then transforms and scoots back in vehicle mode. I didn't see, however, that Bumblebee transforms back to robot mode once he's clear of Sentinel's blade. 'Course, there's so much going on as everyone is engaging Sentinel, I don't blame you if you miss anything in this short scene. Besides, in the main focus of the shot, at the moment Sentinel tossed Sideswipe to the ground as it is.

In another thread, someone pointed out that Sentinel's shield actually forms the bottom of his vehicle mode. I watched again, and in the final fight between Optimus and Sentinel, Sentinel indeed does grab his shield and place it under him as he transforms to vehicle mode. When Optimus tackles him on the bridge, Sentinel pulls the shield out from under his torso as well.

15. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

actually, never noticed that either! good catch!

Edit: in regards to above (Chopperface's post) ... i just re-watched that autbots-vs-sentinel scene to see the Ratchet part. honestly, you're right, there is just SO much going on in that scene! first, people were noticing Bee's transform-and-drive-backwards move, so i was watching for that. then someone noticed Sideswipe jumping on Sentinel's shield, so i was watching for THAT. now i notice Ratchet is definetly in there too (albeit briefly) ... is he just "flipping away" though? looks like Sentinel got a good swing at him and sent him flying!!

16. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ratchet does that flip through the air because he gets nicked in the chest by Sentinels blade.

Also at the end of the shot Ratchet is back for a brief second shooting at Sentinel.

Theres a genericon behind them getting blown up.

and before Sideswipe jumps Sentinel he shoots a few rounds at him.

17. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    when carly and sam are arguing about going to dylans party outside there is a poster behind carly that is a spoof of an obama poster with waspinator on it

18. ironjazz

News Credits:
    watched that part again and could see it it looked like a green bumble bee head

19. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Pics or it didn't happen.

20. ironjazz

News Credits:
    watch the movie