Episode 8 Promo

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Torque, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, yeah, his name was Cliffjumper. Unless you think that animated itself.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cliffjumper was always going to die tho, and was reused as zombie and will be reused in flashbacks.

No 3D Model is a "Waste of money" because they can use it for whatever they want in the future, they didnt waste money by creating Cliffjumper or Skyquake, those two will get further use out of the models, they just won't be part of the main storyline.

3. Jericho

News Credits:
    Actually the zombie CJ had to be a new animation, considering he was half a body and had new colors added.

The main story line doesn't seem to have much going on right now, unless it's helping kids out with science projects and Prime and Arcee holding hands before they die. My point is there's no need for this slow build shit, they're doing it with GI JOe: A-Team and they did with Animated - only to have that be rushed at the end.

Enough with the let's slowly introduce guys, let's have Megatron be in stasis, just do the damn show. Let's have the bad guys concoct some massive universe owning weapon and the good guys stop them. No Agent Fowler, no drones, no scraplets, just Autobots vs. Decepticons.

4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    For crying out loud, it's only just started, they have nineteen more episodes to air and another season already heading into production.

5. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

true but cliff was meant to push the story and he was in more then one episode maybe not whole but more then one as for them reusing models all they can do is repaint and add minor cosmetic changes other wise you have to rerig the whole model not that it cant be done its just a pain in the ass.

anyway as the show progresses and gets a bigger budget well see how it goes

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wheeljack looks more badass than I expected. Let's hope that he still retains some of his mad scientist persona from G1.

7. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Sounds like a pretty shitty show you got in mind right there. Not to mention stupidly unrealistic because in no way they could get a big Autobot vs. Decepticon cast in CGI.

And no Cliffjumper wasn't completly new animation, editing the original still makes it much more easier than full new cgi.

8. Jericho

News Credits:
    It almost looks like they're making him a weird Drift/Wheeljack combo there.

9. Jericho

News Credits:
    How does that sound shitty? That's basically what G1 was, and it was good.

As for the cost of CGI, it's not my fault they decided to go that route rather than animation. Though the GI Joe people said they decided to CGI the vehicles because it was cheaper than animating them, so......

10. C Spray

C Spray ACTION FIGURE ADDICT!

AWESOME..Can't wait! WJ Rocks!

11. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    *G1

*good

pick one

12. Jericho

News Credits:
    Um. Okay. I'm sorry it's not up to your Animated standards.

13. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    You read my mine!

14. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    G1 wasn't good. G1 comics maybe but the show was really really bad, out of nearly 90 episodes I can only think of 6 that can be called "good".

G1 had no build up, no solid character development, bad animation for action, it wasn't good period. Having alot of characters in both sides doesn't mean quality, in fact it usually means it'll suck because they won't even know what to do with so many people.

And who said about CGI being your fault? Who said anything bad about CGI? If it wasn't in CGI TF Prime wouldn't look as awesome as it does.

15. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    4 screencaps - the 1st is from seibertron.com, anyone know what source this came from?
    Made the rest myself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know it's not much - but it's more than we have...

16. GiganticArm

GiganticArm Member

Wheeljack with SWORDS YAY!!!

17. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Armada,,,,

That's all I'm going to add to this right now.

We'll see if I'm right on Friday.

18. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    First thing I thought....looking at drift for a custom now....

19. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I don't really think that's a fully fair assessment, my friend. G1 wasn't really "bad", per se. It was just an American cartoon in the 1980s. For what it was, and when it came out, it was pretty good (decent at the very least). It was up to the standards that were set at that given time. Does it hold a candle to anything nowadays? Hell no. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that even the Unicron Trilogy is better than it by a long shot (go ahead and flame me if you want, I don't care). But, all things considered, I wouldn't call it "bad". It just hasn't aged well.

G1 has my unrelenting respect for setting the foundation for Transformers. But, I think it's pretty clear that every cartoon that's followed it is pretty much better in almost every aspect. Similar to how I respect the hell out of the original Super Mario Bros. and loved it as a child, but hate playing it now, because it's so damn primitive.

20. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

G1 was good for its time. But to rehash it would just be bland and uninspired.

In a previous post you said the last episode (Scrapheap) was pathetic. I have to disagree. Ep7 had some great writing in it that made it a really enjoyable episode. No, the plot wasn't based on a massively epic scale, but it doesn't always have to be.

I can't remember if they in fact said it was cheaper or not, but I do know that CGing vehicles in cartoons would be easier. Hand drawing a vehicle for a tv show can get really tedious. So in the long run it saves a lot of time. Fact a lot of hand drawn cartoons these days end up CGing their vehicles.