Episode 56 "Rebellion" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 12, 2013.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm surprised Ultra Magnus didn't make a snappy comeback at Megatron when he was asked where Optimus was hiding. If I were Ultra Magnus, I would say, "I know where he is but I'm not telling you" to mess with Megatron

2. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well it appears Predaking was bridged straight into a blizzard. With wind chill + we can assume Ratchet picked the coldest place possible, I'm sure the temperature could be much colder than any of the previous artic expeditions.

The artic has massive temperature changes. On Antartica's fringe the temp can get up to 32*F and inland it can drop to -130*F. Add in the windchill and burrrrrrrr that's cold

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Genuinely exciting episode. Also, Prime's new mode looks a lot less awful than he does in toy version, in my opinion.

Now I'm actually slightly pissed off none of the toys look as good, because I'd totally buy an accurate representation. :lol  Green windows are easy to fix, but it seems only the cyberverse toy has a normal face...

Not going to delve into details of this episode, on how some things don't really make sense. I guess I've gotten used to it by now.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

It seems Prime viewers can be split up into 4 different groups.

People who love the series, are blind to any flaws in it and will scream bloody murder if anyone says one negative thing about it.

People who hate the series and most likely don't actually watch it.

People who initially liked the series but think it's been getting worse after the first season ended.

And me... am I the only one who initially hated this series and started liking it MORE after the first season ended?

It seems everyone else is either loving every episode or has more and more negative comments with each new episode. I feel like I'm the only one who has less negative things to say... well with the last two groups it's kind of up and down but that's the over all feel of it. There probably are others who agree with me but just don't post as often as others on this board or get drowned out by all the others on this board so I don't see them as much.

Oddly enough I can actually understand why some people don't like this episode even if I don't agree with it. Usually I'm like WTF? This episode you think is so great is boring as hell or this episode you think sucks was awesome! What's wrong with you? But this time... I actually see your point... I don't agree but at least I can see where you're coming from. Well not with the above quote, that guy I don't get at all but others have made very good arguments.

5. Azure

Azure Member

Is it me or did anyone feel like Jackie wasted a perfectly good opportunity to plant one of his trusty grenades on shockwaves back as he jumped off and bolted it with the others?

I mean Wave is bulky enough and only has 1 arm, doubt he could have reached it. It would have caused some serious damage but not killed him, I just thought that would have been epic to see Jackie being a sneaky smartass while leaving wave damaged but annoyed^_^

6. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

I kinda liked this episode, but I do hope e kinda get an explanation as to why n how OP is now Prime's Hulk!!

And I did have a giggle when Smokescreen turned up late! Hehe

7. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

There were some episodes that I really didn't like and they were mostly found in the first season. Then the episodes started to become interesting and even had me laughing. Season 2 is still the best. Then this. What a let down. Maybe it was the hype. I think it was because I started reading here. I never read nor posted regarding Prime. Only recently when I finally caught up.

Everyone knows what the cheesy parts were but I couldn't laugh. Fun because the series have yet again put SS back in his rightful place however old it gets. It's like a comfort zone or something. I was expecting more cons/bots out of commission permanently or temporarily. I actually wanted to see the autobots suffer due to the overwhelmingly odds they face. What happened? Something magically Hollywood happened.

I swear the entire 2nd season my 3 year old daughter was on the edge of her seat with every single episode. "Daddy, no. I don't like the what happened to the autobots. Noo. :(  " "More episodes please" "Next please." We started and finished season one last week. Season 2 in a few days. Then last week it dawned on me, now I have watch this weekly again. I think I'll be sticking with my previous method of letting the season finish and watch the entire thing on net flix or online.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Well then, when you put it that way I see your point... still don't agree... except about the Starscream thing... but I understand it was kind of dumb how quickly they resolved the issue with Darkmount. I still liked the episode though because bad ass new weapons and it didn't really seem that easy to do. It kinda looked like a suicide mission until Optimus showed up.

9. seali_me

Agreed with the weapons.

Hollywood Optimus. I like that. I can't wait to buy voyager Hollywood Optimus. Like this episode, his cool robot mode is overshadowed by the uninspiring cheesiness of his alt mode. I should have known when Hollywood Optimus (HO) started flying to the autobots rescue.

10. LordPrime

LordPrime Dark Lord

I probably should be pissed that Optimus came back and Smokescreen didn't become the next Prime as I hoped, but everything else was so epic I'm willing to overlook it...for now.

Loved how the Autobots dealt with Predaking. He's nothing more than a big, dumb animal, and went out like one. Although considering the movie concluding the series is named "Predacons Rising", he might return. Unless more Predacons are coming...?

Shockwave. Is. A Boss. Dropping down several thousand heights from the top of Darkmount to ground level, taking down Bulkhead and Wheeljack with just one blaster shot, and that unflinching slow walk into the space bridge as Darkmount is collapsing. Bad. Ass.

I wonder where Team Prime are gonna be staying; their base in Jasper's still destroyed. Maybe they can stay in the military base for now?

And am I the only one who thought Megatron's refusal to retreat was a take that at G1's infamous "DECEPTICONS, RETREEEEEEAAATT!!!"?

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

oh i like the series. lol it is just that ending felt a little rushed. almost as if they were planning to spread this out, but then they learned during writing that they were only getting 13 episodes *or what ever it is* so they decided to change it, because they had other stories they wanted to tell, and loose ends to tighten.

i understand WHY they did it. but it just felt cheesy. lol but it was still a fun episode.

12. seali_me

Exactly this guy ^ gets it. Rushed. Completely.

I love the series as well. The wife had a hard time pulling both of us off Netflix for two weeks. Tantrums from my daughter and a little pout from me and everything.

13. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, and now that he has his upgrade, he'll probably need a permanent trailer... y'know, one that doesn't disappear after he transforms. :lol 

And cybertronian brass knuckles, those things are badass!

jD001

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The questions now to ask is

Smokescreen-Prime Toy Fiction only or is Smokimus Prime just been delayed I wonder what they will call him - HotZone ( I have a feeling he'll get upgraded but he won't accept the name of Prime while Optimus lives - but this may be a Japanese toy fiction only thing ?
    Unicron returns - Yes or no ?
    More Predacons to come and will they ever say if there's any link between Shockwave and Airachnid or Shockwave and the Insecticons ?

Strange how Optimus had not much to say about his Resurrection and their Omega Lock problem - perhaps next episode ?

I assume we have a very very long wait now for the next batch of eps ?

Oh and I think I saw some reused Animation the miner cutting the chunk of the Energon crystal was seemingly identical (or at least really similar) to the episode when Wheeljack blows the cave up.

No KnockOut this episode.

15. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Really really loved the episode. More action... less talk. I feel like watching all 4 episodes back-to-back to enjoy a full length movie.

Speaking of movies, who else felt the ending like Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi when the Sky Strikers attacked Darkmount?

16. omnomtimus

omnomtimus decepticon

News Credits:
    New episode in a nutshell...
    Narrator: Smokescreen has reused some of Optimus's parts along with some other new parts and has reconstructed another Optimus and renamed him New Optimus.
    *New optimus shows up*
    New Optimus: ...it's been awhile.
    *pause*
    Autobots & Humans: Yay yeah woohoo!

17. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    omnomtimus, nice one, but you missed that part: Optimus appeared, the Decepticons blew themselves up, the scum rejoiced.
    I'd rather replaced "pause" with this part.

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

This was easily the best episode of the entire Prime series.Fantastic.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Amusing that 'The Sky Strikers' share a name with a Gi Joe jet.
    Makes me want another Dreadwing repaint though in "USA Airforce deco" Notice the place they were taking off from is the same place they stole the power source from in a previous year and where Nemesis Prime went bonkers at they like that location they've used it loads of times.

I was glancing at The new Ultra Magnus toy with it's Jet pack I wonder if he gets given it as an apology for loosing his vehicle at some point ? or if they design another and Optmus also flys at the same time i'm also curious if both or either of them can fly in vehicle mode as well ?

I'll be interested to see if the share stuff or he gets a copy.

I also notice that the big lump Optimus has on his back (wings retracted backpack) is identical to the shield the Cyberverse toy has suggesting the backpack has multiple modes including wings and shield modes.

I wonder if the gattling gun also transforms to launchers and engine pods or if they are separate pieces ?

20. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Woaaah, that episode was \m/ RAD \m/
    Gimme more of it.

Magnus "You look... robust" :lol 

I genuinely nearly had tears of happiness in my eyes toward the end :D 

Loved Prime pulling a Terminator on them :D