Episode 5 Total Meltdown discussion?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SPOILERS AHEAD

The episode had a lot of great concepts in it, but almost all of them were executed just...not up to par, IMO. The pacing in particular made it way less enjoyable, and the lab accident was shot really confusingly.

And Prometheus Black's voice actor...awesome accent, the few times it came out clearly. :/ If that's his normal real-life accent then I apologize, but its dramatic delivery in this episode sounded absolutely sub-par. 80% of the time, it either mangled the words too harshly or wasn't even there.

Still, if Meltdown returns under better production conditions, I like the idea of the character. :D 

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

If that acid burns through everything should Meltdown be, like, naked? Yet he's wearing some kind of suit, presumably metal.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't think it was a bad episode, but the biggest thing I noticed about it is that it was not particularly "Transformery". One could replace the Autobots in this episode with the X-men, or Batman, or the Teen Titans, or the Fantastic 4, or whoever, and there wouldn't be much adjustment needed at all. It's a pretty interchangeable script.

4. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Jeez... a little harsh. "Wheelie look like the coolest bot in the world"? I thought Bumblebee's story in this one was cute. Unfortunately, that's just not what I was looking for.

5. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

after i post this comment im gonna forget this god awful ep never existed. I hated thid ep, terrible human villain and a crappy bumblebee ep compared to thrill of the hunt

6. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Bad episode. Period. It wasn't very enjoyable and it was more like a chore where you had to watch just to say you watched it. I thought the Transformer in Decepticon's Court or Sea Spray falling in love with a mermaid from G1 were about as bad as this one.

The above poster was right, you could have put in whichever superhero team you wanted and had more of an impactful story. The idea of Transformers "transforming" was totally lost in this episode. The whole idea of disguise itself was lost in this episode. The Autobots are more like the Justice League than the Transformers. I hope they start moving away from the cheesy human plots to more bot-to-bot action.

7. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Very Eh episode. I suspect the reason it wasnt shown was to help 'Get to the good' stuff faster more then any concerns about its nature. Considering it's technically the 2nd ep after the movie, I can understand wanting to have some more Ooompth to get the momentum going.

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I already reviewed it on the "Warner" post but just to summarize I agree with just about everyone and thought this episode was kind of...pathetic. Won't be watching this one again if I buy the dvds.

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I got to see about 12 minutes of it before the file corrupted. And I just want to say a couple of things:

Black's imperfect accent seemed to fit a character who was marketing a product that wasn't perfected yet, as if he didn't care whether or not *anything* he did was perfect so long as it was out there in the market first.

And Prowl and Bulkhead being TV watching couch potatoes together amused the hell out of me. :lol 

--Moony

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I found a better quality version of it Here

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Woah, if you still have this expectation of Animated( or G1 for that matter) I think you need to pay more attention.

The only time they've tried to "Disguise" themselves was when they first woke up from from stasis lock. And then it was more to "fit in" with the "Native Species" more than it was to disguise themselves from them.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally really liked the episode (I'm definetly in the minority on that one). I like how Bumblebee was able to proove himself as usefull as the other Autobots, even for being the shortest of them.

13. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I thought the Episode was ok.
    I think I liked "Colossus" Rhodes as a villian more than Black.

Maybe because he reminds me of Bane?

14. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    All I can say is.............

Where the heck are the Decepticons?????????
    Not one of my favorite episodes

15. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The whole concept of human supervillains doesn't really reach me at all....There are approximately 8 billion cartoons out there that have them, and adding them to the show does little but make it resemble every generic bit of animation that's hit cartoon network since 1999. That, and the characters we've gotten so far look like rejects from a DCcomics cosplay convention.

16. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I dont mind human villains. We've had them in G1 so it's nothing new. (Circuit Breaker, Dr. Archeville, Lord whatshisname). I just dont want them outshining the Decepticons. Human supervillains have a purpose in that they show that evil isnt restricted to just a certain race or side. Heck, I'd like it if we have overly zealous AUTOBOT villains now and then, although I suspect the closest we'll get is Sentinel Prime being a dick. :) 

17. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Decidedly neutral. It was Bumblebee's "I'm better than my comrades give me credit for" show, in the same vein as "Home is Where the Spark Is" (for Prowl) and "Blast From the Past" (for Bulkhead). Not in the same class as the other two, but not bad, per se. For my money (or time), "Total Meltdown" is the weakest link. If that remains the same, I have high hopes for this series.