Episode 53 "Darkmount, NV" Discusion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...are you seriously picking apart this scene?:inquisiti 

You're cool with Arcee hiding behind the pump expelling gasoline? I don't think Arcee is dangerous, but surely her spark and gun arm are giving of some sort of power that can't be good near highly flammable areas.

What if he didn't say that and your children wanted to go? Would you have said no? I would have taken my children to see it regardless of what Michael Bay said if they wanted to see it, but that's just me.

I think it is awesome that the Stasis pod worked better than most thought it would--Optimus should have ducked behind it:lol 

What was wrong with it? The bridge never closed down after he left--Ratchet left it open...

Why's that?

He didn't call anyone. He sent an e-mail, but whatever:p 

[​IMG]

Doubtful--if it had, we'd be talking about that;) 

Singapore is rerunning the episodes until the rest of the world catches up most likely.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Nononononononoononono NO!

3. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    *creepy smile.*

4. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I loved the episode. I found it great for a seaosn opener and loved how it tied into the last episode of last season. They did a great job of showing a bit of everyone and it felt nicely paced. I love Bumblebees new paint job and also for the people complaining about the phone call. Im sure most young teens would be worried all alone half way across the country and would make the same mistake of calling there mother even for a second.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  5. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

I thought Wheeljack was being portrayed as more of a Drift-like character. Although we have heard a few passing remarks to Wheeljack being handy like repairing his ship, etc.

Now, on a different note.... what exactly did Optimus mean when he said. "No. No hope"?
    Was he stating that he had lost hope, there was no hope for himself, no hope in finding Ratchet?

6. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I bolded the part I'm responding to.

He did not make a call, all he did was send a short text message. Most adults don't consider how easy it is to track a cell phone, especially not when they don't make a habit of hiding from others. Like he said "One little text message, it can't hurt." Unfortunately he turned out to be wrong when Soundwave was waiting for something like that. He was trying to make sure his mother (a person he is supposed to be close to) was all right and ease her mind about his own safety, not send out for freaking pizza. It the whole road to Hell scenario, and he wound up walkin' it. (In all honesty I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on this subject with the next episode, so don't think I don't know where this is going.)

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Seriously? I have to close a thread discussion thread to clean it up?

TALK ABOUT THE EPISODE NOW. NOT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE THREAD, NOT WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN PAST THREADS. ONLY WARNING.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  8. Alpha Orsus

Alpha Orsus a Soundwave for Autobots

I've been wondering this too.... Optimus never gives up hope for the Autobots...my guess is that he was talking about himself, perhaps in order to convince SS to take on the role he has in mind...(?)....

9. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    ahem, well then. I really liked the episode. There were some small things I saw that some people might gripe a little bit over but nothing big. It had good pace an was pretty tame in what happened. Pretty much a great episode leading into the season. Jack messing up isn't really odd, He's really close to his mother an knew she was worried about him and he probably didn't expect That The Brilliant master of portals called soundwave would be able to single out a text. The reason the vehicons were able to get to were jack and arcee so fast can also be explained by said portal master. I really loved this episode c:

10. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Between the unnecessary toilet humor and Devastator's.."genitals" it would've been an easy decline. The youngest one always falls asleep by the middle of a film anyway.

Besides a trip to Gamestop for the new game or a trip to Dorney Park or Great Adventure that Summer and they wouldn't have given that crappy film a second thought.

11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Well they both carry swords and since Springer is an actual Wrecker it's safe to say that it's his portrayal being used more so than Drift's.

Either way TF Prime's version of Wheeljack is a huge disappointment as are most characters on that show.

12. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I thought the episode was fine considering it was more meant to transition from the season 2 finale. Like I said I only had one major complaint and that has more to do with story direction than a mistake. I do have a minor one that Darkmount seems too small, but I digress.

Raf and Bumblebee's section was cute, though I couldnt help but notice Raf was hoping out of Bee's driver's seat when they stopped. :giggle: And I must admit, Smokescreen has grown on me. At first I did not like the guy, but he's cool, even if he still gets way too much mileage outta that phase shifter.

One question, why wasn't Megatron more surprised to find the Forge in the Autobot base? Did he just assume something like what happened happened, or is this just him getting antsy over being so close to victory? And does anyone else think Laserbeak is about to be replaced by Ravage, like in Soundwave's Beast Hunters toy?

13. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

From what we've seen from him so far, his take on the obligatory "logistic" shockwave is awesome. I also can't wait to see the interaction between him and starscream, considering that shocky probably came out of the portal on the cybertron side when last we saw him, (I previously presumed he was dead) meaning screamer left him on cybertron to rot.

14. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Thoughts:
    1. My never ending amusement at Prime Starscream's body language. :)  And how I just love the job the computer team with this series characters.

2. Return of recurring thought since last season of "Optimus is an idiot for not leaving a bomb behind to destroy the bridge instead of sticking around" upon viewing of his body.

3. I am LOVING Bumblebee's new paint job.

4. It's odd that Jack is more irresponsible then Miko.

5. Hoping for more amusing Starscream and Megatron interactions (like in this episode) in the future. And poor silent Soundwave as witness to it is always an added treat. Hope to see more Knock Out interactions with characters.

6. Laserbeak = Decepta TV XDDDD

7. Shockwave is so badass looking and promising as a character by looks alone that I could care less about the upcomming Ultra Magnus in the preview.

15. sh002

sh002 Banned

1 minute download. Nice.

16. BeeIsMyHero

BeeIsMyHero Active Member

If Shockwave is going to be giving that feeling of pure evil for now on, Megatron might want to up his evil meter.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh! You’ve got some really little ones. I can understand your concern—I was a little pissed my wife let our five year old (who was three at the time) watch the first live-action movie and RotF for the very reasons you just pointed out. Michael Bay and is ever important T&A shots are really unnecessary. Skids and Mudflap’s potty mouths didn’t help much either.

He was a bit surprised they managed to make that materialize, but he was more interested in finding the Autobots, which is understandable—snuff out their light before they have a chance to bounce back;) 

He can ask how and why later, but did it really matter? It was in his possession now, and that’s all that matters—he’ll probably blow his top once he finds out it’s gone again though:lol 

I wouldn’t mind—I have no attachments to this incarnation of Lazerbeak:/ Ravage would be cool, but I don’t think he’ll be as beneficial to Soundwave as Lazerbeak is—Lazerbeak’s his wingman!:lol 

Starscream does seem to be uncomfortable around him, but I don’t think Starscream will cower in his presence for very long—he doesn’t appear to be a fighter, but an oversized Cybertronian who’s quite impassive—Megatron didn’t replace Starscream for a reason. He made a point to say that Shockwave is in charge of their science operations and that he reports to no one, but himself—if Shockwave were a capable combatant or a brilliant military strategist, Megatron would have replaced Starscream completely, but that isn’t the case. Shockwave’s only good at one thing, and that’s science.

I just think Starscream’s seriously itching to prove himself. He knows this is the last straw, and he doesn’t want to f’ it up—one miss step will end him. And the sins of his past are quickly catching up. It doesn’t really matter what he does now, he still has to answer for them.

What feeling? He’s impassive. There’s no temper in his voice.
    I'd be amazed if he could really fight at all--I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

18. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    don't know if you've seen the 2 & 3rd episode from Singapore yet, but assuming you haven't you won't be disappointed by their interaction, the tfp writers have nailed shockwave, imo he's pretty much a perfect iteration of old shockie.

19. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I loved that vibe we got of Shockwave even though they never even showed him. Just his presence seems evil and twisted. Just the sight of him sent chills up the 'Con's chasis.

That's how I like my Shockwave.

20. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

Wait, shockwave was appointed co-2nd in command? I've only seen the first episode, but otherwise very true. Though in Out of the Past he seemed like a good fighter, just somewhat passive aggressive. That was just my take on it. Either way, I can't wait.

Also very true. He also seems to realize that Shockwave being there is not exactly beneficial to his goals, whatever they may be.

I have not seen 2 and 3, but at least now I definitely have at least one character to look forward to :D