Episode 56 "Rebellion" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 12, 2013.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

You know it's weird that Megatron nor Optimus seemed surprised that Ultra Magnus was there despite neither one of them having any prior knowledge that he was on Earth.

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I'm just gonna go with 'Matrix did it!'; a bit of magic robot prime voodoo that totally slurped up the Forge's power and circled it through the dead guy to make a more awesome and not-dead guy :D 

Megs isn't really surprised by things; a whole swarm of Insecticons attacking his ship and a bunch of Starscream clones didn't give him much concern, LOL. He's the kind of guy to just roll with it.

As for Optimus, he's probably just: "Oh, you must have got here while I was dying, fair enough."

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought he sounded surprised when he addressed Ultra Magnus by "commander."

4. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

You know, sacrificing what was left of the Forge's power to revive Prime seems pretty acceptable. I mean, if it only had enough power left to revive a Prime, what hope did it have to revive a machine which fixes planets?

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That doesn't really explain anything but it made me laugh so I'll accept it. lol

6. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Just watched the ep and holy hell, OP has been hitting the gym hard man. It was a good ep overall, kept me glued to my computer screen for the full 22 minutes.

7. RaNzZz

RaNzZz Prime's Latest Recruit

Is it normal to watch the episode 4x today?

i mean wow i seriously loved the OP Upgrade, Its a good thing Optimus didnt give a Victorious Speech only the "welcome to earth Magnus line"

Again great episode love it. also what is this Autobits version next week? o_O 

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Based on this and the pat episode I had to add a lot to my TF Prime RPG character sheets. Predaking got tracking skills added. Optimus got one more level of Growth and Flight capabilities added.

I really need to make a character sheet for Magnus too, he seems to be a regular on the show now.

I wonder if he'll take to carrying the Forge of Solus Prime as a weapon. It may be out of power, but it's still a giant indestructible hammer!

9. Nako

Nako Well-Known Member

Great Episode, If only the actual Toys looked that cool. Oh well, My Cybertron Optimus Prime is close enough. Even with Optimus 2.0, the advantage is still in Megatron's favor. The Autobots still don't have a base or an energon supply.

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aint that the truth..The show magnus is just KICK ASS, while the toy is pretty weak. Show Optimus 2.0 is sick baddass..the toy does not give the same feeling.

All in all..It was an ok episode. When I seen prime in the hole at the beginning I got a bit pissed thinking, DAMMIT this is episode 4 and he is STILL IN THAT FREAKIN CAVE?!?!?!"

I thought the decps were a bit weak in this episode...for me..TFP Megatron is the baddest bot in the universe. Should have taken more than a single punch to take him out of the fight.

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think Smokescreen refused the upgrade and the Matrix used the Energy of the Matrix and the hammer to reformat Optimus.

Orion Pax was probably reformatted in a similar was when he stood before "Primus" and the Matrix is naturally a connection to him in a sense and the Forge is a 1st generation artifact charged and used by a 1st Generation Prime

I'm guessing the artefacts have a certain degree of their own power but my pet theory is something like Prima Sword (which may or may not be the same as the StarSaber) and the Forge and even Alpha-Trion's stylus may all work much like a wizards staff they function as "magical batteries" for the power they contain which is then later expressed during use.

So when Solas Prime used her hammer it was empowered through her and by her and that power remains in her - and as she's a creative force and essentially a Transformers Mother goddess figure (as well as being similar to the God Vulcan) so the hammers creative energy could have flowed through the open Matrix resulting in a direct reformating of Optimus Body.

I would just wonder though where did all the extra mass come from though ? and if it's part of him isn't it a bit creepy if he does give a part of his body to Ultra Magnus ?

I know it's not show accurate but I'd not mind a Hybrid Prime that is similar to Ultra Magnus but with an Optimus head and colours and maybe no shoulder towers but that includes the new jet pack.

Perrhaps that would work as a Nonshow Nemesis Prime Beast Hunters toy Magnus' wings and chest and Optimus shoulders and head - that could be rather cool?

12. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This episode was good, but im just so underwhelmed. Predaking went out like a chump, megs glt his butt kicked, shockwave started being epic and then fizzled out. And I was hoping smokescreen would actually take responsibility for fhe matrix and become the new prime, but that didnt happem. Smokescreen forced optimus to live. Which is a littel screwed up when you think about it. Also.alpha trio being dead kinda blows. :/ overall a kinda eh episode for me.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed.

Primus is a creator—he can do whatever he wants. The dude’s magic! While the Matrix may contain the Wisdom of the Primes, it is still the creation of Primus, an extension of him, his will.

He Transformed Orion Pax into the warrior he needed to be to carryout his will.

Perhaps, but I still think that Optimus still doesn’t fully understand the power of the Matrix, Allspark, Vector Sigma, etc—he was thrust into war the moment he became a Prime and has been fighting ever since. With records lost and his home and past destroyed, there wasn’t much for Optimus to go on.

But now that he has the ability to commune with Alpha Trion, who is now one with the Allspark, Optimus now has the means to access a long lost past. I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Alpha Trion.

The Matrix has the power to knock Unicron, a being as powerful as Primus and the entire 13, in to stasis, the ability to access Vector Sigma and the Allspark, as well as bring a Cybertronian at death’s door back to the living. There’s more to the Matrix than meets the eye:p 

Are you saying Solas Prime rebuilt Optimus? I don’t know about that. I still think the Matrix’s will to live (shown via his pulsating power when it presented itself before a suitable candidate) and Optimus’ refusal to accept death is what brought back Optimus, and one shouldn’t forget that Smokescreen refused his calling too.

There are so few Cybertronians left in the universe (even fewer on Earth), the survival of the Matrix is greater than any Cybertronian, the fate of Cybertron and perhaps the Universe depends on it. So long as Unicron lives, there must always be a Prime.

Why? Wouldn’t you have expected Smokescreen to transform into a larger new leader? It transformed tiny little Hot Rod into a larger Rodimus Prime back in ’86, I’m pretty sure many others did—I know I did. The Matrix can do whatever it wants:lol 

14. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Just saw this episode. So the entire arc was basically Orion Pax 2.0.

15. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with this as well. It was Prime Voodoo Magic!! :D 

I heard surprise/question in his voice when he said the word "commander" as well.

I think the Matrix is alive too. It only presents itself to someone that is worthy and as Optimus said neither he nor Smokescreen had a say in it. That leads me to believe it's very much aware and can determine who is worthy. After all, the spirits of the Primes live within the Matrix (or am I confusing continuities?).

I agree that Optimus refused to accept death as evidenced by (to me anyway) his hesitation and look on his face threw the whole conversation with Alpha Trion. Smokescreen did refuse his calling but I don't think he forced Optimus to live. Optimus wasn't ready and wanted to stay alive.

Smokescreen did the right thing for more than one reason. But I still hope another way is discovered later on to restore Cybertron.

16. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Is it just me or did Ultra Magnus sound a bit drunk at the start of the episode? Slurring his words like that XD

17. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    Pretty much. But they did a much better job this time around. Everything felt more "expensive"? Can I say that? Yeah. Expensive.

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, Magnus was probably just a little overcharged at the time. Might also help explain his poor performance against Megatron.

19. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great episode. Epic fight scenes.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I sometimes think that Optimus gets the knowledge he needs in the same sort of way the Autobots learn English super quick or Trinity learned how to fly a Helicopter (in the Matrix Movies) - and no not- from Yahoo.

If Magnus Rank is Commander does that mean Optimus is "Supreme Commander" and also "Prime" (or Prime Commander).

Or is Optimus "Commander" and Magnus is the lower rank of BattleField Commander (Leader in the Field) make you wonder what Springer is "Unit Commander?" he can hardly be "Team Commander".

Though if Optimus leads "Team Prime" (like the Commander in Chief's private staff and guard) who or what leads other teams - and did Ultra Magnus just get a promotion or a demotion in rank ?

Also did anyone else notice Ultra Magnus directed no real comments to Bumblebee.?

P.s.

I wonder when Magnus will use his shoulder rocket launchers ? and if he has swords in his arms too like Optimus does ?