Episode 52 "Darkest Hour" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Jumping Cliffs

Jumping Cliffs Active Member

May that arm be the arm of the Prime that OP sliced off of Megs?

2. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    loved this scene
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and this one
    [​IMG]

3. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Oh! Forgot to say I loved Starscream in this episode as well. He seemed genuinely angry at the idea of Cybertron being gone. Him hitting Knockout who seemed to take it in stride, Starscream punched him. And I loved it!

Too bad we didn't get a sneak peek of some of those Beast Hunters. That would have been an excellent way to end it. ;) 

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Great post, and agreed.

That moment with Ratchet was just incredible. There was so much emotion and I felt so... sad for him. Obviously Optimus' decision tore at Prime himself too and he hated making it, but seeing Ratchet's reaction when he heard that in his absence the Autobots had gone and destroyed the last hope for Cybertron...
    Ratchet had always been the one least attached to Earth... always hoping and dreaming for the return to his home planet... then they had it in their grasp... and all of it was shattered. And he wasn't even there.
    He was so devastated, and the scene was perfect. Ratchet's truly my favorite Autobot in the show.

I totally agree also with the limited cast... the characterization is fantastic. I wouldn't change the format at all, not counting adding in or removing a character here and there as the story sees fit of course.

And I wouldn't have said that Prime was the best TF show a couple days ago, as I thought that Animated and Beast Wars were both a notch above, but after watching the entire marathon and experiencing that wonder of a finale, I came to appreciate the extreme amount of work gone into producing this show. There have been some amazing storylines, awesome animation, beautiful characterization, and just so much into it. After the marathon was over I wanted to do it all over again.

Now I'd say the show is on par with Animated and Beast Wars, and for sure it's an outstanding accomplishment and an addition to the Transformers franchise that's worth being proud of. A big thanks as well to everyone who has contributed towards making what it is, and I hope it only gets better. :) 

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I really don't know how to feel about this finale. I think I'm gearing similarly towards it as I did for the Dark Knight Rises: it was certainly an ending, carried with reasonably aplomb but I don't know if I liked it. Though I will say this; the status quo I've been annoyed with, very much changed.

I do know that I liked Ratchet getting upset that his home has been condemned to remain a dead world. I was honestly moved by his tone when he asks 'What about my home?'

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    That was pretty epic. Actually when Megatron said "Decepticons.....", I was immediately anticipating the line, and when I saw it I smiled. That was awesome.
    Oh yes, Starscream was great. After that moment he was so badass.

7. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Any possibility of miraculous recovering of the Energon Formula (after all the data from the cylinder weren´t destroyed, but sent to Space; maybe an Earth satellite received the transmission)?

8. Majestic

Majestic Majie

Okay, watched it last night but didn't get online- I haven't read all the comments so I'm sure I'll state things that've already been said twelve+ times.

I want to know why Bulkhead didn't use the immobilizer on the cons when they were threatening the kids- seemed like he had the opportunity while they were tossing the relics in a pile to activate it and "freeze" the lot of them, then break off their hands holding those containment pods.

I was glad to see Megatron loose the stolen arm, I've been expecting Optimus to cut that off for a while now.

Ratchet's anger and feeling like Optimus betrayed their species was reasonable, but I hope when they said that in season three people(implying good and bad) will switch sides they didn't mean him. Still hoping they're as yet not introduced.

Nice to see Wheeljack even if it was brief- and I don't think he's really dead, probably hurting bad, but I think he's probably survived worse.

I was pretty sure they'd end up homeless at the end of the season, from the moment they told us things would "end bad for the Autobots" this season. I did not see Megatron forming a "this is my world tower"- speaking of despite what Fowler said I don't think they got everyone out of the town before the Cyber-forming. Civilians with no connection to them died.

I hope someone remembered to take the Solus Hammer with them- I'm also not convinced Optimus died, either his arm was blown off or he's just burred in rubble, and will be a Decepticon captive for at least part of season 3.

I'm kinda hoping they take this opportunity to change up some people's character models(specifically the kids) since the lot of them are going into hiding. That may also come into play with new "upgrades" for the various bots and cons.

I think it would've been hilarious if they had cracked the pods and the air wasn't THAT toxic to humans, just to emphasize how little they know about human anatomy.

One of my favorite parts? Starscream slapping Knockout and telling him to do his slagging job.

Oh, YAY NEW VEHICON COLORS! Boo we might never get a toy version from Hasbro.

Okay I'm done rambling now.

9. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Again, there are far too many boardmembers who are expecting far too much of characters and a storyline in a CHILDREN'S show.

The writers simplify the characters and storylines so that CHILDREN can understand and relate to them.

For a children's show, TF Prime is THE GREATEST TF cartoon of all time.

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the episode points out what I both love and hate.

Ratchet and the cons stole the show they were awesome characters and really SS seemed like he truly was the star.

however this was also a good episode to show how much I hate Primes character in this show their was no logical reason to destroy the lock just remove the keys or since he clearly had the upper hand just waste the other 3 cons.

11. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    My god, that was awesome! Why did they wait soooo long for the good episodes to come? And now I have to wait months for a new episode or when does the next season start?

Boy, oh, boy.

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I loved that scene. Jeffrey Combs truly poured it out in that dialogue.

I adored his use of "We needed that." Before, he'd used this line for comedic effect, in response to Bulkhead or some other guy breaking his stuff, we have a jolly good laugh. But here, it's like a dark reprise; it's not about a mere device getting damaged, it's about his last hope for ever seeing a revitalised Cybertron vanishing, gone, destroyed.

Everything he's felt he's been working towards, everything he says that they have sacrificed for, is gone. The way the other Autobots and the humans are clustered around him as he says it, it's almost as if he's alone, isolated from them. They've accepted Earth, but he clung to Cybertron, and was so close to having it....

13. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I'm still questioning... and Airachnid? :S I thought the bots would release her to try to drive away some insecticons (considering she would be also trapped in the base) before running away as always... or that she would be released with some helpful purpose and just runaway like the little b*tch she is xD... but no, now we don't know what happened to her...
    and the relics damn! destroyed? in cybertron? where? :s
    or solus prime hammer? I hope optimus cut his arm and grabbed the hammer and ran away through a ground bridge to somewhere else...
    AMAZING season's end :D  I want to know more! when will Beast Hunters air? :( 

14. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

This really was the Autobot's darkest hour!

- They lost their planet thanks to Optimus,
    - They lost their base of operation,
    - Megatron turned Jasper to his fortress,
    - The Transformers secret is now public,
    - Ratchet was very disappointed in Optimus' gambit,
    - Team Prime is separated for the time being,
    - The Autobot leader is gone,
    - Decepticon forces has increased in numbers,
    - The Decepticons are now working to hunt them down

"Arise, Smokimus Prime"

I hope they make a better name than this...

15. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Exactly. :) 

I didn't even think about that. She would have been destroyed in the explosion... or maybe in some way she'll have survived because of her containment, which she'll now be set free from following the explosion.

Depends if the writers have any plans for her going forward, and in "Beast" Hunters it could be possible? Another thing to wait to find out!

16. romXXII

romXXII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like Prime said, there wasn't time. In the 30 seconds that the Omega Lock was active, it had created a structure taller than any mountain within miles. Imagine if it had stayed on longer as Optimus struggled to disarm all the Decepticons and turn off the Lock. We'd have Jaspertron, Nevada instead.

That said, I would totally watch a TF series where OP has the deaths of an entire town weighing on his spark, in addition to all the Cybertronians who died during his little war.

17. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Omfg, that scene were Ratchet finds out that Optimus destroyed the Omega Lock was really nailed. Awesome. It really showed the tragedy of the burden that a Prime carries.

18. Irony

Irony fangirl

19. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

I don't think that
    Wheeljack died.
    There was no
    explosion during the crash, and he's probably got an eject button somewhere.

20. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    OK after watching the episode again and the previous episode I have the following possible theories.

1. Prime is dead, and he is one with the Matrix, as others have said. He needed this to gain the Knowledge to possibly re-build the omega lock with the Forge- I know its a long shot.

2. Based off past Articles stating a bot will change sides, I think it's going to be wheeljack. He is currently M.I.A. and when he and Ratchet are talking, Jack goes, same team Doc, always have been, always will. This leads me to believe it while be Ratchet who "awakens" jack from Con programming.