Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in AOE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shockwavers, May 21, 2014.

1. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    You're right, Frasier reminds me of Unicron too, now that I think about it :D 

2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Gets what reference? Board member thinks dude in movie looks like Orson Welles... Orson Welles last role was in TFTM. Sounds like a coincidence to me.

Edit: oh we're talking about Frasier? Can't say I have ever thought he resembled Welles.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Think stinger getting thrown thru a Victoria secret truck meant anything?

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yes. that particular scene was paid for by Bud Light.

5. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Bay does do the Victoria's Secret fashion show, so that's why...

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I know. I was making a joke about the abundance of product placement.

7. Thenr2003

Thenr2003 Member

I think this was already mentioned but I'll say it anyways, during the final battle in the factory or whatever they were in, you could see at time the Willis Tower which is in Chicago.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    started a second time around thread not knowing this was here oh well heres what I put

ok just saw it a second time
    a couple of small continuity things and other little trivia things

There is a two headed Shockwave robot. I saw it twice. Once when Hound was on his back and it got in his face and then again after Lockdown dies.

When the British scientist is playing with the transforium and he has a my little pony then a gun the things are FAR from ever touching his hands, bad cgi there

his phone then goes off and it plays more than meets the eye theme

When Bumblebee changes from classic to newer Camaro Tessa and Jack are in the car freaking out as Bumblebee starts to change then it pans around the front of the new car no one is in the car then Tessa and Jack and magically inside of Bumblebee again

When Tessa is running away from the wolves on the cable they show a long shot of Tessa on the cables and there is NOTHING behind her then next shot wolves almost have her

The helicopter landing on Lockdowns ship to pick up the seed, no way in hell it could have flown into the ship like that the blades would have struck something if you look its like the cgi of the helicopter blades just went through the ship.

The garbage truck actually turns into three (or four) different robots

Bumblebee uses his own voice after shooting at Galvatron (upsidedown) and Galvatron transforms right past him and he says "What was that" then again the more obvious one as he is falling through the air he says "uh oh"

Because it is rated PG13 they can only use the F word once Tucci uses it on how to ask how do you say move the fuck out of the way in Chinese

Anything else you guys noticed the second time around

forgive me if I didn't notice these things the first time I had a kid with me and ya know how they can be

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I thought it said that too but upon watching the movie a second time it says CORA

10. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would of been the biggest plot twist ever :lol 

Everyone is battling it out, suddenly Shockwave arrives, Galvatron lets him know who he is Shockwaves looks at him and says

"I find your return to be very....Illogical" as he doesn't believe him, then the one true con has a full fledged battle with Galvatron before seeing that he is in fact Galvatron reborn xD

I can dream.

Edit: Also...1000 POSTS! WOOOOOO! xD

11. YanderePrime

YanderePrime Autobot

News Credits:
    During the scene in which Lockdown places Optimus in his cell aboard his ship, the camera cuts to one of the other cells, showing Grimlock in his own cell in robot mode.

He is shown right after Optimus tells Lockdown that he has desecrated the Knight Ship

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Bumblebee plays a John Goodman clip from The Big Lebowski when he is upset about Stinger being advertised as better than him. I believe the quote is "I'm totally calm." This is a reference to the fact that John Goodman is voicing Hound.

13. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    A few things I noticed:
    -When Crosshairs says "You fly, I'll shoot" it's a homage to when Mikaela says "I'll drive, you shoot"
    -When the tow truck pulls the sword out of Optimus Prime it's like when the tow truck pulled along Bumblebee in Transformers 1
    -Michael Bay is in the cab of the truck that Optimus and Bumblee burst through
    -It's only there for a second but during the Hong Kong battle the ice cream truck that Mudflap and Skids first were in Revenge of the Fallen is seen in the background

14. Niven5111

Niven5111 Active Member

When Bumblebee, Cade, and Shane are in the Stinger showroom, they reuse the shot of the radio twisting its dials and changing the station from the first movie.

15. MegaDong

MegaDong Member

It shows Grimlock in the cage when Lockdown chains Optimus in his prison

16. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    - One of "The Creators" (Quintessons?) had a hand that was shown in the beginning that looked ALOT like an organic version of one of The Fallen's hands. I could be wrong though.

- Drift's two swords can turn into either one whole sword or this weird scissor-sword thing.

- Autobot Drift also turns into the classic autobot Triple-Changer alternate modes of a car and a helicopter, like Springer and Sandstorm.

- When Grimlock Transforms, Drift quips: "I kinda thought he'd turn into a giant car..." A reference to how, in most continuities, a vast majority of the Autobots take on Automobile Alt-Modes.

17. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I didn't notice the scissor thing

18. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    I saw it during the part were he's jumping from the mountain after they first introduce him.

19. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Lockdown also called them (The knights) outcasts and scum.

20. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Potholes and goofs in AOE.

I don't know if we have an AOE specific thread for all the inconsistencies, plot holes, oversights etc so here is one.

Some less obvious ones.

Transcanning fixes all injuries except voices.
    Being a triple changer and having a helicopter mode is only useful in situations when you don't need it
    A lot of Hong Kong in the movie doesn't exist
    The spark gives life to all transformers except Galvatron who doesn't need one.
    Transformium can take any shape at any time but you still have to climb Hong Kong rooftops
    Despite no-one knowing about their creators they still know they terraformed planets