Episode 56 "Rebellion" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Completely agree.

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Although I do like Prime Magnus, I have to admit it did feel satisfying seeing him being dominated by Megatron.

"You're no Optimus Prime".

3. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

That part was so lulzy.

4. ericepy

ericepy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who do you think bridged shock wave?

5. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    um, it was soundwave, he asked soundwave to bridge him lol.

6. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Hrmmm. I guess.

:/ Where's the fanfiction where new Prime pontificates Smokscreen to death? I may have to make it myself.

I... actually don't like Ratchet having evolved THAT quickly after his big putdown of Optimus for destroying the Omega lock. But... I always remember the series about to end and it can't be helped. *sigh*

Yup. What's the "Rise of the Predacons" without a Predaking?

Yes. He did. Which is why his fight ultimately ending in him being run over by retreating Autobots was so hilarious! Did not see it coming! :lol 

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was a bit disappointed that Jackie didn't leave his usual Wrecker business call on Shockwave as he ran over him.

Other than that, I thought the episode was great. It feels good to see the Bots win one once in a while.

8. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok Im gonna go out on a limb here and call this the best episode so far this season! Optimus was awesome this episode though I wonder if hes gonna be mad at smokescreen for reviving him.

9. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

With the loss of Cybertron, the autobot race truly is doomed. There will always be more Primes as long as the matrix exists...but for the time for Cybertron to heal itself will now most definitely exceed the time Transformers even remain a species.

I don't agree with Smokescreen's decision, but I do understand why he did what he did.

Also, I really liked the character development for Starscream, he is steadily growing more competent again.

10. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

Predaking will definitely make it back into the game...it's not like the Decepticons can't retrieve him. He is still pulsing an signal.

11. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

I agree!! FANTASTIC EPISODE!!!! Some really funny moments too. I'm so glad that Optimus didn't die -- and I don't think any Autobot will be upset with Smokescreen for saving him. They need him more than they needed the Forge. Even Optimus hesitated when A3 welcomed him into the All Spark.

I think there is still much to do here:

- find other ways to repair Cybertron
    - find out what A3 *might* have told Optimus
    - Smokescreen has the right "spark" to be chosen by the Matrix in the future. he's really grown in these past episodes, and I think he will be far closer to Optimus after this. Will be cool to watch
    - might Megatron unleash Aerachnid on the Autobots, even though she is a loose cannon?
    - Shockwave can certainly thaw out Predaking
    - I'm surprised that ordinary humans haven't figured out that something strange is going on....
    - maybe there is a way to recharge the Forge??

...Wheeljack's lightning whip, Shockwave leaping down Darkmount, Meg's comment to UM "You're no Optimus Prime," flying Badass Optimus = sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to watch the comments next week

12. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

The raw materials probably came from Iron ore and other metals in the rocks surrounding Prime. Also, the Forge had a direct link to the Matrix so that explains the massive explosion. That much Prime Power probably sucked every mineral out of the remaining rocks.

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I'm watching it now...
    And
    I lol'd so hard at "I can't deal with it now"

14. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

One other thing. What is Starscream planning? He's progressing nicely in character yet, I don't think his change is because he sincerely wants to be loyal to Megatron. It's making him a much more scarier character as a whole.

15. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

Optimus looked so sad at the point where Alpha Trion was calling him to be one with the AllSpark. Despite what he was saying that he was ready to join. I wanted to reach out and give the Big Guy a hug. :( 

16. Ultramax Primus

Ultramax Primus Well-Known Member

Glad to have Optimus back and flying was such an added bonus! Megs is probably scared now.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Are you fucking serious?! New Kaon/Darkmount destroyed already; Team Prime is back together, with Optimus back in command, too; the whole Smokescreen Prime thing gets IMMEDIATELY tossed out the window (he doesn't even actually rebuild Optimus); same with Ratchet's potential of putting restoring Cybertron in front of everything else. Blargh. I'm not trying to be a "hater" here, but this episode was just plain terrible. Even the Megatron vs Optimus air battle, which should've been amazing, was just dull; nothing but Megatron chasing OP going "pew pew" until Prime punches him. Gah.

I seriously hope Predaking isn't permanently frozen.

And please, do not quote my post starting a bitch-fest about how I simultaneously should stop watching because "you hate it" and keep watching because "you don't know if they're leading up to something"...

EDIT: On a completely different note, I can't help but notice just how many missed toy opportunities this show has. Jet Vehicons (and the Armada repaint), the Miners, Insecticons, the Nemesis, UM's spaceship, the various weapons the Autobots have, and so on.

18. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    This episode was alright. But I thought it was kind of dumb they way the handled Predaking. Shockwave however was pretty awesome. He was the only con so far able to take a stand against the Autobots and not take a betting. Which is good because I just got his figure to day. :D 

19. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

On the contrary, I quote to suggest you read spoiler reviews. That way your feelings that many of us felt can get out of your system by the time the episodes airs and with luck... you can enjoy the visual and dialogue parts of the episode without getting caught up in its infuriating change back to status quo.

20. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So no new episode next Friday? Awww.

I liked hearing Ultra Magnus drop a "can't deal with that" line.

Predaking freezing was lame. He can't stay that way forever though.

Optimus' new toy being brought in was pretty awesome. Finally Team Prime has a flier now.

The Vehicons standing in awe of Optimus 2.0 when they're supposed to hold the Autobots captive and the 'Bots taking advantage of that was funny.

For some reason I liked Fowler's salute to the Autobots at the end.

3.5/5, good.