Episode 46 "Legacy" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Starscream600, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

If a sword cutting a GODDAMN MOUNTAIN IN HALF and MEGATRON HIMSELF PRACTICALLY SHITTING HIS PANTS does nothing to impress you, then i don't know what will. I will agree that it has had some misfires with its epicness, the Armada episode being one. But you're just holding on to the fact that you're trying to make this show bad and you don't grasp the implications! Prime has an ultra-powerful sword powered by an eldritch force than can make swiss cheese out of the topography. Now think about what that means for the Decepticons! If Optimus is in a particularly ruthless mood, all he has to do is run outside, find the Decepticon warship, limber up a bit and take a swing and BOOM. War is won. They're not just going for "ooh look flashy sword thingie can slice rocks!" And, to go further into the preview for next time, Megatron is so desperate to even the playing field that he is willing to CUT OFF HIS OWN ARM IN ORDER TO STITCH ON THE ARM OF A DEAD PRIME!!! He has no idea if that would even work, too!!! Logically it shouldn't, but again that speaks to how desperate he is!

This episode has officially brought the epicness to season 2 i think.

2. s_cren

s_cren Banned

Im curious do oyu actually like this show because every week it seems all you do is put down and call everything in the show stupid im just curious if you dont like the show then why do you watch it and it seems alot of people in the forums just get annoyed with you just curious

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I was thinking one of the modern Aston Martin vehicles actually. Like a DB9 or a Vantage. Its the grill and rear lights that does it.

4. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was actually a pretty good episode, with the introduction of Smokescreen this show has gone from being dead to exciting and epic, smokes had some crackers of lines in this one, loosening the sword for Optimus was a very deadpoolish thing to say I loved it, him sliding and shooting was very cool. He reminds me alot of Hot Rod and to be honest his character and look fits a very Hot Rod motif as oppose to smokescreen imo.

Optimus was fucking bad ass! The sequence for him to get the sword was amazing, megatron and cons attacked him and he got it. The mountain cut was awesome.

Is it just me or was when megatron failed to shoot down prime and flew back to the nemesis with his troops transformed and ran in a very cool shot? I thought that was excellent. It was kind of like he said screw it I tried drop the mountain!

5. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    By the way, did anyone else chuckle when they realized Frank was voicing the truck driver?

6. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    he did?

7. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

I hope Optimus really kicks ass with that sword.

8. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Never knew.

9. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

I already posted this in the Smokescreen appreciation thread, but what the heck.

My guess (with help from my husband):
    Lotus Elise Exige or Hennessey Venom GT
    [​IMG]

10. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    It was pretty obviously Welker. He was doing a less gravelly, deeper voice than his Megatron, but Frank's voice was pretty recognizable.

11. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Are you sure?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's probably a combination of both, but oh well.

12. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

Only 2 points of contention with this episode are bulkhead's near miraculous recovery, and the lack of usage of the virus. Both can be hand-waved in one way or another but I honestly expected bulkhead to be in bad shape still and it seemed as I watched the episode that this would have been a perfect time for ratchet to use the virus to discover the ruse leading to the same showdown.

Personally I don't see the issue with the star saber having all kinds of super powers. Going into prime I was ignorant of all these cybertronian relics so maybe the empty palette has an effect? That being said as cool as the saber is and as interesting as it could potentially be, the stakes are getting so high again (end of season lol) that I feel that fight should be taken off world. Then again keeping the context of Earth serves the purpose of "nerfing" the sword. At first I thought "why doesn't prime just follow the damn ship and end this?", but I realized given his character and position on humanity etc he isn't going to use the nuke even if he has it unless he is absolutely sure no collateral damage will be taken. Or it could simply be the ship was truly too far out of range and it was a show of force.

Really I have enjoyed the entire season and I look forward to where this goes.

Speculation regarding megatron getting the powers of a prime:
    Return to unicron? Maybe he'd be more willing to aid (and ultimately betray) megatron now that he is in the position he is in. Yeah, yeah I know stasis and all but can you really see the show avoiding introducing another mcguffin in order to resurrect Unicron to enable another plot point?

13. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    the trucker must of been in the beginning... jack got his revenge on the bully

14. Breakdown96

Yes he trashed his car, and his boss; I think it was, Pizza in the tailpipe.

15. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    The star saber is amazing, need the Dr Wu one now.

16. Mister Chef

Mister Chef Mister Chef

Good episode. Half of it was pretty boring but the last half was good!

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) Gotta’ love Smokescreen’s logic about speed limits. :lol 
    2.) And his “Bring it!”-line was superb.
    3.) This is a bit random, but I love Optimus’ shoulder design.
    4.) :lol  at the gang’s looks at Ratchet after his remark.
    5.) And it appears that Bulkhead is good as new.Well, his injury was nice while it lasted.
    6.) ”I just pulled a Miko.” Too true, Jack. Too true.
    7.) I haven’t read through the whole thread yet to see if this has been brought up, but I wonder how many people are complaining that Jack was able to run away from the Insecticons like Sam was able to run away from Starscream?
    8.) Oh my gosh, Optimus Prime parkour transforming was so awesome! :bay 
    9.) Optimus is like “Aw yeah, I have the Star Saber! And... I’m falling. What do I do now? Land in a super awesome pose? Yeah, definitely."
    10.) Well, three seconds of Dreadwing in the background is better than nothing.
    11.) Oh, Optimus is actually getting disciplinary... S**t just got real. Oh yeah, and he’s speaking with Alpha Trion through the sword. Whatever. The point is he actually seemed to get stern with Smokescreen!

Overall, an enjoyable episode. Can't wait to see what the next one brings. :D 

18. Breakdown96

When was that, I idn't see him, looking through now on Youtube.

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Good thing the preview for the next ep. shows him in action again.I missed his awesomeness :D 

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    It doesn't, because I like to think Transformers, even on it's worst day, is more impressive than stuff I've seen in Red vs. Blue. I expected the mountain halves to land on the Autobots and Optimus to say "fuckberries" when he did that.

I'm not talking about the implications, I'm talking about the scene itself and how it was staged. I try not to get excited about implications since, in the past, they've usually peetered out immediately. Cutting a mountain in half is friggin' dumb. If it was done for comedic effect that'd be one thing, but they really tried to be serious and as such comes off as the bigger joke. It was a cheap attempt to be "epic' by pulling off a cliche sword move and just seems so uninspired and lazy, like that's the best they could think of?

I did like the show, once, and there's been episode here and there and moments where I still like it, but by and large it's a total dissapointment and wasted potential. And if people are annoyed, well, that's just silly.

When the show gets good again, I'll stop picking on it. But for now it's eyes are bigger than it's belly, and it's constant attempts at grand-scale storytelling are hampered by the small and empty universe and the largely generic, two-dimensional cast.