Episode 52 "Darkest Hour" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Nov 2, 2012.

1. shockwave555

shockwave555 Well-Known Member

someone please give me a link i NEED IT!

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    It should be up on youtube by now.

3. omnomtimus

omnomtimus decepticon

News Credits:
  4. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Me too. That exhange was my favorite of this show yet.

Ratchet:"Optimus; you/" Op:"did what had to be done"
    Ratchet:"but Optimus, I needed that"

And it only gets better. You can complain about Optimus' stiffness, but Ratchet has enough character for both of them IMO.

5. megapork

megapork Cheese

6. CommanderPrime

CommanderPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    Prime's arm sticking out of the wreckage like that at the end was chilling...
    Might just be me because I really like Optimus in the show more than I should but man he's in bad shape if that actually is him under there.

7. suinegne

suinegne New Member

Predictable and unoriginal. The writers foreshadowed everything:

1. Optimus is killed in the original series/movie and a “young brash Autobot known as Hot Rod” eventually assumes the Matrix of Leadership and becomes Rodimus Prime
    2. What is the definition of smoke screen? “A ruse designed to disguise someone's real intentions or activities”
    3. Smoke Screen was introduced, not to be a vassal for a key, but to introduce a new character…a “young brash Autobot.” The keys and Iocon Database are a “smoke screen” to mask the real reason he was introduced
    4. Watch all the episodes since Smoke Screen was introduced. They keep talking about “destiny” and “one day he’ll be a great fighter”
    5. Who essentially sent Smoke Screen to Earth and Optimus? Alpha Trion…because he knows Smoke Screen’s potential and knows Optimus will see that too
    6. Smoke Screen never gets a stupid pet human

My prediction, if you haven’t figured it out, is Optimus is almost dead, Smoke Screen comes back to find him. Smoke Screen tries to save him, but Optimus refuses and passes Smoke Screen the Matrix of Leadership before he dies. Smoke Screen grows larger and becomes a big sporty truck. All this was done in the original series…just with a different twist. Hope I’m wrong on my prediction but I don’t think I am.

The series would be so much better if they got rid of the stupid kids! Should have let the Cons open those lids!!

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was pretty good, but not as good as I was hoping. Optimus' possible death is a little predictable considering it's been done a bazillion times. Wheeljack's back!!!! and now he might be dead wth. Megatron's arm is gone...damn. Can't wait till next season

9. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    THIS. Arise Smokus Prime :lol 

10. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

Going to say right here I'm in no mood for a Prime take on Rodimus Prime, even if it's Smokimus Prime. I know I'll be in the minority here but I could never stand the original in the original cartoon, and I don't really feel it working shoehorned into here too.

At least this was fun to watch. I hope it keeps the momentum for Beast Hunters. Damn did I smile when Wheeljack hit the field alongside Fowler.

11. Rayqaza12

Rayqaza12 Member

Maybe because Megs spared Scream's life?

12. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    yeah....pre-ordered me a couple extra Vehicon Generals....

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Just watched the episode again..the late airing...and something I think much about earlier... others have asked about the new and improved Vehicons...the Shiny ones...what did they look like??...like Cylons. :D 

Loved when Fowler called them Toasters...Battlestar Gallactica moment...and then they're very similar to Cylons..in the 2004 series. Silver with the long red eye.

[​IMG]

14. OptimussSTAR

OptimussSTAR Well-Known Member

This show has gotten way to predicable so I believe I am done with it, Optimus is the best character along side Bee and Arcee. So now I believe I have had my fill of clinched writers now.

15. MrAho

MrAho Well-Known Member

Amazing episode, really emotional and dark.
    One thing though, wouldn't the huge lazer destroy the ground bridge too, thus making Optimus' sacrifice kinda, you know... Pointless?

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for hours to try and post this, but the site's been so dang busy. :lol 

1.) I love the recap at the beginning. “In case you guys forgot, here’s Dreadwing biting the dust!”

[​IMG]

2.) I do love that panning shot revealing the kids in the cases.
    3.) Interesting to see how much smoother this animation is than last episode’s.
    4.) Whoa. Leave it to Optimus to finally decided that s**t needs to get real at the last moment.
    5.) :lol  at Optimus stepping on Starscream for a lift.
    6.) Aw, poor Ratchet seems rather ticked. Really liked the emotion in that scene.
    7.) Huh. Silver Vehicons.
    8.) Ohmygoshyes. ”Decepticons, transform and rise up!”
    9.) Awesome! Some Folwer action! But Fowler against an army of ‘Cons? Doesn’t seem fair... for the ‘Cons?
    10.) O hai Wheeljack. Thanks for showing up.
    11.) Megatron seems to be as hindered at his lack of arm as DotM Optimus was. That is to say, not at all. I wonder how much complaining there’s been about that?
    12.) While it would be cool to have Optimus actually be dead, I highly doubt it’ll happen. But him springing up from the debris will certainly be cool.

Overall, definitely epic, definitely awesome. :bay  A great way to end the season, I really can’t wait for when season three starts up. :D 

17. RayTheSun

RayTheSun Boy of Meat

I'm gonna call "not happening" on that one.

The only toy (outside of cyberverse) he has is a mostly inaccurate, Japan-exclusive redeco of Knock-Out.

18. GetterRobo

GetterRobo Well-Known Member

mwahaha!!! nice save there Han Solo. :D 

19. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    What I don't get is why optimus would stay just to destroy the space bridge controls and I think Ratchet will be the one to turn to Meg's side. He was too mad about Optimus decision about the omega lock. Yes its predicable but after reading and watching Transformers for twentyfive plus years its hard to surprise me. Its still better than some of the Armada and Energon shows. Those shows hard to fathom when the bots have to stop and ask those damn kids how to handle a situation. Insulting to adults and kids intelligence. Not every episode should be a after school special.

20. Darkbox

Darkbox DNA

Is starscream really loyal to megatron this time or is he going to betray him again

When does season 3 start anyway?