Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in AOE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shockwavers, May 21, 2014.

1. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus prime

Ebay:
    I know it was a few pages back, but I had to comment.

It may have been mentioned before, but the weird gestalt Garbage Truck did just this. It dematerialized on the ground and then the particles flew up and rematerialized on a rooftop, so they can do this.

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

I saw one that jumped out at me:

When Yeager and Cemetery Wind guy are fighting/falling down the apartment block. Cemetery Wind guy rips an "air conditioner" unit out of the wall and you can see that there's no mounting hole there.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Also the Cadillac CTS in the chase scene disappears for quite a while, then gets to the KSI guy (I really don't care about their names) before the Audi?

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In regards to Transformers characters being named and interacted with:

1) Hound is called by name by every other Autobot (except Ratchet, obviously) in the movie at least once. He is also called by name by Cade, and references to his appearance are made by Joshua.

2) Crosshairs is called by name once, by Drift while inside the Knightship, right before he releases the tow cables.

3) Drift is never referred to by name in dialogue, but his name along with the other Autobots can be seen on the KSI data feed during the Galvatron chase.

4) Ratchet is mentioned three times - once by himself, once by Cade, and once by Optimus. Pretty good deal for someone who only appears in one scene- definitely drives the characters, which is good.

In previous movies, not all characters have gone named in the film proper, so this is something I like to pay attention to. I mean, for non-fans / casual fans, how are they supposed to know a character's name in advance?

Also, in regards to the playing cards, I definitely saw Que (crossed off) and Arcee (couldn't tell) underneath the obvious Ironhide.

5. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    A battered Prime transcanned a new form a instantly repaired himself completely.

When Galvatron transforms he does so to avoid being shot and the transformium moves in an unpredictable way but in HK they could have done the same vertically to reach rooftops in a second.

The Seed is a 'weapon' of the creators which no-one knew about prior to AOE. When Hound sees the Seed he all of a sudden knows that this was used for terraforming planets and creating transformium despite it being exclusive to the creators. There is no way Hound should know what it does.

6. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

He's talking about the scene where the gang is on top of the Chinese apartments and Galvatron tells the drones to climb... and they do, slowly, and tediously instead of just materializing on top.

Probably just an oversight so they could create more tension and make it feel like more was happening when it wasn't.

7. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

I think it could be momentum from transforming from the ground? Like jumping. I feel like (aside from Stingers first - very long transformation) those transformationsfollow that same sort of rule. Can move forward at speed if car was moving forward at speed etc..

8. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Junkheap......

9. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I may be wrong on this one, but I think they reused a scene from ROTF where they were putting Optimus' dead body on a plane to go the Egypt. But in this one, they replaced it with Galvatron where they first arrived in China.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee says hound?

11. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    I assume he meant all [talking] autobots

12. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

No Cade had already made the necessary repairs to get Prime back to a functioning level, Prime just upgrades himself from there the same way Bee does

His momemtum from truck form are what pushes his transformation forward imo. And there's no proof given, but i think those KSI transformations still have to follow some rules and wouldn't just be able to materialize that far way and vertically for that matter. At least there was no evidence that I saw that would lead me to believe they could do something like that

When exactly does he see it for the first time? when they meet up with Joshua in China? I think everyone knows what is and what it does by then

13. Bamond

Bamond Robbie Rotten's step brother.

News Credits:
    Idk if this was mentioned,scene when lockdown shoots optimus,the silver cars doors magically open/close a few times.

14. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    I think a shot of Attinger's plane was reused from a shot of Dylan's plane in DotM.

15. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    From what I got from the movie is the metal had to be pre-programmed with the different modes--they couldn't just turn it into whatever they wanted at will. Like you, I also thought it was just the momentum that made the cubes move forward as they rearranged. I never got the impression that even Galvatron could just fly around as cubes at will or transform into whatever he wanted.

16. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went thru pretty much the entire thread, didn't see anyone mention that THEY DROVE FROM BEIJING TO HONG KONG OVERNIGHT!!!!

And their pursuers followed them by car too! Did this not bother anyone else but me?! That distance is a three hour...FLIGHT! The equiviant of going from Las Vegas to Chicago. Even by train we're looking at 23 hours.

A crapload of other issues I already brought up in my original review, but that one irked me the most. Along with:
    -as the CIA’s searching for Optimus Prime inside the barn using flashlights, one of the agent’s still wearing his sunglasses. Let me repeat: USING FLASHLIGHTS. STILL WEARING HIS SUNGLASSES.

17. moylan55

Janitor movies create fictional universes. In most cases, especially big budget summer action flicks they're not supposed to be exact copies of our world. Do you think aliens really dumped some crazy metal all over our dinosaurs too?

agreed

18. SIDESW1PE

SIDESW1PE Well-Known Member

During the drone ship battle they used the same shot as when Starscream attacked the plane/helicopter things during the wing suit scene in DOTM but just replaced it with the drone ships.

19. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm...no. I never questioned any of the sci-fi aspects of it. Last I checked, places like Chicago, Texas, Hong Kong, etc. exist in our real world too. Pretty sure it wouldn't be acceptable for a character to take a cab from Philidelphia to California in a matter of seconds and have nobody notice.

FFS the name of this thread is "Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in AOE". You might as well go ahead and reply to every single error mentioned in this thread using your "logic" of fictional universes/wizards/whatever.

20. moylan55

but they even shot scenes in Chicago that were supposed to be taking place in Hong Kong in the movie. I get your point, but i'm just saying everything doesn't have to match up perfectly with our planets geography. Like in Dark Knight rises several real world cities collectively made up movie Gotham