Error Card First Edition Prime Arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Psycho Grimlock, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Psycho Grimlock

Psycho Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope this is OK to post, and if not, mods, please delete, but I thought I'd like to hear from this place about an auction I current have running on an error card First Edition Transformers Prime Arcee.

The listing price was just a rough guess on my part as to her value. The only other First Edition error I've been able to find on eBay is a reversed First Edition logo. What do you all think?

2. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Only $300 for this?? A total steal.... I would SO buy this RIGHT NOW for $500, easily!!!! OMFG it says BUMBLEBEE! Gots to have it NOW!

3. turmoil

turmoil Banned

it's a cool find...however there is a very limited niche market for packaging errors...good luck with you sale however!

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

5. Psycho Grimlock

Ebay:
    There are plenty of mass-produced Transformers items that are the same size or smaller that sell for around the same price or even much more because they are limited runs. Add to that that Bumblebee is not even being produced in this wave, and it's more than just a "typical" error. This is almost certainly a literal one-of-a-kind piece.

The date code on the package is 22341. That means it was produced August 21 of this year and is not a leftover from the first series which came out last year and carried production codes of 12341 (I checked), putting their manufacture on August 22, 2011 (the day difference is due to leap year), so there shouldn't even BE a Bumblebee insert for the base at the factory, making it even more odd.

6. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Um homie, Bumblebee is indeed in that wave, or else the 10+ Bumblebees at TRU had some explaining to do. Plus he is in the current batch, which is what this is from.

Error cards do not add significant value to TF's. If that was the case my Generations Dirge that has error Decepticon symbols on his card, and on himself, would be worth a fortune, which it is not.

Do be mad at us, be mad a AFA which makes the standard.

This Bumble-Cee is worth 15 bucks.

7. Psycho Grimlock

Ebay:
    They're old stock. Check their dates. The currently shipping case is a Vehicon, Starsream, Arcee, and Terrorcon Cliffjumper.

I'm not mad at anyone, and AFA is every bit as subjective as anyone else's standard. They just happen to have the money and clout to get many people to agree with them, yet somehow AFA graded and priced items rarely sell for anything near their supposed value. There were collectors before AFA, (There was also a long time when Wizard Magazine had comic price lists that had a larger following than Overstreet.) and there are plenty of collectors who ignore AFA. Personally, I'm indifferent to them.

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I would've said it's an Arcee card, and a Bumblebee insert.

9. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Actually you are wrong about the Bumblebee... He and the regular Cliffjumper are the only FE Deluxes that were not picked up by TRU for their Holiday Exclusives. So the BBs you're apparently seeing are the RiD versions.

10. Psycho Grimlock

Ebay:
  11. Esteban

Esteban I run alone.

Nice find but there is not a big market for this in this hobby. Maybe star wars but not transformers. I collect mock ups but that's something totally different. Good luck on your sale but you don't have anything special.

12. Psycho Grimlock

Ebay:
    Thanks... I think. I call having an insert card from a different series figure something pretty special, but YMMV. I've seen quite a few error-carded Transformers garner big prices in the past and right now, TF Prime FE is still current, so it's just a matter of waiting. The new TF toys coming up look pretty crappy, so it's not going to take long for 'nostalgia' to set in for Prime FE. I'm not a speculator anyway, just a collector.

13. Esteban

Esteban I run alone.

I hope it sells for the price you want:)