Episode 56 "Rebellion" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

Yeah, I can't really figure him out right now -- Megs is going to lose patience with him and he knows it.. yet, he likes power and being one if the "higher ups" if not the head....

Me too. :)  I love that the whole thing (to "pass on" or not) was changed by Smokescreen's quick thinking.

2. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

It feels like they mashed a whole bunch of ideas together and tried to find a way to make them work.

I loved Optimus' return, and his Optimal Optimus vibe, but it felt a little rushed and just kind of crammed in there. I sure hope more actual weapons show up, since I enjoyed seeing varied weaponry that did more than shoot little "pew pew" lasers. That cannon Bulkhead had fired the projectile his standard weapon should normally fire, Bee's shield was cool, and I can't forget that badass whip Wheeljack had. I didn't catch what Arcee was using though...

3. Prowl1997

Prowl1997 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    why couldn't they have killed prime off for a couple episodes

4. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    arcee was using some sort of laser beam instead of the pew pew lazers.

5. Grim Tickler

Grim Tickler Banned

6. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

Loved Shockwave kicking ass (and then *still* kicking ass even afterwards), but that was about it. Predaking was more or less just...there. And yet somehow they froze him? They freaking FROZE him? That's all?

I honestly thought we were going to have a fakeout here at first, and the new Optimus would actually be Smokescreen (who we hadn't seen at that point) with Optimus' voice. But no, instead we get a doomed Cybertron all over again, Smokescreen showing up when everything's over, and the Decepticons at a massive disadvantage in that they just got their rears handed to them, all over *again*.

I'm also getting really tired of intelligent characters getting reduced to idiots because "the plot says so". Soundwave outright points out "something's wrong" and Starscream still sends a huge chunk of their fleet just over there. And on the other end...somehow the world doesn't know THERE ARE GIANT FRIGGIN ROBOTS WAGING WAR ON THEIR PLANET RIGHT NOW? Are you seriously telling me a giant friggin beam hits the planet, creates a giant tower, military forces mobilize, and nobody reports on this? The media knows nothing? Heck Vehicon corpses everywhere was bad enough.

It's constantly annoying how a show with such awesome moments and the occasional solid, well rounded character can just do so much stupid. And I am SO waiting for someone to throw out the G1 cartoon as a counterargument so I can just tell them to stick it.

7. Grim Tickler

Grim Tickler Banned

That's old

8. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    because then they'd have broken their "anybody who dies stays dead" promise and the bishing would be heard around the world.

9. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *insert bitchfest here!* j/k.

I totally agree, and I would be even more furious if it weren't for the season being considerably shorter than the two that came before it. While 4 episodes is a short time for the Decepticons to lose the WHOLE DAMN TOWER, it's still pretty understandable, since there is now so much more that can happen this season. Although some plot lines (prime going offline, Ratchet still being angry over CYbertron's loss and a new prime) should have been left to be fleshed out a bit.

Once I saw the flying thing coming for New Kaon, I facepalmed...part of me is sad to let the old Optimus Design go and now he's frigging huge! Only plus I can see on this is that now MEgatron's voyager figure has an excuse to be smaller than all voyager Optimus molds. This and the fact that the forge didn't have to be SWUNG onto Prime were saddening...

Same on Predaking as well--he's 0-2 without doing ANYTHING. Gets run into a mountain and now permafrozen. We've seen that cybertronians can't handle the extreme cold, so I don't see how the Decepticons wil be able to retrieve him...although Shockwave might find a way. He seemed pissed, but he was badass this ep.

All valid points, this show missed a lot of chances toy wise for figures. Nemesis playset alone would have been epic, but even if scaled down, would haveto be pretty huge considering how big the driller, wheeljack's ship and that smokescreen thing are. Not to mention obvious repaints/remolds like Tailgate...

10. Eyescream

Eyescream Nothingman

As has been mentioned, it seemed sort of rushed...I didn't expect Optimus to come back and immediately whoop everybody's ass, nor did I expect Darkmount to fall so quickly. Deliberate "G.I. Joe" nod or not, "Skystrikers" made me smile. And I've had Metallica running through my head ever since Starscream gave his armada the order to "seek and destroy."

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless I missed the part where they explained that the matrix can act on its own and subconsciously make the wearer fix themselves, I don't.

Sure would be nice if the show actually explained it rather than fans having to make things up!

12. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    You know, I think they may have had to change Optimus' design due to the fact that they're using his old model as a base for Magnus.

At least now I can forget that Magnus is an Optimus re-do. If they hadn't changed it, that fact would've been in your face whenever the two of them stood close to each other.

13. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same, seeing Shockwave just leap off the tower and one blast Wheeljack and Bulkhead was awesome. Kind of sad that Bumblebee could just run him over though lol.

Again, same here. Starscream's a constant ass that can't do anything right. He's too busy trying to be second in command that he doesn't realize he's risking the very job he seeks to keep. Soundwave should always be listened to, but...plot I guess. I'm not so much angry at the show as I am what they've done with Starscream never learning from his mistakes, especially since he's had an ep and a whole season where he did learn about them.

As for the media thing, Fowler's usual government coverups seals the deal. I definitely thought this season would bring the revelation that there are aliens on the planet, but nope. Once I heard Fowler's 'meteor impact' excuse, I was annoyed, but I mean...at least it's a reason...I guess. What's worse is that the surrounding towns in Nevada have nothing to say...and here I was hoping we'd see Vogel again. 'Aliens!!!'

I'm with you on that...season 2s first appearance of Airachinid in front of Arcee sold me on the inconsistency and where I gave up hope. I'd bring up G1, but that would be implying it had awesome moments and any character development at all...which would be lying.

14. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    as long as It's believable it's fine with me c:

15. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

I think you are on to something. Kudos.

16. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Plenty of old school nods that didn't feel tacked on.

17. ericepy

ericepy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I caught it the second time

18. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    OMG! WHAT AN EPISODE! Optimus obviously didn't get as big as I expected him to, but man! What a ride!

Loved Optimus' second time of saying: "Megatron, BE GONE!" before opening a can of whoop ass on him! ALL THE YES

Poor Smokescreen missed the show. XD That was a classic "Awww, I missed it!" that made laugh.

While I'm not surprised Predaking got sent to the Arctic like what happened to the Scraplets, I am hoping that somehow he'll no doubt be back. I don't think they're willing to keep someone that dangerous out of the picture for very long.

All in all, a GREAT episode!

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *peaks in.. sees expected bitching over an otherwise freakin amazing piece of Transformers television... Steps right back out*

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus looked so sad when he was leaving with A3 :(